Thais on Twitter urged to drop #RIPTHAILAND and instead use #SAVETHAILAND

rooster59

Thais on Twitter urged to drop #RIPTHAILAND and instead use #SAVETHAILAND

Screenshot 2562-06-08 at 10.06.04.png

Image: Daily News

Thai political bigwig Newin Chidchob has warned Thais online not to follow or share the #RIPTHAILAND hashtag on Twitter.  

He said Thais should not have a go at their country and make the kingdom a laughing stock abroad. 

It would be far better for them to adopt #SAVETHAILAND instead, said the veteran politician who started the Bhum Jai Thai party and is the chairman of Buriram United Football Club.

#RIPTHAILAND has been one of the top trending hashtags on Twitter since the announcement of the Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha  as Thailand’s new prime minister on Thursday.

Within hours of the announcement, the hashtag was being used by both Thai and English language users.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-08

4 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

#RIPTHAILAND has been one of the top trending hashtags on Twitter since the announcement of the Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha  as Thailand’s new prime minister on Thursday.

This is what Democracy looks like , its the right to express an opinion without threats of retaliation from the Government .

51 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

He said Thais should not have a go at their country and make the kingdom a laughing stock abroad. 

A certain person (Mr P), beat them to it 5 years ago, and is continuing to do so. 

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Thai political bigwig Newin Chidchob has warned Thais online not to follow or share the #RIPTHAILAND hashtag on Twitter.

What an absolute scumbag. Words fail me. 

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

It already is, Mr. Newin... and to a large part thanks to people of your ilk, the crooked, shameless, greedy, self-entitled politicians and "elite" that have systematically kept on destroying this country for decades for their own nefarious benefit.

Next headline 5 million Thais arrested for sharing posts as the genie is out of the bottle and the farce of an election and ensuing endemic corruption that followed has been played out in front of a internet savvy audience as the country is now the stock of laughing and for a few all the way to the bank????    

1 hour ago, Misterwhisper said:

It already is, Mr. Newin... and to a large part thanks to people of your ilk, the crooked, shameless, greedy, self-entitled politicians and "elite" that have systematically kept on destroying this country for decades for their own nefarious benefit.

And change side for the most financial gain.

One day Thailand might have a real uprising and all these scumbags will be eliminated permanently. 

3 hours ago, dcnx said:
7 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Did they ever hear of the streisand effect?

No. And they also never heard of the Somchai Effect.

The Somchai Effect: Isn't that where an attempt to censor news makes it hotter than any version of somtam know to man?

Once again someone is expressing their opinion as fact.

When actually their opinion is just what they imagine and has very little grounding in reality. I think the world is nodding in silent agreement with the creative responses on twitter to the election. But hey - that is my opinion I will not force anyone to agree or disagree with me or get other to side with my imagination. 

3 minutes ago, nickstav said:

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable"...John F. Kennedy

That's a very good quote.

I'd suggest it being translated into Thai and circulated on social media, but somehow I don't think it would serve to inspire many, irrespective that not enough know who JFK was.

It  is  bit amusing  how this  is all taken so seriously as  some  affront to  the long term attempts  to somehow  vaguely  warn Thailand as to the  well informed  opinion  of  non Thai and to  be so  abjectly  ignored.

TVF may be monitored  but  apart  from general amusement  the only  content  of concern would be that  which  moderators step on if at all  in conflict with allowed  commentary versus doubtful issues of  consequence overall.

Given the  current state of western political cockups and agitations it is  hardly justifiable any  commentary about Thailand in critical isolation  is  actually of greater validity.

Live it.  Cope with it. That is if  you actually  reside  here  and are  not one of those despondents  who  bailed due  to  personal incapacity to do so  but re visit  via TVF  to vent and illustrate the  fact of  it.

12 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The less than nimble minds that voted junta beat them to it.  Nice try  blaming the average Thai for troubles caused by inbred Thai elite.  Some Thais at least have a healthy sense of what is right and wrong.   Just hire BK48 to do a little junta song and dance.

There is a wake up call coming,  and it will be interesting to see what happens.  When Thailand gets on Trump's radar, and he has no compunction with demanding the Thai government picks a side.  

Things are just starting to get interesting. 

PS. Sitting comfortably back in the USA,  supporting my Thai family from abroad.  Best decision I ever made. Go home while I was in charge of my future,  not another country's government. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48568282

Screenshot_20190608-163429_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, CaptainJack said:

PS. Sitting comfortably back in the USA,  supporting my Thai family from abroad.  Best decision I ever made. Go home while I was in charge of my future,  not another country's government. 

Why bother coming here in the first place, if this was your main concern ?

5 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Why bother coming here in the first place, if this was your main concern ?

Was not my main concern.  I owe you and nobody any explanation.   Bottom line? I'm taking care of me and those I love in Thailand while everyone else is stuck.  Wait Thaiwrath.  Things have not even started to go downhill in Thailand.  Thank God I got out before I was to far in to get out.  Good luck.  I'd hope for better days ahead for everyone.   

PS. I can send directly to my Thai family enough money monthly to never worry again.  God speed......

15 hours ago, Artisi said:

One day Thailand might have a real uprising and all these scumbags will be eliminated permanently. 

Indeed, and we will the first victims, with our wives and mixed blood children.

19 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Indeed, and we will the first victims, with our wives and mixed blood children.

If you think that, better pack your bags early and high-tail it back to your utopia. 

This guy is a two faced monkey snake. Why should he feel he has the power to warn THAI people when he cannot stand as a legitimate person beside them. So I bet we can consider this a national security issue and the Twitter posters will be dealt with. 

"Thai political bigwig Newin Chidchob has warned Thais online not to follow or share the #RIPTHAILAND hashtag on Twitter.  

It would be far better for them to adopt #SAVETHAILAND instead, said the veteran politician who started the Bhum Jai Thai party and is the chairman of Buriram United Football Club."

.....says the guy who epitomises the very worst of Thai political culture:bah:

Archived