Pink Card and 7-Eleven Loyalty Card

41 minutes ago, SNowtiger said:

is the TM30 still needed with the yellow tabienban and the pink ID Card ? I see the the address is on it and I think that you also in the computer system.

Asked the same question at my local Immigration office in Chiang Mai Province and was told they do not acknowledge them probably because they are only issued by the local office.

Thinking about it since, there is a requirement to lodge a TM 30 when returning from overseas or in some provinces from traveling outside the province and all that having the house book in your name would do is perhaps to allow you to lodge it instead of the housemaster.

Having said that some offices allow the individual to lodge the TM 30 themselves, if all that makes sense.

On 6/9/2019 at 1:49 PM, sumrit said:
On 6/9/2019 at 1:34 PM, LivinLOS said:

Flat refusal at 2 national parks I saw it attempted at. 
Left the holder highly deflated after banging on that it would allow Thai price entry.  

Last time I used mine to get Thai admission prices was at three different venues in Pattaya (a Water Park in Bang Saray, underwaterworld and Nong Nooch gardens) a few weeks ago during the Songkran festival

These are not National Parks but private businesses, and these 3 allow foreigners to get the discounted prices as long as they can prove they are not on here a Tourist Visa.

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

These are not National Parks but private businesses, and these 3 allow foreigners to get the discounted prices as long as they can prove they are not on here a Tourist Visa.

So the discounts I received don't count then because they're not National Parks...........I still got the discounts because I had a pink ID card, and I did have to show my pink ID card at the ticket window. Does that mean, because they're not National Parks, I have to give the discount back then???????

So the discounts I received don't count then because they're not National Parks...........I still got the discounts because I had a pink ID card, and I did have to show my pink ID card at the ticket window. Does that mean, because they're not National Parks, I have to give the discount back then???[emoji16]
We went to the national park eg the zoo at Sri Racha and used my driving licence,not only let me in but my daughter ,grandaughter and son in law at Thai price, my wife and son are Thai.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 minutes ago, sumrit said:

So the discounts I received don't count then because they're not National Parks...........

Fact is that you replied in post #12 to someone who was talking specifically about National Parks... Private parks were not the subject.

23 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Fact is that you replied in post #12 to someone who was talking specifically about National Parks... Private parks were not the subject.

I do wish you'd read post twelve and the rest of the thread properly.

The comments in general were all about posters getting a Thai price at VARIOUS venues, not just National Parks.

Yes, I highlighted a post by LivinLOS who was the only poster to say he was refused the Thai price at two National Parks. I highlighted his post because the initial part of my reply was to ask him which National Parks he was referring to.

I then went on with the second part of my post to inform people in general that I had also received various discounts and gave three examples of recent discounts I had received in Pattaya.

Where and when was that?

Was clearly asking which National Parks he was referring to.

I then posted:

Last time I used mine to get Thai admission prices was at three different venues in Pattaya (a Water Park in Bang Saray, underwaterworld and Nong Nooch gardens) a few weeks ago during the Songkran festival 

this was the general information about successfully using my ID card and clearly has NO reference to ANY National Park.

15 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Depends on your amphur.. So you have to go ask locally. 

Generally its a long term lease, the house tabien baan (any name) long stay visa, bring along witnesses (often the pho yai baan, which is a bit onerous) and often your landlord if in rented. 

Some places its easy, a simple checklist, other places they seem to think they are precious and make life so hard many people give up (go get translations from bangkok, just keep adding requirements) etc etc. 

Thank you.  I think I'll get a TOPS card instead.

On 6/10/2019 at 9:10 AM, Neeranam said:

Are you saying that you opened s bank account without a passport? I think that is impossible.

Changed money in bangkok bank kad suen cow ( my predictive text will not allow correct spelling)Chiang mai.. And at another lesser known bank i opened a second bank account for my visa deposit. Used yellow book pink card and did not have a copy of my passport. Maybe they had a copy from my first account so sorry not intending to intentionally mislead. Not mentioning the bank in case I get them in trouble but they have branches in other Asian countries.

8 minutes ago, Dogbarker said:

Changed money in bangkok bank kad suen cow ( my predictive text will not allow correct spelling)Chiang mai.. And at another lesser known bank i opened a second bank account for my visa deposit. Used yellow book pink card and did not have a copy of my passport. Maybe they had a copy from my first account so sorry not intending to intentionally mislead. Not mentioning the bank in case I get them in trouble but they have branches in other Asian countries.

Still a bit confusing, but thanks.

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I have one but very rarely use it. The most important thing I do use it for is at hotels - then i avoid the stupid reporting when i get back to my home.

What stupid reporting? I've never retorted anything after staying in a hotel.

On 6/10/2019 at 3:10 PM, Neeranam said:

Are you saying that you opened s bank account without a passport? I think that is impossible.

Definitely NOT impossible. I've done it twice.

