Does everyone required to change LNB and HD decoder?

Senn Lens

About few days ago, I received this massage from 1 of pay TV channels on True Visions. Does I requires change new LNB or doesn't requires change new LNB?

My one use universal type of KU Band LNB and HD decoder (combo set DVB T2 & DVB S2).

Actually I'm Malaysian by the way residing in Kelantan and always visit Thailand for shopping spree at border town every weekend. I still have Thai mobile number (I use both DTAC and True Move H in Thailand) for some reasons and I always put the roaming mode on because want to make easy to triggered to pay my pay TV channels and packages from True Visions.

IMG20190607135929.jpg

It would depend on which LNB you currently use...I imagine you'll need what they call a "Universal LNB"

A Universal LNB has a switchable local oscillator frequency of 9.75/10.60 GHz to provide two modes of operation: low band reception (10.70–11.70 GHz) and high band reception (11.70–12.75 GHz). The local oscillator frequency is switched in response to a 22 kHz signal superimposed on the supply voltage from the connected receiver. Along with the supply voltage level used to switch between polarizations, this enables a Universal LNB to receive both polarizations (Vertical and Horizontal) and the full range of frequencies in the satellite Ku band under the control of the receiver, in four sub-bands:[7]

Here is an example of a Universal LNB used in Europe:

• Noise figure: 0.2 dB typical
  • Polarization: Linear
Supply Block Local oscillator
frequency
Intermediate
freq. range
Voltage Tone Polarization Frequency band
13 V 0 kHz Vertical 10.70–11.70 GHz, low 9.75 GHz 950–1,950 MHz
18 V 0 kHz Horizontal 10.70–11.70 GHz, low 9.75 GHz 950–1,950 MHz
13 V 22 kHz Vertical 11.70–12.75 GHz, high 10.60 GHz 1,100–2,150 MHz
18 V 22 kHz Horizontal 11.70–12.75 GHz, high 10.60 GHz 1,100–2,150 MHz

so install new LNB then in the set top box adjust the   "local oscillator frequency settings"

probably need to rescan channels too.

This may help  there should be  files for  other set top boxes on the true site  (hidden somewhere)

http://www3.truecorp.co.th/assets/files/files/LNB_SK1000S_KU_universal_E(2).pdf

Edit  I just noticed you say you already have a Universal LNB...so you should be OK.

Archived