BANGKOK 19 June 2019 16:41
atchara

What is the best dog food that is inexpensive ?

Hi there, we adopt a puppy 3 months old (siberian husky). I found the royal canin brand name quite expensive. Could you recommend me a cheaper and good quality brand easy to find in Thailand ?

Thanks in advance !

Hi, I don't know what prices you are paying now but Lazada sellers stock Royal Canin 18-34% below recommended retail price - if that helps. (May or may not be cheaper, I don't know what you're paying!). 
As for cheaper, good quality alternatives, that's a tough question. There's a great website called 'Dog Food Advisor' that rates dog foods. It gives Royal Canin 3 out of 5 stars.
It gave Orijen 5 stars - you can buy that on Lazada but it's more expensive than Canin. The cheaper alternatives (Alpo and Pedigree) were both rated 1 star. So for the price, Royal Canin is probably the best quality. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jadee said:

Hi, I don't know what prices you are paying now but Lazada sellers stock Royal Canin 18-34% below recommended retail price

It may vary by type but the prices I see on Lazada are all, with one exception, well above cost directly from vet for small bags and the few large bag sellers have never had any stock.  Vet charges 655 or 665 for 1.5kg obesity type.  

• Like 1

"APro I.Q. Formula" 10 Kg sacks from Supercheap.

• Like 1

I get large breed Royal Canin for my Dalmatian, Bull Terrier & Weimaraner. Its 1990 Baht for 15kg from my local pet food shop. On Facebook there is a new Thai brand called Wolflicious that looks interesting as its grain free & its 1200 Baht for 15kg. Royal Canin isn't the best I'd rather have grain free organic dog biscuits but the price is prohibitive here.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Big Guns said:

I get large breed Royal Canin for my Dalmatian, Bull Terrier & Weimaraner. Its 1990 Baht for 15kg from my local pet food shop. On Facebook there is a new Thai brand called Wolflicious that looks interesting as its grain free & its 1200 Baht for 15kg. Royal Canin isn't the best I'd rather have grain free organic dog biscuits but the price is prohibitive here.

look interesting, thanks

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2019 at 7:57 PM, atchara said:

Could you recommend me a cheaper and good quality brand easy to find in Thailand ?

Something wrong with ALPO? (under the Nestle group).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpo_(pet_food)

You get it virtually everywhere.

We use in addition to other food (chicken (liver), rice etc.).

I buy the "Beef/Liver/Vegetable" sort.

739 Baht for 20 kg sack at Lazada delivered to the door.

859 Baht at MAKRO. 899 (or more) at Tesco Lotus.

Available at other chain stores too.

I suggest you buy a smaller size for test-feed, see whether they adopt to it.

alpo.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Something wrong with ALPO?

On 6/8/2019 at 8:34 PM, jadee said:

The cheaper alternatives (Alpo and Pedigree) were both rated 1 star. So for the price, Royal Canin is probably the best quality. 

Of rated brands Royal Canin was rated 3 stars (and from reading would rate a bit higher in my judgement of what matters most).