What is the best dog food that is inexpensive ?

19 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

That's a bit sad. A dog's love is unconditional. Easy enough to prevent them eating shit.

I've had dogs and cats both as pets. Dogs have separation anxiety. Cats couldn't care less.

Dogs cannot love you they are incapable of emotions, they just want feeding, try stopping that and see if they still 'love' you. Separation anxiety just shows what pathetic dependant animals they are and why they bark all day when left alone, cats are much the superior pet.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Dogs cannot love you they are incapable of emotions, they just want feeding, try stopping that and see if they still 'love' you. Separation anxiety just shows what pathetic dependant animals they are and why they bark all day when left alone, cats are much the superior pet.

Have you ever owned a dog?  While I am not overly sentimental and definitely not a crazy dog / cat lover thinking animals are little human children,  it's easy to see dogs have emotions, jealousy, anger, playfulness and happiness, fear, aggression etc, if you spend any time with them and watch them interacting with people and other dogs. 

Once they get a bond with a human there is something their, more than they have with other dogs in fact.  They will also usually protect their human, and seek comfort and affection, and can sense the owners mood.

It might not be 'love' in the way humans understand it, but it's definitely an emotion of affection.   Actually, what I see of human love often falls short of what it should be lol.  

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

I think you mean cats are a more convenient pet. Both species have their good and bad points.

You can train a dog - to defend property, fetch game, round up sheep, bring slippers or a newspaper. I've never heard of anyone training a cat. Anything they do that is useful, such as catching mice, is pure instinct. If anything, cats train their owners.

Many people have dogs or cats as a substitute for children. Nothing wrong with that, but I daresay the ones with dogs are getting more feedback.

We have four dogs and I would not feed them any of the commercial canned or biscuits allegedly for dogs.  The contents are to say the least dubious and un-natural.  We feed our dogs BARF, which is Bone and Raw Food, which includes selected veg and fruit.  They all have lovely shiny coats and eyes and are full of bounce.  Even our Vet has converted to BARF for his dog.

Hi there,

i'm sorry but the first thing what came in my mind was  "A HUSKY?? in Thailand????" Those dogs are made for  -30° not +30°.

Second thing was "this dog will be your best friend for the next … years. So why try to find cheap food for him?

But at least you want to find quality food for him.

Like is see other write inhere Royal Canin is probably the best food available but yes not cheap.

But on the other side i think fresh chicken isn't that expensive also.

A few weeks ago i saw chicken filet for 89bht/kg and it wasn't bad at all because we used it for a bbq too ???? .

And i think your dog wouldn't be unhappy to get some fish(filet) now and then too.

My last dog also did get meat combined with rice and vegies. And those things also aren't expensive and nutritious.

Good luck with your new best friend.

2 hours ago, Foexie said:

Hi there,

i'm sorry but the first thing what came in my mind was  "A HUSKY?? in Thailand????" Those dogs are made for  -30° not +30°.

Second thing was "this dog will be your best friend for the next … years. So why try to find cheap food for him?

But at least you want to find quality food for him.

Like is see other write inhere Royal Canin is probably the best food available but yes not cheap.

But on the other side i think fresh chicken isn't that expensive also.

A few weeks ago i saw chicken filet for 89bht/kg and it wasn't bad at all because we used it for a bbq too ???? .

And i think your dog wouldn't be unhappy to get some fish(filet) now and then too.

My last dog also did get meat combined with rice and vegies. And those things also aren't expensive and nutritious.

Good luck with your new best friend.

Siberian Huskies can work and live in temperatures as low as 75 degrees below zero Fahrenheit . As stated repeatedly throughout these education pages, Siberian Huskies are remarkably adaptable animals. So long as they have adequate shade, shelter, and water, they seem to do just fine in warmer climates 

http://www.siberrescue.com/huskyed5.html

Currently I'm feeding my dogs Prowild. I really love this brand. I buy it for 780bht per 10KG at a local shop, although the price on their website is a bit higher than this. It has no poutry by-product meal, no corn, wheat or soy or artificial colors and preservatives. 

However with my latest addition to our family the amount of dog food we need a month has more than doubled, so I'm looking into cheaper options. 

I've tried the brand Maxima before which is 850bht for 15KG on Lazada, that seems like a decent brand. There's also no soy in it and I think the ingredients were pretty decent but I can't remember. (I bought it a long time ago when prowild was unavailable)

I've also been looking into F1 dog food. But I don't know about their ingredients. I've sent them a message but they haven't replied yet. It's very cheap. The Econ one is 650bht for 15KG. Does anyone have experience with this brand? 

