BANGKOK 18 July 2019 23:19
Caspersfriend

Does this kind of data say it all about the assessment of air pollution in CM .. and probably Thailand

21 hours ago, beau thai said:

Can you recommend an inexpensive reasonably accurate sensor please,as I suspect there are very many inaccurate ones around?

I use the xiaomi pm 2.5 sensors available on AliExpress.

They have a cheap one that can't be controlled from their app which is only about $27 if you want to see results on your app when you're away from home then you can get the more expensive one for $55

You can also get them from Lazada but they will be a little more expensive.

The Air is excellent right now and there's no need for concern but there will be days during this rainy season when it does go to unhealthy levels when we have heavy cloud cover for a few days and the air pollution from cars builds up.

3 hours ago, THAIJAMES said:

I use the xiaomi pm 2.5 sensors available on AliExpress.

They have a cheap one that can't be controlled from their app which is only about $27 if you want to see results on your app when you're away from home then you can get the more expensive one for $55

You can also get them from Lazada but they will be a little more expensive.

The Air is excellent right now and there's no need for concern but there will be days during this rainy season when it does go to unhealthy levels when we have heavy cloud cover for a few days and the air pollution from cars builds up.

Thank you. I have a xaomi air purifier with a sensor display but I am unsure how accurate it is. Apart from that, if I can see Doi Kham in the distance, then the air is generally ok!

But a sensor on my terrace is probably sensible before next smoky season

6 hours ago, beau thai said:

Thank you. I have a xaomi air purifier with a sensor display but I am unsure how accurate it is. Apart from that, if I can see Doi Kham in the distance, then the air is generally ok!

But a sensor on my terrace is probably sensible before next smoky season

I also have 2 xiaomi air purifiers with sensors and also the cheap one and the more expensive one.

The more expensive one might be more sensitive, but to tell you the truth a few aqi points does not make that much of a difference.  I have found it to be very similar reading to a station nearby.

On 6/11/2019 at 1:39 PM, bkk6060 said:

Too much nit picking with these machines.

I just spent the past 2 weeks in CM it was beautiful.  Played golf just about every morning.

Some rain in the evening,  Seemed all clear and fresh to me thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Some need to live their life and move on...

As a visitor of course you are right.  But as a resident there is no effort involved.  Just buy a sensor place is somewhere and it is always working.

The piece of mind of knowing that you are breathing fresh air or when to turn on your air filter actually allows you to worry less about air quality.

I don't need a meter to tell the difference between the smoke from Feb through May and the air quality now.  I drive down the road and look at the mountains.  Clear as a bell right now.  Will be until next February.