Trump calls off tariffs on Mexico after deal on migration

rooster59

13 hours ago, Mavideol said:

exactly, so let them be and do as they have been doing for long time, they are not the problem, the ones already inside the US are the problem

So you don't mind if you have to take an entire family in your home?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

For whatever reason the laws dictate the army can not be involved in domestic affairs. We could send a welcome committee to Mexico's southern border. 

So that justifies having them paint walls and in general doing something other than what they are trained for?

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

So that justifies having them paint walls and in general doing something other than what they are trained for?

We can agree to disagree. Talking to you is pointless. Trump will win again and there is no need for me to justify it or rationalize it to you. yet again. Have a nice evening.

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

We can agree to disagree. Talking to you is pointless. Trump will win again and there is no need for me to justify it or rationalize it to you. yet again. Have a nice evening.

Again with the Trump will win deflection. No difference in substance from a 10 year old saying Nah Na Na Nah Nah. Just an empty taunt. You've got nothing.

Again with the Trump will win deflection. No difference in substance from a 10 year old saying Nah Na Na Nah Nah. Just an empty taunt. You've got nothing.

Riots in HK and alliances with Poland. I like my chances. 

3 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Mexico came to talk, that's the news. Common sense trumps outrage.

They've been strictly policing immigration for several months now. And the situation at the US-Mexican border has improved?

What kind of doublethink does it take to believe that a situation that the USA can't manage with all it massive resources, someone can be managed better by Mexico?

5 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

They've been strictly policing immigration for several months now. And the situation at the US-Mexican border has improved?

What kind of doublethink does it take to believe that a situation that the USA can't manage with all it massive resources, someone can be managed better by Mexico?

The dems did less than nothing.Beto wanted to tear down existing walls but he lost to Cruz. to answer the question if Mexico is the middle country that stops potentially millions of people from coming.

People are beginning to fly in for the free asylum. 

The 6000 troops that were sent to the border between Mexico and Guatamala are Mexican troops, not US troops..  What I was referring to is the US troops that were sent to the US/Mexican border.  They are the ones painting the wall/fence and should be armed with paint guns!

You responded to my post, which referred the the Mexican troops sent to Mexico’s southern border.

The dems did less than nothing.Beto wanted to tear down existing walls but he lost to Cruz. to answer the question if Mexico is the middle country that stops potentially millions of people from coming.

CA’s giving the “free” medical, that should be a big deterrent.

2 hours ago, wayned said:

The 6000 troops that were sent to the border between Mexico and Guatamala are Mexican troops, not US troops..  What I was referring to is the US troops that were sent to the US/Mexican border.  They are the ones painting the wall/fence and should be armed with paint guns!

The post you responded to was referring to the MEXICAN troops.

3 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Fact-challenged much?

President Trump Isn’t Breaking Immigration Arrest Records

Recently released data on the number of arrests by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) shows that they are arresting many fewer illegal immigrants under Trump’s administration than under President Obama’s, at least through June of 2018.  During the first full 17 months of the Obama administration, from February 2009 through June 2010, ICE arrested 437,671 illegal immigrants.  For the same first full 17 months of the Trump administration, ICE arrested 226,138 illegal immigrants, about half the number arrested during the same period in Obama’s administration.

https://www.cato.org/blog/president-trump-isnt-breaking-immigration-arrest-records

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Oh, it's a binary choice is it? Either paint fences at the border or go to war?

I'm just guessing, but I doubt you have served to know what goes on in the military.

Do you imagine they spend all day doing bayonet practice?

Painting fences or anything like that is just as much part of a soldier's life as shooting at people.

I did as much time wasting tasks as any soldier during my service.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm just guessing, but I doubt you have served to know what goes on in the military.

Do you imagine they spend all day doing bayonet practice?

Painting fences or anything like that is just as much part of a soldier's life as shooting at people.

I did as much time wasting tasks as any soldier during my service.

You're the one who made it a question of either/or. And I somehow doubt that soldiers get deployed in large numbers elsewhere just to wind up pasting fences. If they're doing that that means they're foregoing training. And I don't know how long it's been since you were a soldier, but I suspect conditions in the modern armed forces, which are entirely voluntary, are a lot different from the time you were there.

You're the one who made it a question of either/or. And I somehow doubt that soldiers get deployed in large numbers elsewhere just to wind up pasting fences. If they're doing that that means they're foregoing training. And I don't know how long it's been since you were a soldier, but I suspect conditions in the modern armed forces, which are entirely voluntary, are a lot different from the time you were there.

LOL.

I was a volunteer in an all volunteer military, and while the equipment may have changed I doubt the military way of doing things will have.

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL.

I was a volunteer in an all volunteer military, and while the equipment may have changed I doubt the military way of doing things will have.

So basically given your binary contention, you were either painting fences or waging war?

So basically given your binary contention, you were either painting fences or waging war?

Weren’t you the one complaining about them not doing what they were trained for?

I think performing construction or maintenance tasks on a border wall seems like a worthwhile project.

What would you have them do?

10 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Weren’t you the one complaining about them not doing what they were trained for?

I think performing construction or maintenance tasks on a border wall seems like a worthwhile project.

What would you have them do?

They were scheduled to paint for 30 days. As to what I would have them do. Be elsewhere. Learning things. These troops aren't even allowed to engage with immigrants. The US is supposed to be running a pretty lean armed services who are supposed to be continually learning and training.

They were scheduled to paint for 30 days. As to what I would have them do. Be elsewhere. Learning things. These troops aren't even allowed to engage with immigrants. The US is supposed to be running a pretty lean armed services who are supposed to be continually learning and training.

Things like what?

They ‘re learning how to paint a barricade which one would assume could be helpful in a war.

Archived