Fix a dash cam and get a 20,000 baht prize! New idea to shame (and prosecute) nutty Thai drivers

rooster59

Fix a dash cam and get a 20,000 baht prize! New idea to shame (and prosecute) nutty Thai drivers

cams.JPG

Image: Daily News

The head of Thailand's anti-drink driving foundation is encouraging motorists to install dash cams and post pictures of appalling Thai driving. 

Dr Thaejing Siriphanich thinks there is plenty of scope. 

And he has promised prizes each month up to 20,000 baht for the best shaming videos. 

So far Dr Thaejing's "Car Camera Club" site on Facebook has been posting 100 videos a month for about a year.

Nine prizes were given this month alone - top prize is 20,000 baht, then 10,000 and 6,000. Consolation prizes of 2,000 baht are also give. 

Many of the posts result in police prosecutions. They feature popular local activities:

Fleeing the scene
Illegal maneuvers 
Tailgating 
and dangerous and intimidating driving.

More videos are wanted to advertise just how bad Thai driving is and to catch more people, said Dr Thaejing whose aim it to name and shame and raise driving standards.

Now it will be even easier than ever to get those prizes. 

Dr Thaejing said that he would prefer motorists to post on their own Facebook pages. His staff will then look through social media to find the best and most popular ones and ask your permission to put on Car Camera Club. 

cam2.JPG

In this way more and more people will be shamed - he was even happy that the foul language of angry posters would add to the shame effect. 

So get installing your dash cams, get posting and get prizes, said the doctor. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-08

7 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

post pictures of appalling Thai driving. 

What about appalling farang driving.  I blend in by driving worse than they do. I'll let you know when my picture comes up.

24 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The head of Thailand's anti-drink driving foundation is encouraging motorists to install dash cams and post pictures of appalling Thai driving. 

When I go to town my camera is generally slung over my shoulder and yesterday was no exception. I was walking on the street headed to the hardware store to buy some materials. Normally, I prefer the sidewalk but as usual the vendors and assorted vehicles were blocking the path. Anyway, a couple of farmers decided to try and squeeze their motorcycle between the pylon and the potted plants on the sidewalk on the other side of the street. 

I have no idea why since there wasn't any cars on the road, but at least the couple was able to ride away. Just another day...

mc wreck.JPG

Are the Old Bill eligible also ..

This ain't nowt new .. There's hundreds nay faas'aands of dashcam vids on Y T under car crash Thailand .. a UK mate stays up for hrs watching 'em asking " do they really drive like this over there " .. I say just look at the casualty rate for the answer .. 

I could have a field day with this one......LOL

Not sure if I could show the best, but I can show daily consistently bad behavior, mainly no blinkers while lane changing, I especially love it when cars crisscross each others lanes with no blinkers, near misses everyday, must be the amulets saving them ????

Isn't that draconian online defamation law still in place? This seems like an excellent way to get yourself thrown in jail by posting a video of a bad driver who didn't want to be "shamed".

22 minutes ago, clokwise said:

Isn't that draconian online defamation law still in place? This seems like an excellent way to get yourself thrown in jail by posting a video of a bad driver who didn't want to be "shamed".

Defamation would be a "false" claim, I think video would prove it wasn't false.

Section 330. Truth as a Defense

In case of defamation, if the person prosecuted for defamation can prove that the imputation made by him is true, he shall not be punished. But he shall not be allowed to prove if such imputation concerns personal matters, and such proof will not be benefit to the public.

The good Doctor says that he would prefer that the owner of the video uploads it to their personal Facebook account, then his staff will trawl Facebook. The question is, where will he find the staff in Thailand who have the necessary skills.

2 hours ago, essox essox said:

just how much does a dash cam cost??

the outlay just might be more than the stupendous prizes on offer (if they exist)!!!!

If you are a Farang especially it is more about what it might save in a dispute with a liar and an assistant cop. I have front and back. The rear one after it cost me 2.000 baht unfairly. 

On 6/8/2019 at 11:52 AM, rooster59 said:

Dr Thaejing said that he would prefer motorists to post on their own Facebook pages.

How could Dr Thaejing and his staff possibly Know where to look with millions of accounts. How do they obtain user names?

Archived