My Chihuahua is now 22 years or more (we don't know exact age) and going strong, still active and healthy.

His diet:  1 home cooked meal a day (chicken, pumpkin and then either liver or other organ meat, but most often liver) and then leave out Smart heart dried food for him to take as he wants. He only takes the dried food  when really hungry as he doesn't like it too much so cost is minimal but UI figure it will help compensate for any missing mocronutrients in his main home cojked meal.

The home cooked is  easy to make especially using a microwave. I cook a few days supply of each ingrediant at a time and then each night just mix together and reheat.

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

My Chihuahua is now 22 years or more (we don't know exact age) and going strong, still active and healthy.

His diet:  1 home cooked meal a day (chicken, pumpkin and then either liver or other organ meat, but most often liver) and then leave out Smart heart dried food for him to take as he wants. He only takes the dried food  when really hungry as he doesn't like it too much so cost is minimal but UI figure it will help compensate for any missing mocronutrients in his main home cojked meal.

The home cooked is  easy to make especially using a microwave. I cook a few days supply of each ingrediant at a time and then each night just mix together and reheat.

22 years for a dog? Are you sure it's not a cat in disguise?

22 years for a dog? Are you sure it's not a cat in disguise?
LOL he woukd resent that! Very much a dog and the cats in the household are the bane of his existance.

R escued a little over 20 years and full grown, estimared at least a couple years old at that time. So he is not less than 22 and could be 23-25.

His whiskers have gone white and now his main fur is also going a bit greyish white, he"s a little hard of hearing and sleeps more of the time than he used to. But he still runs like the wind and does happy dances and still terrorizes the cleaning lady, laundry lady and delivery men. Overall has a good quality of life

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

LOL he woukd resent that! Very much a dog and the cats in the household are the bane of his existance.

R escued a little over 20 years and full grown, estimared at least a couple years old at that time. So he is not less than 22 and could be 23-25.

His whiskers have gone white and now his main fur is also going a bit greyish white, he"s a little hard of hearing and sleeps more of the time than he used to. But he still runs like the wind and does happy dances and still terrorizes the cleaning lady, laundry lady and delivery men. Overall has a good quality of life

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

My son has a wire-haired terrier rescued from being dumped as a puppy. The happy dances and sprints around the house are part of his daily repertoire. Always keen to insinuate himself into my lap when I visit.

He's learned to treat their cat with respect, after being biffed a couple of times. They live in a state of armed neutrality.

hello, can we find any of this in Thailand ? Where ? How much ? The usual cheap dog food has a maximum of 20% protein only (Makro, etc...) Thanks for your help.

https://www.cuteness.com/article/list-10-highestprotein-dog-foods

As of 2018, the highest protein dog foods include:

• Wysong Epigen — 60 percent protein
  • Instinct Ultimate Protein Chicken and/or Duck — 47 percent protein
  • Evo Turkey and Chicken, Red Meat Formula and/or Salmon and Herring — 42 percent protein
  • Wysong Nature with Quail — 41 percent protein
  • Solid Gold Barking at the Moon with Beef — 41 percent
  • Wysong Fundamentals — 40 percent protein
  • Wysong Anergen 2 — 40 percent protein
  • Back to Basics Pork, Turkey and/or Open Range — 38 percent protein
  • Instinct Chicken Meal — 38 percent protein
  • Orijen Tundra, Adult Dog, Regional Red and/or Six Fish — 38 percent protein 

On 6/11/2019 at 4:49 PM, Sophon said:

The Savepak costs 735 THB, but that is for 25 kg.

chVn8lJmX.png

So the equivalent cost for a 20 kg. pack of Savepak would be 588 THB, quite a bit cheaper than the 855 THB quoted for the Alpo.

Sophon

They have now reduced to 20kg. 735 thb for a bag, pretending that its a discount, but actually 5kg missing, so price is higher than before.

On 6/10/2019 at 2:16 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Something wrong with ALPO? (under the Nestle group).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpo_(pet_food)

You get it virtually everywhere.

We use in addition to other food (chicken (liver), rice etc.).

I buy the "Beef/Liver/Vegetable" sort.

739 Baht for 20 kg sack at Lazada delivered to the door.

859 Baht at MAKRO. 899 (or more) at Tesco Lotus.

Available at other chain stores too.

I suggest you buy a smaller size for test-feed, see whether they adopt to it.

alpo.jpg

less than 20% protein, one of the worst, just as makro savepak.

give plain rice to your dog, its exactly the same thing...

Archived