TM 30 Online - More info, please

OP keep in mind you can do tm30 by mail yourself as "possessor". Only mention because lot of members posting difficulties registering online. Yet success stories also. I'm going down the post route just prior to my next extension and not bothering with the additional zillion required if rules strictly followed. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP keep in mind you can do tm30 by mail yourself as "possessor". Only mention because lot of members posting difficulties registering online. Yet success stories also. I'm going down the post route just prior to my next extension and not bothering with the additional zillion required if rules strictly followed. 

Best to confirm your IO accept postal applications first.

Even then I'd advise sending by EMS, with a prepaid EMS return address envelope.

At least you'd have proof they received it.

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Even then I'd advise sending by EMS, with a prepaid EMS return address envelope.

Again good tip. I sent my one and only tm30 to CW several years back. I included the self addressed return. Never had a reply. I'm guessing there is no record of my tm30 on file.

• Like 1

When registering, it requests a "House ID No." and "Documents showing the location of the residence that needs to be registered, such as house registration, copy of deed or contract of sale".

I'm renting from owners who I can't currently contact to get this information, so is there any way round this?

4 minutes ago, treetops said:

When registering, it requests a "House ID No." and "Documents showing the location of the residence that needs to be registered, such as house registration, copy of deed or contract of sale".

I'm renting from owners who I can't currently contact to get this information, so is there any way round this?

A copy of the lease maybe?

17 minutes ago, treetops said:

If you are in a condo there's a chance the condos juristic office can do it for you instead. Did u ask them?

1 hour ago, potless said:

A copy of the lease maybe?

No lease.  All done verbally and through friends of friends.

54 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

If you are in a condo there's a chance the condos juristic office can do it for you instead. Did u ask them?

I haven't so it might be worthwhile asking.  I was hoping to do it via the app/online though.

5 hours ago, treetops said:

The document is a Tabien Baan. (Blue house book)

The house ID number is top left hand corner of the first page.

5 hours ago, treetops said:

Not without a copy of the book.

You'll also need a copy of their ID card.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, treetops said:

Is it a condo or a house or an apartment?

Not every person has a blue book, they would have had to apply for one specifically, and if they are registered at another location they would be listed in that blue or yellow book.

Without a blue book you may need the chanote, and their Thai ID. Seen some Thais getting chanote copied at the copy shop, but they generally seem protective of these for fear of "issues".

You could consider filing by mail, but you should consider drafting some sort of lease document as this seems like a requirement for many Immigration activities.

6 minutes ago, Tom89 said:

I just realized I lost the receipt for my TM 30. Does anyone have any experience getting the receipt replaced?

I probably wouldn't fret this too much. Was the filing done recently? By you? In person? By mail? Online?

Chances are your Imm. record reflects a valid TM30 on file - anyone reported via the online system does not have a receipt.

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I probably wouldn't fret this too much. Was the filing done recently? By you? In person? By mail? Online?

Chances are your Imm. record reflects a valid TM30 on file - anyone reported via the online system does not have a receipt.

It was done online by the owner of my building about 1 month ago. The owner printed the receipt out for me and told me to keep it in my passport.

2 minutes ago, Tom89 said:

The owner printed the receipt out for me and told me to keep it in my passport.

Maybe they could print another copy?

2 minutes ago, Tom89 said:

It was done online

They should be able to do an FNSEARCH query on the online system, it's a menu pick over on the left side, using the approx date range, then do a screen capture and print. Suspect that's what they did before as no receipt is generated using the online system. Have them review pages 26-27 of the online admin guide.

3 minutes ago, Tom89 said:

It was done online by the owner of my building about 1 month ago. The owner printed the receipt out for me and told me to keep it in my passport.

The owner should be able to log back in and reprint the same as was printed before. The online system, same as hotels, you dont usually get or require a receipt as the TM30 is in the system.

Just now, Griffo63 said:

I submitted online on 30 May, it's on the system but still 'waiting approval''. Does anyone know how long this typically takes?

Seen reports of 2 hours,  2 days, 2 weeks; in my case May 4 apply, June 6 approved, only then after prompting some Imm officials.

2 minutes ago, Griffo63 said:

I submitted online on 30 May, it's on the system but still 'waiting approval''. Does anyone know how long this typically takes?

It sounds like you have applied to use the system, not submitted an online report. After approval you will get a username and password, then you can do an online TM30. The approval can take a couple of days through to a couple of weeks.

Edited by Peterw42

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

Maybe they could print another copy?

They should be able to do an FNSEARCH query on the online system, it's a menu pick over on the left side, using the approx date range, then do a screen capture and print. Suspect that's what they did before as no receipt is generated using the online system. Have them review pages 26-27 of the online admin guide.

I need to run to immigration today anyway to get a residence certificate, so my initial thought was to ask immigration for a replacement. I didn't realize that a receipt isn't generated online. In that case do I really need one?

4 minutes ago, Tom89 said:

I need to run to immigration today anyway to get a residence certificate, so my initial thought was to ask immigration for a replacement. I didn't realize that a receipt isn't generated online. In that case do I really need one?

Not sure what Immigration can supply? Personally I'd try to get something from your owner BEFORE trekking to Imm, just to be safe.

They'll look at your record, hopefully see the valid TM30 checked, then you can proceed to get the residency cert.

Edited by mtls2005

On 6/9/2019 at 9:34 AM, Tanoshi said:

Use registered mail. enclose stamped envelope.

with an EMS return envelope you will get the receipt back quicker.

The general immigration pages state that you can send by registered mail.

eg http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=alienstay

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Not sure what Immigration can supply? Personally I'd try to get something from your owner BEFORE trekking to Imm, just to be safe.

They'll look at your record, hopefully see the valid TM30 checked, then you can proceed to get the residency cert.

Thanks for the info MTLS2005 and Peterw42. I had been under the impression that I was required to keep the receipt/screen capture or whatever it was in my passport.

On 6/9/2019 at 9:10 AM, Tanoshi said:

It is not only one's house owning partner than can register.

You can also register as the 'possessor' or 'occupant'. [...]

So which way are people leaning with these two options?

I live in 'our' house, with my Thai wife. We have her blue book and my yellow (I thought that meant I've already registered with 'officiadom', but T.I.T). I'm struggling to see the pros and cons of my wife registering me, or doing it myself.

Any advice?

Also, there's a section at the end of the screen for documents - So we have to attach copies of what... blue book, yellow book, her ID, my passport (detail page, arrival stamp, TM6)... is that about it?

Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, RickBlaine said:

Any advice?

I'd have the wife register - that is to say, I'd register using her name/details.

4 minutes ago, RickBlaine said:

Also, there's a section at the end of the screen for documents - So we have to attach copies of what

We submitted two documents: Thai ID, Thai owner's blue book. Note the 1 MB file size limit.

Edited by mtls2005

13 minutes ago, villerupt said:

Hi,

I'm owner of my appartment in a condo (bkk).

Do I have to do tm30 myself or ask juristic?

thx

I would ask and see if they are current filing TM30's for owners, and if not, would they start.

If no-no, then it's up2u.