Taxi driver: "I didn't mean to attack two Korean tourists - they wanted the meter on"

rooster59

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...Instead of doing that he took them to a quiet soi off the route  - Viphawadee Rangsit 8 - and attacked them.

He took their Samsung smart phones worth collectively more than 50,000 baht and left them battered and bruised....

So how on earth does he claim he didn't mean to attack them. He took them to a quiet Soi with that intent and robbing them on top of the beating. No wonder tourism is failing fast in the Land of Smiles. ????

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

How do people convicted of theft from passengers manage to keep their taxi licence, so as to be able to do it again? Unbelievably poor excuse that he was angry because they wanted the meter on. Everyone wants the meter on. Not doing so is just further proof of his total dishonesty, and the reason why if and when he gets out of prison, that he is never allowed to drive a public vehicle again.

Why bother with taxi license when no one checks and even if checked 500-1000 baht fine and keep on driving .

Though I thinK in this case he would spending some quality time in jail. 

18 minutes ago, car720 said:

Thailand = Free Land.  This is my free land and nobody has the right in my country to stop me from doing whatever I want.

Seriously, that is the belief.

Not exactly ; " The country of free men "

to rape is when you ( they )  do not want to;
I wanted to ... (Coluche a French humorist)

51 minutes ago, APJ291 said:

Disgusting Vile animal.., hope they sell his taxi off to pay for 2 new replacement smartphones, private hospital treatment for the ladies and throw him in the slammer for a few years... leopard ???? don’t change his spots as they say... blatant knock merchant...

Does he look like he owns it? They are rented , thats why he couldn't give a rats about his assault

3 hours ago, SammyT said:

Settle down internet tough guy.

However, stories like this are why people favored Uber so much, yet the taxi Mafia wouldn't have it. Until they start policing their own, we'll keep seeing stories like this 

Taxi drivers are policed. Uber drivers barely. 

Explain why Uber - in the long run - might be better. 

Knowing human nature I imagine they will be worse...much worse.

Rooster

3 hours ago, riclag said:

Ban him from ever driving a taxi!

Reposes  his taxi and sell it to help pay for damages and medical cost incurred by the ladies.

Ban him from driving!?  He should be sentenced for one year in jail + pay the medical costs + revoked license, for attacking these (in my opinion) nice looking ladies.

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A taxi driver told police in Bangkok that he never intended to attack two South Korean women with an iron bar. 

back to the rice fields for you

you have no place in the service industry

40 minutes ago, captainhornblower said:

...Instead of doing that he took them to a quiet soi off the route  - Viphawadee Rangsit 8 - and attacked them.

He took their Samsung smart phones worth collectively more than 50,000 baht and left them battered and bruised....

So how on earth does he claim he didn't mean to attack them. He took them to a quiet Soi with that intent and robbing them on top of the beating. No wonder tourism is failing fast in the Land of Smiles. ????

# kidnapping

# assault and battery with a deadly weapon

# robbery

# refusal to use meter

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

There's no accounting for stupid and this looks like a prime example of the 'thick as a brick syndrome'. 

Well, fancy wanting the meter on!!  Where did they think they were?

????

once a bkk taxi i got into also refused to turn on the meter and we got into an argument. finally i told him to stop. i left taxi and entered family mart. next i see taxi driver parked and followed me into family mart. he put his hand at back pocket as if he had a weapon. staff were amazed. i told him to look at all the cameras inside and not worry since he will be famous on tv news.  he backed off and left. 

some are criminals posing as taxi drivers

4 hours ago, Denim said:

That poor taxi driver. I think I'll start a go fund me page for him . If I can raise enough  might be able to buy him a brain.

you won't be limited by empty space for it

3 hours ago, riclag said:

Ban him from ever driving a taxi!

Reposes  his taxi and sell it to help pay for damages and medical cost incurred by the ladies.

Hope they had mandatory health insurance 

4 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Is this not the reason why the meter is there in the first place?

You want the meter on. How dare You ....... hang on whilst I get out my iron bar to thrash you about the noggin' can't understand You ignorant ferangs Why not jail and ban all taxi drivers after a previous offence for this blatant dishonesty. Is that not being reasonable or am I missing something here ? 

We've all been there surely, somebody asks us to do our job properly and we attack 2 innocent women with an iron bar, <deleted>! This animal should never be allowed to work as a taxi driver again, ever.

The sad part of this story is, he will be back to work next week after saying sorry and promising not to do it again. OK worse case, 6 months to 1 year! The cold hard fact is he will be back driving a taxi in a very short period of time. With the governments total lack of any responsibility for tourists safety, the horrible state of most beache's, the rip of merchants on every corner, the death trap roads with most drivers thinking they are formula 1 drivers, pollution far exeding healthy levels, regular huge police patrols, treating every western foreigner like a crimnal and the few that are real crimanls get over sensationalized in the press, which is beginning to make the normal Thai distrust and dislike any weastern person. Big joke was a big joke the amount of racism he brought on board with him, but it is not getting any better!  It is any wonder why Thailand has any tourism to talk about. Just my opinion that I can only see it being damaged to the point it will spirall out of control downwards. If I didn't have a family here I would have left a long time ago. 

50 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

Taxi drivers are policed. Uber drivers barely. 

Explain why Uber - in the long run - might be better. 

Knowing human nature I imagine they will be worse...much worse.

Rooster

Uber or grab are monitored for their behaviour. If they get enough bad reviews they are taken off the register, End of taxi. I have used Grab many times and always found them to be much more polite than normal taxi drivers.

Also you know before you get into the cab the approximate fare the drivers name, his registration number and his current score. Everything needed to go to the police if the is a problem. The route is also logged on GPS if he wanted to take the Scenic route and a quiet soi. Much more safety involved. 

I would trust their policing over that of the the RTP which can easily be bought with a brown envelope.

Archived