Makro

kevvy

Went to makro today and brought the best celery I have ever seen there , It was not the Chinese garbage , but flown in from somerville, Victoria ,Australia.Sure I paid more (140baht) well worth it .Also they had Tasmanian Huron smoked salmon so a few packets went into the trolley. So if you want the celery they had about 10 boxes ..spoke to the guy in charge and said he will be getting more veggies in from Australia

20190608_130045.jpg

20190608_130048.jpg

20190608_134907.jpg

20190608_134916.jpg

I usually get celery in Big C, they sometimes have the good stuff there.

Makro is always worth a look, I occasionally get Parmesan cheese there,  a kilogram wedge of imported is good value and keeps forever.

2 hours ago, Manassas said:

How close to the "middle of nowhere" are we living that we get excited by celery! 555! ????????????

We're out of control up here.

It's just like the wild west.

Excited , as we usually get the crap from china which has been grown in human feces , and if you were any sort of cook you would understand .Yes I get excited when I see good produce .

I am a little out of town , but it feels little the middle of nowhere as it is so quite .Maybe I will sell my home and move closer to the university, hahaha

Just now, kevvy said:

I am a little out of town , but it feels little the middle of nowhere as it is so quite .Maybe I will sell my home and move closer to the university.My wife said it would be hard to sell the home as it was over 12 million to build with the  land  . hahaha

One of the reasons for the celery shortage and cost is the newish health tread of celery juice Just talking with a friend in North Vancouver and celery  is 5 to 7 $ Can a bunch these days. a similar thing has been happening with cauliflower and all the different uses been applied in the cooking world ( pizza crusts , rice replacement etc) All the new diet trends sure end up costing every a lot of extra money and it never returns back 

7 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

I'm off to sizzler now with a Tupperware box and all you can crunch????

Is sizzler still going??? Was not a big customer in Australia when I was there

4 hours ago, Randell said:

One of the reasons for the celery shortage and cost is the newish health tread of celery juice Just talking with a friend in North Vancouver and celery  is 5 to 7 $ Can a bunch these days. a similar thing has been happening with cauliflower and all the different uses been applied in the cooking world ( pizza crusts , rice replacement etc) All the new diet trends sure end up costing every a lot of extra money and it never returns back 

I was happy to get a good bunch of celery no matter the cost ,..cooked some last night

On 6/9/2019 at 11:48 AM, sammieuk1 said:

I'm off to sizzler now with a Tupperware box and all you can crunch????

Sizzler Hua Hin went there once, couldn't stop crapping for a week

You are welcome to it :bah:

41 minutes ago, monkeycu said:

Sizzler Hua Hin went there once, couldn't stop crapping for a week

You are welcome to it :bah:

Went there a couple of years ago and saw about four small cockroaches doing a relay race between the containers on the salad bar..........never been back. 

I admit that wherever you go to eat here there will be cockroaches somewhere on the premises, but just did not expect it from a so called hi class chain............:smile:

On 6/9/2019 at 11:00 AM, kevvy said:

Excited , as we usually get the crap from china which has been grown in human feces , and if you were any sort of cook you would understand .Yes I get excited when I see good produce .

I bought some too - good quality and a great price (for Thailand). Cold with cheese and hot with chicken! 

Keep it to yourselves ,but sometimes i get leftovers from a Royal Visit
Mea Fah lLuang - Princess Mothers House(lettuce)
Life is good [emoji106][emoji111]️[emoji173]️[emoji1080]

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Keep it to yourselves ,but sometimes i get leftovers from a Royal Visit
Mea Fah lLuang - Princess Mothers House(lettuce)
Life is good [emoji106][emoji111]️[emoji173]️[emoji1080]

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

My Bro in law works in the gardens there

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived