Bhumjaithai rejects Palang Pracharat’s demand for return of Transport Ministry

rooster59

Bhumjaithai rejects Palang Pracharat’s demand for return of Transport Ministry

anutin.jpg

(Photo) Anutin’s Facebook page

Bhumjaithai party leader Anutin Charnvirakul maintains that his party will not relinquish the ministerial portfolios for transport, public health or tourism and sports to the Palang Pracharat party.

In a Facebook post on Saturday night, he wrote “Ministries are meant for people to get to work, not for being traded. Period.”

In the next post, he wrote:  “Transport, Public Health and Tourism are not changeable.”

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bhumjaithai-rejects-palang-pracharats-demand-for-return-of-transport-ministry/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-06-09

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This 'weak and unstable' coalition that they have put together may fall apart faster than anyone anticipated.

The smaller parties just joined to get their snouts in the trough.  Either PPRP will have to give away a big chunk of their power, or they will have to give up the illusion of democracy and rule through the Senate.

"Stoner Party Stonewalls Stone-Faced Stone-Age Party"

I will continue to watch with great schadenfreude as this coalition of the  traitorous, short-sighted, greedy, idiotic, power-hungry, and morally-deficient shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly....due precisely to the qualities just mentioned.

Som nam na, b*tches.  This is just the beginning of your problems.

15 minutes ago, ramr said:

"Stoner Party Stonewalls Stone-Faced Stone-Age Party"

I will continue to watch with great schadenfreude as this coalition of the  traitorous, short-sighted, greedy, idiotic, power-hungry, and morally-deficient shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly....due precisely to the qualities just mentioned.

Som nam na, b*tches.  This is just the beginning of your problems.

Ha ha. Why don't you tell us what you really think?

58 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Bhumjaithai party leader Anutin Charnvirakul maintains that his party will not relinquish the ministerial portfolios for transport, public health or tourism and sports to the Palang Pracharat party.

Looks like he hasn't had his 'attitude adjustment' stay and ongoing medicine yet.

54 minutes ago, SABloke said:

And the wheels come off before the train's even left the station.

Yes, isn't it wonderful?!

It's a delight to see crooks and criminals falling out and turning on one another.

There will be a lot more of this in the coming months - and then the whole pathetic, precariously stacked house of cards will come crashing down.

This year is going to be a lively one. 

Let us hope that true democrats (Thanathorn & Co.) can keep the flame of liberty and democracy a burning presence (something to aspire to) throughout the land.

But he cannot do it alone. He needs mass support from the Thai people.

14 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Ha ha. Why don't you tell us what you really think?

I'll send you a postcard from attitude adjustment camp.  I hear they have horseback riding and arts and crafts!

24 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

These are the most lucrative ministries and the ones given to Newin to stab Thaksin in the back back in 2008.

Their true nature is being exposed; a bunch of duplicitous, lying, conniving, thieving snakes.

And their bad points are?????

5 minutes ago, ramr said:

Ok, let me stop you right there.  Do you include Pheu Thai in your definition of "& Co."  ??

Pheua Thai are far from exemplars of virtue and full, untarnished democracy.

But compared to military d   (a word we still cannot utter), they are infinitely to be preferred - and can be booted out by the people (if the people so choose).

THAT is what counts!

7 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Pheua Thai are far from exemplars of virtue and full, untarnished democracy.

But compared to military d   (a word we still cannot utter), they are infinitely to be preferred - and can be booted out by the people (if the people so choose).

THAT is what counts!

Good point, though I foresee a dirtier democracy in the future--and more remnants of the good ol' boy networks in government--unless FF can peel votes away from PT in the coming years.

They're not the obvious danger at this point, but the more subtle, insidious one.

5 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Coup no.2X at preliminary consideration stage, at this stage.

Followed by the usual 'See? Democracy doesn't work in Thailand' flumadiddle from our resident fascists...

7 minutes ago, ramr said:

Good point, though I foresee a dirtier democracy in the future--and more remnants of the good ol' boy networks in government--unless FF can peel votes away from PT in the coming years.

They're not the obvious danger at this point, but the more subtle, insidious one.

I take your point, Ramr - but compared to what the Thai people (and us)  have suffered and endured over the past 5 years, a Pheua Thai-dominated parliament (if that were to happen) is like welcome water to a parched man in the desert!

1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

These are the most lucrative ministries and the ones given to Newin to stab Thaksin in the back back in 2008.

Their true nature is being exposed; a bunch of duplicitous, lying, conniving, thieving snakes.

Father Fin - I think being given the Ministry of Tourism... the holly grail of all Ministries imo when you consider a) the % GDP that it provides and the b) the amount of leverage it gives you c) the opportunity for overseas travel for friends and family...I do not blame BJT for not giving it back. Palang Pracharat - you made your bed now lay in it. 

Of more interest I would imagine will be the response of Palang Pracharat, which will be watched with interest by the Dems, If PPPR go in too hard BJT might just up sticks, and with it the coalition. Too soft and the Dems know they just have to dig their heels in and the Agriculture Ministry is theirs. 

I just wonder how big the envelope will need to be to satisfy all parties...I am think a box might have to be used, or a container lorry? 

39 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I take your point, Ramr - but compared to what the Thai people (and us)  have suffered and endured over the past 5 years, a Pheua Thai-dominated parliament (if that were to happen) is like welcome water to a parched man in the desert!

Let's look for balance rather the rush to the other aspect of undesirable possibilities.

1 hour ago, ramr said:

Ok, let me stop you right there.  Do you include Pheu Thai in your definition of "& Co."  ??

How about you stop yourself and then ask yourself a few simple questions regarding Pheu Thai

Have they ever not respected the results of an election?

(they've even accepted the clearly stolen results of the last election)

Have they ever re-written a constitution to make it less democratic?

Have they ever boycotted an election?

Have they ever supported making the Senate appointed instead of elected?

Whilst in power, have they ever disbanded an opposition party?

Have they ever been found to have cheated in an election by independent international observers?

Have they ever banned independent international observers from observing elections?

Have they ever altered the seat calculation process AFTER and election?

Without democracy, Pheu Thai are nothing, so yes they are democratic.

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

And that's being polite and fair minded.... 

This is going to get real interesting real fast when ole fat head takes the helm when the new government officially comes out into the arena next week. Ole fat head said he will do the telling, so goes to think he will tell whom who will have what. Bhumjaithai, Dems and Mitr are all going to feel their rear ends hurt from a small object being inserted by the PM. 

Archived