I opened one at Krung Thai with just my yellow book as proof of ADDRESS and my pink ID card as proof of ID. Didn't need or even have my passport with me. Did the same at Thanachart. Both banks branches were in Central Plaza Chonburi.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

What stupid reporting? I've never retorted anything after staying in a hotel.

Tm30 reporting, that you have to do whenever you return to your residency.

If you checkin with a pink id card they dont do tm30 reports imo, doesn't work everywhere but would also mean no need to do a tm30 when back

10 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

If you checkin with a pink id card they dont do tm30 reports imo, doesn't work everywhere but would also mean no need to do a tm30 when back

Strange, just don't tell them youve gone. I use my drivers licence

35 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Can't see how hotels could provide TM30-style notifications in any event on the strength of pink ID cards, given that these cards are, if my understanding is correct, lacking in one small, but crucial, detail in the form of the holder's current permission to stay in Thailand expiry date!

Edited by OJAS

7 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Can't see how hotels could provide TM30-style notifications in any event on the strength of pink ID cards, given that these cards are, if my understanding is correct, lacking in one small, but crucial, detail in the form of the holder's current permission to stay in Thailand expiry date!

That's why people use them ???? they can't make a TM30 report with pink id card or DL but they still most likely don't want to refuse your booking...

If they would be strict tho then they demand a passport or copy of it.

4 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

When ?

Many things were possible years ago that are no more possible nowadays... :sad:

Certainly not many years ago. Using a yellow book and pink ID card to open a bank account certainly IS possible today.

Krung Thai account was opened in August 2017, almost two years ago.

Thanachart account opened in December 2017, just eighteen months ago.

With both of these accounts, because I just used my pink ID card and Yellow book to open them (the same way a Thai National would), my name in the bank books is written in Thai (copied from those documents).

With the Kasikorn account that I've had for about fifteen years I used my passport and a residency certificate to open it and my name is written in English.

Because of the recent changes to the income method when applying for an extension, I also opened a Bangkok bank account five months ago, in January 2019, and for convenience I needed to use a letter from the British Embassy with my details included. Again, because my details were in English my name in the Bank book is written in English. 

Edited by sumrit

On 6/10/2019 at 3:10 PM, Neeranam said:

I think at KTB I opened my account this year with the Pink ID. Everything on the bank book is written in Thai and no english translation of my name. (I am not sure anymore if I also had to provide the Passport as well.. so can't tell you with 100% security that passport wasn't needed).

On 6/10/2019 at 3:55 PM, StevieAus said:

Unfortunately it does not have the same standing as a Thai ID card because we are not Thai and  even although I do have one and have found it useful on occasions it’s use is limited.

I was advised that the strict legal position is that it is only valid within the jurisdiction ( area)  in which it was issued.

Yes, the main problem of the Pink ID is that there is no laserID and no chip. I hope they change this in the near future. Then this ID would be a real good solutions for longstay foreigners. At the moment it's helpfull for some. But the problem is that some ampur have too complicated rules. I was lucky that my one was quite easy with the rules.

On 6/8/2019 at 1:01 PM, grahambkk said:

I called 7-Eleven today and after a long delay being pushed around their switchboard they said I should try again to get my 7-Eleven Card at a shop. It seems the Pink Card does not have the SMART chip that the normal Thai ID-Card has, so they could not enrol me! You would have thought that after the rigmarole getting the Pink Card, they could at least have incorporated a chip in it!!

Sounds to me that you went through all thet problem getting a pink ID card, just for have a chance to get a 7-11 Loyalty Card. Is that one really that important?

The pink ID is for using for identification purposes dealing with Thai banks, authorities and at domestic airports as a few examples.

Edited by Matzzon

14 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Strange, just don't tell them youve gone. I use my drivers licence

Which has your passport number clearly written on it. Two factors, does the hotel do the TM30 report? If not, no issue. Secondly, does your local IO require it? Don't you use Jomtiem, who do not?

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Which has your passport number clearly written on it. Two factors, does the hotel do the TM30 report? If not, no issue. Secondly, does your local IO require it? Don't you use Jomtiem, who do not?

Only if you use your passport and a residence certificate when applying for your Driving Licence.

If you use your pink ID card and Yellow book your Thai ID number replaces your passport number on your DL.

Just now, sumrit said:

Only if you use your passport and a residence certificate when applying for your Driving Licence.

If you use your pink ID card and Yellow book your Thai ID number replaces your passport number on your DL.

Didn't realize that, so no way to link to you and TM30 requirement? Or TM30  requirements do not apply?

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Didn't realize that, so no way to link to you and TM30 requirement? Or TM30  requirements do not apply?

Not that I'm aware of. I did ask at one resort in Rayong about eighteen months ago, where the owner's husband was British. He told me they only had instructions to record passports, there was no option for them to record pink ID cards.

• Thanks 1