Taxi driver: "I didn't mean to attack two Korean tourists - they wanted the meter on"

rooster59

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears these grubs never learn  that the tourist dollar is very important for the economy. Already we are seeing tourist numbers falling and people like myself do not spend the  months we use to in Thailand.  The taxi issue is a real problem  and e always dread  arriving  late at night and been at the mercy of those mafia  taxis.The last thig you want after a long flight is arguing about  a driver to put the meter on.Will the police every get serious and fix the taxi problem,Are the atxi still  hanging around Soi20  Sukhumvit  looking for a sucker?If they do not want to use their meters simply  take their plates  and their cars

4 hours ago, shady86 said:
5 hours ago, scorecard said:
So what punishment did the taxi driver get?

Wai and 500B fine. Thats the standard punishment for them.

Only when the victims are non-Chinese.....

5 hours ago, Pilotman said:

There's no accounting for stupid and this looks like a prime example of the 'thick as a brick syndrome'. 

its absolutely amazing how dumb, thick and gutless these people are...

should be banned permanently from taxi driving,plus serve prison time....

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

How do people convicted of theft from passengers manage to keep their taxi licence, so as to be able to do it again? Unbelievably poor excuse that he was angry because they wanted the meter on. Everyone wants the meter on. Not doing so is just further proof of his total dishonesty, and the reason why if and when he gets out of prison, that he is never allowed to drive a public vehicle again.

"if and when he gets out of prison,"  You been drinking ?

5 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Can someone pls post his plate? I wana keep it for ref. Ill beat the living hell out of him because he makes me angry!

Iron bar, seriously? Firing squad!! 

Wow you're an intelligent one aren't you?

A bit early to be on your bar stool.

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Taxi driver: "I didn't mean to attack two Korean tourists - they wanted the meter on"

It's never ending, and there is no end.  The blame lies directly with the authorities.  Little if any enforcement, and what enforcement their is has no teeth.  5000 THB fine.  Ok.  That's a license to beat the hell out of the next foreigner women who want the meter turned on.  

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thanadech Thanathirapong, 51, was meant to take the ladies - who had been drinking - from a Rachada shop to Samut Prakarn on Monday. Instead of doing that he took them to a quiet soi off the route  - Viphawadee Rangsit 8 - and attacked them.

Kidnapping and battery to boot.

What kidnapping here in Thailand.  A wai, and handslap?  You and I, fellow farang, will never hear the outcome to this.  My educated guess - this guy will be driving taxis in a couple of years and all will be forgiven.  It's honestly sickening.  Not the crime itself - the apathy of the Thai system that does not end this.  That's sickening.  

He drove of with 200,000 bht luggage from another passenger before. Okey and what was his jail sentence then??

Did he pay back the 200 k he robbed that previous passenger?

And is he paying back the 2 Koreans?

hospital bills  the phones he took?

etcetc 

i've been in bangkok for 10 years (8 months a year) and i rarely get a taxi that uses the meter.  i don't even bother to try for it, if they turn it on great otherwise i just tell them how much i'll pay (which is usually double the meter rate).  it just isn't worth negotiating for the meter or getting out of the taxi and trying to get another one (not to mention getting beat up).  i'm used it to now.  i've found some drivers get upset when you tell them which way to go in order to get to your destination.  i'm sitting in back looking at traffic conditions on google maps so have a pretty good idea.  but advising some drivers of that info is somehow offense to them.

places where i almost always get the meter - DMK and BKK airports.  the taxi queue at CW immigration if i'm going to mochit BTS. 

53 minutes ago, Bartman1369 said:

Also you know before you get into the cab the approximate fare

As far as I know, it is not the approximate fare.  It is the exact fare.  I have used Grab at least a hundred time and the fare was always as stated on the app.

6 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Can someone pls post his plate? I wana keep it for ref. Ill beat the living hell out of him because he makes me angry!

Another 'keyboard warrior' You'll be swearing next and taking sweets off the local kids....

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

in a previous incident in Phrapradaeng he fooled a passenger into giving him a push before driving off with 200,000 baht in valuable that the passenger had left in the car. 

so we have a repeater, 1st offense 500 baht, how much is it know and let's wait for the third one, maybe more violent than the two first ones....the police should lock him up, he's a danger to society and to TAT ratings

6 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

usually police cover their faces, here they show it but forgot to show the taxi number/company name and the car plates, do you think they do in purpose

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

I didn't mean to attack two Korean tourists 

He was just playing. 

abduction and prevention of freedom and intimidation and spreading chaos and panic among touristsand cut off the road and stealing  foreigners and taking the property of others with threat and trying  to distabilize the system by giving the wrong behavour and false info about the securityof the country.

nothing else

stupid taxi driver

Archived