Any one using / has used a CAT sim card to connect to the internet

I live a long way from the nearest CAT office so before I make the journey to ask a few questions there I thought I would ask here to see if any one else is using / has used a CAT sim card to connect to the internet .   I am looking at the CAT 6Mbps 3 or 6 month postpaid option .

CAT web site

http://www.mybycat.com/en/PostPay.php?package=89_แพ็กเกจเสริม-my-เน็ตเพลิน-1,-4,-6-Mbps

Just looking through the CAT web site I saw a list of terms  and conditions relating to the 6Mbps option .

Terms and conditions ( using google translate ) 

------------------

• Such packages For normal personal use only Cannot be used for commercial purposes Or using large amounts of data that may affect other users, such as using Bit Torrent (Bit Torrent) or sharing via Hotspot or using electronic devices that require connection In the event that the Company detects such use, the Company will automatically suspend the use of the data.

• If the company Detected that the user has downloaded Or upload large files Or use any With continuous high-volume data transmission In a manner that is not as normal as the general public uses Or have usage behavior that may affect the use of services of other users Or have an impact on the network and overall service provision. The company has the right to manage the network as appropriate. In order to maintain service quality standards And to help the overall service users to use effectively, the company can change the promotion Or limit the amount of usage of users and the speed of the internet as appropriate.

• 4G / 3G internet usage speed depends on service area, number of users, connection equipment And the settings of the device.

• Service fees other than those specified Based on the rate specified by the service provider, including international phone charges Call charges, special numbers, roaming charges And other value added services.

• The above fees do not include VAT 7%. The company reserves the right to change the details. By giving notice in advance.

----------------

At home I have a wireless WiFi router that I insert a sim card into that provides an internet connection to various devices through out the house ( Android tablets / mobile phones / Laptops ) .

The areas in the above terms and conditions that worry me are marked in red.

Any one using / has used  a CAT sim card to connect to the internet , if so how did things work out ?

Thanks 

CAT-sim-1.png

I have the 12-month 4Mbps version on my phone. I ported my number from True to CAT recently in order to get it.

Works fine but I have never tried to use it as a hotspot etc.

My previous True 12-month data package could not be added to my existing SIM so I was obliged to use it in a 4G/wifi dongle but I found that rather inconvenient, hence the complete switch of my number to CAT.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

I have the 12-month 4Mbps version on my phone. I ported my number from True to CAT recently in order to get it.

Works fine but I have never tried to use it as a hotspot etc.

My previous True 12-month data package could not be added to my existing SIM so I was obliged to use it in a 4G/wifi dongle but I found that rather inconvenient, hence the complete switch of my number to CAT.

Thanks for getting back , have you experienced any speed throttling or data restrictions ?

I saw another forum member say some thing about having a CAT sim card  and that it would not work in their WiFi sim card router , so they contacted CAT and I think it was some how sorted out , but trust me I can’t remember who the forum member was.

1 hour ago, Whip Me Granny said:

have you experienced any speed throttling or data restrictions ?

No, but I dont use it much. It worked fine for streaming BBC radio to my car stereo on a recent trip, and it worked for watching TV from overseas in a Bangkok hotel also.

2 hours ago, Whip Me Granny said:

Thanks for getting back , have you experienced any speed throttling or data restrictions ?

I saw another forum member say some thing about having a CAT sim card  and that it would not work in their WiFi sim card router , so they contacted CAT and I think it was some how sorted out , but trust me I can’t remember who the forum member was.

Probably they just need to enter the APN details. 

Instead of concerning yourself overly about it, just get a My by CAT SIM and try their service out.

You get a new SIM, choose a Main Package and then apply the code shown below

You can get 4 Mbps unlimited for a month for 96.30 baht by entering;  *906*490# after you choose a Main Package.

Main Package costs nothing, it's just a choice of how much the default cost of calls and SMS will be.

http://www.mybycat.com/en/PrePay.php

26 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Instead of concerning yourself overly about it, just get a My by CAT SIM and try their service out.

You get a new SIM, choose a Main Package and then apply the code shown below

You can get 4 Mbps unlimited for a month for 96.30 baht by entering;  *906*490# after you choose a Main Package.

Main Package costs nothing, it's just a choice of how much the default cost of calls and SMS will be.

http://www.mybycat.com/en/PrePay.php

The 96.30 baht price seems to be a one month promo trial price? Or can one use the code again and again?

3 hours ago, sfokevin said:

The 96.30 baht price seems to be a one month promo trial price? Or can one use the code again and again?

I am sure it is a one off. 

But a good introduction to the service, to see if it works for you.

Archived