Trump calls off tariffs on Mexico after deal on migration

rooster59

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

As always you are right darling. Are you from the vision of Pittsburgh Biden gives us?

I guess since you've got nothing, there's nothing left for you to do but troll. Maybe it's time you returned to Mordor for some R&R.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

I guess since you've got nothing, there's nothing left for to do but troll. Maybe it's time you returned to Mordor for some R&R.

I live on the Pennsylvania border. There is no way Biden, Bêto or Warren takes it. It won't even be close. I don't argue that much these days because it won't even be close. I just want to survive long enough to watch the crying when Trump is re-elected. 

So yes you are right just keep going down the path you are on. 

They do sound more desperate by the hour look it’s not the message many of us agree things need to be addressed it’s the messenger that’s the problem a really big uncontrolled dangerous problem 

Just now, Cryingdick said:

I live on the Pennsylvania border. There is no way Biden, Bêto or Warren takes it. It won't even be close. I don't argue that much these days because it won't even be close. I just want to survive long enough to watch the crying when Trump is re-elected. 

Nice try at deflection. This has absolutely nothing to do with the effectiveness of Trump's foreign trade strategy. Giving up much?

5 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Nice try at deflection. This has absolutely nothing to do with the effectiveness of Trump's foreign trade strategy. Giving up much?

Please be gentle with him. He is, after all, defending the indefensible and that's a tough job.

No, didn’t you hear Nancy? Trump is going to be jailed at any moment!

Actually, I think this thread is more about illegal immigration, and the fact that Mexico is now making more of an effort to stop people coming through.

It’s not really a trade issue.

While I did not and do not support the steel tariffs, getting a large percentage of your steel from a country that could pose a military threat, is absolutely a security issue.

did you guys like the stunt he put up with the news people, they have been asking him for the details of the deal and all of a sudden reaches into his jacket and pulls out a piece of paper, so called ONE page deal with Mexico, he just waived it but didn't show the contents, guess it must have been his dismission letter...

3 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Well, they’ve sent troops to their southern border and are pulling people off trains.

and????? that was agreed 3-4 months ago by the Nielsen lady

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

Actually, I think this thread is more about illegal immigration, and the fact that Mexico is now making more of an effort to stop people coming through.

It’s not really a trade issue.

While I did not and do not support the steel tariffs, getting a large percentage of your steel from a country that could pose a military threat, is absolutely a security issue.

Yes, Mexico and Canada are clearly likely to pose a military threat. That's why the Northern border virtually has no soldiers on it. And on the southern border, soldiers are painting the wall.

Significantly better? Has there been a reduction in the influx at the northern border?

I understand how complex this must sound, but nothing will stop every one, including the wall.

The idea, is to do many things (including the wall) to stop as many as possible.

I understand you want open boarders, and your team wants to circumvent anything that might slow down the flow, but at least this is something.

42 minutes ago, mogandave said:

And they caught a bunch of people.

Better than nothing...

have you been following the news, Mexico have been removing people from the trains and stopping them at the border with Guatemala for the past 3-4 months, nothing absolutely nothing new here

31 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I understand how complex this must sound, but nothing will stop every one, including the wall.

exactly, so let them be and do as they have been doing for long time, they are not the problem, the ones already inside the US are the problem

exactly, so let them be and do as they have been doing for long time, they are not the problem, the ones already inside the US are the problem

Yes, we’ve got to get them free health care and voting rights as quickly as possible.

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

The idea, is to do many things (including the wall) to stop as many as possible.

I understand you want open boarders, and your team wants to circumvent anything that might slow down the flow, but at least this is something.

In your recent posts you have provided 2 inspiring slogans for Trump's campaign:

"Better than nothing."

"At least something."

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

In which post has the idea of open borders been supported?

In which post has the idea of open borders been supported?

I know you all claim you don’t want open borders, because you know it’s a loser at the ballot box, but the fact that you don’t want to do anything to seal the border shows that you do.

“Your actions are so loud, I can’t hear a thing you’re saying.”

On 6/11/2019 at 1:29 PM, Sujo said:

Or he could just simply prosecute and fine companies that hire the illegals.

but his own companies would then be paying.

I would agree with this it's what was done decades ago when the same problem occurred and it worked.

5 hours ago, mogandave said:

Well, they’ve sent troops to their southern border and are pulling people off trains.

The troops that were deployed to the southern border were all equipped with battle paint gear!  They are painting DT's freaking wall/fence. The least they should have done was issue them paint guns and then they could claim that it is a training exercise.

15 hours ago, Mavideol said:

did you guys like the stunt he put up with the news people, they have been asking him for the details of the deal and all of a sudden reaches into his jacket and pulls out a piece of paper, so called ONE page deal with Mexico, he just waived it but didn't show the contents, guess it must have been his dismission letter...

Sort of reminds you of something, doesn't it?  

On February 9, 1950, Senator Joseph McCarthy stepped into the spotlight of national attention with a speech given at Wheeling, West Virginia. McCarthy was nearing the end of his first term as senator and needed a big issue to energize his run for a second term. Holding up a piece of paper, he claimed to have in his possession information proving that more than 200 employees in the State Department were card-carrying members of the Communist Party. The charge--never substantiated--grabbed headlines at a time when friction with the Soviet Union and fear of communist subversion were growing in the country.  https://www.archives.gov/education/lessons/mccarthy-telegram

I would agree with this it's what was done decades ago when the same problem occurred and it worked.

One of the companies I work for in TN got busted and fined last year.

I agree this should be stepped up, but the workers need to be deported.

Also, this does nothing to address people that are not working, and people that are working off the books.

The troops that were deployed to the southern border were all equipped with battle paint gear!  They are painting DT's freaking wall/fence. The least they should have done was issue them paint guns and then they could claim that it is a training exercise.

“The Wall” is between the US and Mexico, the 8,000 troops were sent to Mexico’s southern border.

22 minutes ago, mogandave said:

“The Wall” is between the US and Mexico, the 8,000 troops were sent to Mexico’s southern border.

The 6000 troops that were sent to the border between Mexico and Guatamala are Mexican troops, not US troops..  What I was referring to is the US troops that were sent to the US/Mexican border.  They are the ones painting the wall/fence and should be armed with paint guns!

7 minutes ago, wayned said:

The 6000 troops that were sent to the border between Mexico and Guatamala are Mexican troops, not US troops..  What I was referring to is the US troops that were sent to the US/Mexican border.  They are the ones painting the wall/fence and should be armed with paint guns!

For whatever reason the laws dictate the army can not be involved in domestic affairs. We could send a welcome committee to Mexico's southern border. 

Archived