UK PM candidate Raab says suspending parliament remains a Brexit option

rooster59

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Says a bloke who's avatar suggests Noddy Holder ????

(TBH her accent sounds more 'Corrie' than 'Brookside' lol)

Nice kipper tie Noddy.

Ta very much. Milk and 2 sugars please.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

For challenging the suggestion that Parliament should be suspended?!

Away with this idle and mindless stroll into tyranny.

No.

For his constant attempts to thwart Brexit at every turn. Making up the rules as he goes along and ignoring the advice of the official guardians of the rules of procedure. For ignoring precedent. The speaker should be impartial and he clearly is not. He should be removed with immediate effect.

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

It seems I wasn't alone in noticing McVey

(Reminder re CONTENT rather than Poster, which in this case includes the presenter of the clip) :

Mods: Happy for this to be moved if there's a better place for it.

Just been watching Esther McVey on GMB, and I am very impressed with her straightforward answers, she’s obviously a politician of conviction, so unlike some politicians on all sides of the arguments, who tend to play with words, in order to try and cover their true position. 

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

As if the UK credibility crash isn't bad enough we would have Esther McVey walking into top level international meetings with THAT accent - no chance !

The bill for interpreters would go through the roof !!

Whilst we have some remainers who critises the likes of ReeceMogg because of his upper class accent, we now have you criticizing Ester McVey because of That ( working class Scouse ) accent. Now why would that be? Could it be that they both speak on behalf of the British people.

Perhaps you prefer politicians to speak with forked tongues.

809903BD-015A-417D-8468-41B630735B25.jpeg

1 minute ago, nontabury said:

Whilst we have some remainers who critises the likes of ReeceMogg because of his upper class accent, we now have you criticizing Ester McVey because of That ( working class Scouse ) accent. Now why would that be? Could it be that they both speak on behalf of the British people.

Perhaps you prefer politicians to speak with forked tongues.

When you say they 'speak on behalf of the British people' you are of course referring to Brexiteers, who are by no stretch 'The British People'.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

When you say they 'speak on behalf of the British people' you are of course referring to Brexiteers, who are by no stretch 'The British People'.

My apologies, I should have said they speak on behalf of the Majority of the British people, as shown and proven in a Democratic vote.

DEDF8E90-1108-466A-B555-3DDDAEF4EF4D.jpeg

18 minutes ago, nontabury said:

My apologies, I should have said they speak on behalf of the Majority of the British people, as shown and proven in a Democratic vote.

No need to apologise your not the only one that gets it wrong. The term "democratic vote" is quite meaningless, it is like saying that fish that live in the water are wet. Voting can have various arrangements and democratic is not one of them.

The referendum was ill conceived and fundamentally flawed, cases of illegal activity have also been proven. The problem is that parliament got it wrong and human nature being what it is are reluctant to admit the fact. The passage of time has compounded the situation and there is no easy way out.

In 1972 the country was in a bad way and a state of emergency was called twice through people not getting what they wanted. The country has gone full circle and now back in a similar position. Whichever way it goes parliament has been the architect of the situation and will have to face the consequences. Stand by for austerity phase 2.

9 January – The National Union of Mineworkers held a strike ballot in which 58.8% voted in favour. Coal miners begin a strike which lasts for seven weeks, including picketing of Saltley coke depot in Birmingham.
9 February – A State of emergency was declared as a result of the miners' strike.
23 June – The Chancellor of the Exchequer Anthony Barber announced a decision to float the Pound.
28 July – A strike by thousands of dockers led to the government announcing a state of emergency on 4 August.
6 November – The government introduced price and pay freezes to counter inflation

Wonder if this is a reborn Raab not the one that was Brexit negotiator then resigned after failing to negotiate anything and now wants to negotiate as PM to negotiate what with what? if not suspend parliament and crash out what a plan  ???? 

53 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Wonder if this is a reborn Raab not the one that was Brexit negotiator then resigned after failing to negotiate anything and now wants to negotiate as PM to negotiate what with what? if not suspend parliament and crash out what a plan  ???? 

Come on, you know full well he was’t allowed to negotiate our exit from the E.u. That was the responsibility of T.Mays side kick. Another renowned remainers called Ollie Robbins.

It just amazes me how you remainers try to twist the facts.

6032DB0D-0F9C-404D-9038-4A50F5243BF7.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Thairealist said:

Come on, you know full well he was’t allowed to negotiate our exit from the E.u. That was the responsibility of T.Mays side kick. Another renowned remainers called Ollie Robbins.

