Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 June 2019 15:49

Recommended Posts

I've used Buriram Pieman (burirampieman.com) for the 10 yrs they have been operating.   Never been disappointed.

 

It is all a matter of taste when you come down to the style of pie and particularly the pastry.

 

If you have an urge for something not on the list they will endeavour to knock it up for you.   A few items on the list I claim to be responsible for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

did you know there are dungeons under the jail. And the trap door is on the second floor where they hung up to 10 prisoners a day .back in 1986 the prisoners had to go to the toilet in plastic buckets and empty them in the morning as the prison was classified by the national trust .over 2000 Chinese are buried in the cemetery.The beechworth bakery made a fortune on weekends just on people coming to the jail to visit family members in there as they were allowed to take food in and their pies sold out

Edited by kevvy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kevvy said:

Dunroamin

I have the cookbook of beechworth bakery pies .I dont know where you are from but the bakery is in Bendigo and beechworth .Famous pies in the country towns of vistoria.I can post you the receipe if you can bake them

Cheers

Kevvy

Sure, send the recipe, I do make my own from time to time, however, I just throw in what I think is right, sometimes good ,  sometimes not so good. I am going to order some products from the Buriram pie man, as he he gets a good wrap from existing clients. Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrMo said:

I've used Buriram Pieman (burirampieman.com) for the 10 yrs they have been operating.   Never been disappointed.

 

It is all a matter of taste when you come down to the style of pie and particularly the pastry.

 

If you have an urge for something not on the list they will endeavour to knock it up for you.   A few items on the list I claim to be responsible for.

Thanks for the info, cheers, I have placed an order with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet to find a pie in Chiang Mai worth a damn. I feel a craving for a Bertoldo's Bakery steak and onion pie coming on. Griffith, central NSW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2019 at 4:31 PM, DUNROAMIN said:

Thanks for the info , might give them a go. cheers

I buy the Aussie minced beef pies from Lady Pie and they are good.........and have seen them in Tops and Big C.

Edited by xylophone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I buy the Aussie minced beef pies from Lady Pie and they are good.........and have seen them in Tops and Big C.

Maybe in the big cities, but not here in Mukdahan.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Food for foreigners mails out to all of Thailand next day delivery and with dry ice if needed. Never tried their pies though

FFF Price List.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Sure, send the recipe, I do make my own from time to time, however, I just throw in what I think is right, sometimes good ,  sometimes not so good. I am going to order some products from the Buriram pie man, as he he gets a good wrap from existing clients. Cheers

will photo copy the receipe tomorrow and send to you

Hope you enjoy it ..

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Sure, send the recipe, I do make my own from time to time, however, I just throw in what I think is right, sometimes good ,  sometimes not so good. I am going to order some products from the Buriram pie man, as he he gets a good wrap from existing clients. Cheers

DUNROAMIN

Have got a whole cook book on all their products

b.jpg

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 6:18 PM, madmen said:

Food for foreigners mails out to all of Thailand next day delivery and with dry ice if needed. Never tried their pies though

FFF Price List.pdf 14.55 MB · 5 downloads

 

7 hours ago, kevvy said:

DUNROAMIN

Have got a whole cook book on all their products

b.jpg

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

Thanks for that, cheers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...