Advice please

Hello My 90 day report is August 20 but I am flying out to the UK on the 27th.   I know the report is l5 days ahead or 7 days after but what would you experienced people do? Should I chance it or go to CW before the 20th. Thanks

11 minutes ago, scott60 said:

Hi Jacko

I have heard horror stories about getting nabbed and fined for overstay

Overstay is completely different than failing to do a 90 day report.

Overstay is staying in Thailand beyond your permit to stay.

Agree, do not overstay. Although at the airport overstay results in a fine, a stamp in the pasport but they don't prevent you flying.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

There will definitely be no problem at the airport. There will also be no problem before you leave Thailand. The question is whether a missed "90-day" report would be noticed (and, if so, punished) during a visit to your immigration office on your return to Thailand.

The consensus seems to be that the 90-day report only becomes compulsory if you are over 97 days in Thailand continuously. That does not seem logical to me. The grace period for filing a late report ought not, in my mind, mean a 90-day report ceases to be a requirement if you leave the country after 91-97 days. However, experience seems to confirm the (to me illogical) consensus. It seems no 90-day report is needed in your case.

• Like 1

You can do it 14 days before or up to 7 days after the due date. I would not leave it to the last day in case of any delays with your departure. Better safe than sorry.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hello My 90 day report is August 20 but I am flying out to the UK on the 27th.   I know the report is l5 days ahead or 7 days after but what would you experienced people do? Should I chance it or go to CW before the 20th. Thanks

So you want every body to tell you how many days in advance and after they do their 90-day reporting?

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, eagleo said:

You can do it 14 days before or up to 7 days after the due date. I would not leave it to the last day in case of any delays with your departure. Better safe than sorry.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Do it online, save yourself going to Immigration. (Only works on Internet Explorer). I may be wrong but thought it was between 7 and 14 days before due date.

Edited by DaRoadrunner

Report due on Aug. 20th and leaving Thailand on Aug. 27. Unless going to do the 90-day report is very onerous for you (which it might well be if you have to go to CW), I would do it to be on the safe side.  If you plan to continue living in Thailand, don't give them any reason to mess with you. 

If you can't do it online then mail it in around 17 days before it is due.  The slip notifying you of your next report date will be waiting for you in the mail when you return.  You can then just ignore that date and report 90 days after you return.  Check the pinned topic for the 90 checklist.  Usually costs 43 baht for the registered letter and 3 baht for the return envelope.  It will take 30 minutes tops.  You can just mail it and forget it but keep copies of the old 90 notification, your TM-30 and registered mail receipt.