It just amazes me how you remainers try to twist the facts.

It’s always somebody else’s fault.

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

I have read and re-read an analysis of all the candidates positions. Much as I disagree with Esther Mcvey's politics only she and Rory Stewart are actually honest about the situation that we are in according to what I have read. The EU have said they will not re-open the negotiations - countless times. Their people have cleared the office and gone home. What is it about the word NO that ambitious Tories don't understand. 

Why do all the other candidates say they will re-open the negotiations? With who, with themselves? There are only a few possible reasons they are saying this:-

1) They are clinically insane and can't understand the word NO.

2) They believe that if they play hard ball with the EU then the EU will come running back to the table - totally deluded.

3) They know they are lying, but believe that the members of the Tory Party (Many in their dotage) either don't understand the situation, or don't care. 

So 8 out of 10 candidates for the highest office in the land are happy to knowingly peddle blatant falsehoods - which everyone can see are false -  to those they hope will elect them. Do politicians often tell lies - well of course they do, all the same when you get 8 out of 10 denying the blindingly obvious, that's a special performance. 

What have we come to? Jesus wept.

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 20.05.02.png

23 hours ago, Benroon said:

As if the UK credibility crash isn't bad enough we would have Esther McVey walking into top level international meetings with THAT accent - no chance !

I can understand her. and I am a Southerner from Poole in Dorset.

It may be that joining the RAF as a boy helped a lot as we were multi regional from England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, and multinational with boys from South Africa, Rhodesia, Kenya, Pakistan, Australia, NZ and several more countries.

We were a polyglot lot in those days, and we all worked together without any racism that I ever saw.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

I can understand her. and I am a Southerner from Poole in Dorset.

It may be that joining the RAF as a boy helped a lot as we were multi regional from England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, and multinational with boys from South Africa, Rhodesia, Kenya, Pakistan, Australia, NZ and several more countries.

We were a polyglot lot in those days, and we all worked together without any racism that I ever saw.

I was in the last entry of Aircraft Apprentices to go through Halton and there were so many foreigners in our entry they referred to us as the Black & White Minstrel show, but as you say we all got along and I became close friends with many and have seen some regularly over the last 50 odd years.

Will see quite a few from far flung places next year at the final Halton reunion, another victim of government cuts.

12 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

So 8 out of 10 candidates for the highest office in the land are happy to knowingly peddle blatant falsehoods - which everyone can see are false -  to those they hope will elect them. Do politicians often tell lies - well of course they do, all the same when you get 8 out of 10 denying the blindingly obvious, that's a special performance. 

What have we come to? Jesus wept.

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 20.05.02.png

Nothing new, the lies and distortion just keeps on flowing. Reality is the pound in your pocket and brexit is nothing more than an ever increasing hole.

I have just come back from a month in the UK. It is only a year since the last time I went and couldn't believe the increase in the numbers sleeping on the streets, the general neglect and rising prices. Thank god for Wetherspoons.

The no-dealer politicians are so well off they won't be feeling the pinch.

On 6/9/2019 at 10:59 AM, transam said:

Don't you think that as the gov of the day gave the UK populous the vote on leave or remain in EU that the voting populous thought/trusted/believed the gov of the day had plans for which ever way it went.....?   ????

Sadly you have got to an old age where not trusting politicians should be the default option. If you believed that then no doubt you will believe anything. 

On 6/10/2019 at 1:00 PM, Benroon said:

This needs repeating as one remain poster's view.....

He seriously objects to her accent ????????!

17 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Nothing new, the lies and distortion just keeps on flowing. Reality is the pound in your pocket and brexit is nothing more than an ever increasing hole.

I have just come back from a month in the UK. It is only a year since the last time I went and couldn't believe the increase in the numbers sleeping on the streets, the general neglect and rising prices. Thank god for Wetherspoons.

The no-dealer politicians are so well off they won't be feeling the pinch.

shhh it's a faith-based religion now - Moses brought down an 11th Commandment when he went up to the mountain "Thou shalt Brexit, by all means, necessary and the God will shower upon the Britons all the glories of heaven'". 

6 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

shhh it's a faith-based religion now - Moses brought down an 11th Commandment when he went up to the mountain "Thou shalt Brexit, by all means, necessary and the God will shower upon the Britons all the glories of heaven'". 

Actually he did that long before we'd heard of the EU.

Archived