Riches to Rags: Swiss man lost everything except his smile after meeting Thai woman

Riches to Rags: Swiss man lost everything except his smile after meeting Thai woman

61931951_1238913989609048_5424832801981595648_o.jpg

TMN News in Pattaya reported on the case of a wealthy Swiss businessman who sold up and came to Pattaya.

There he met the love of his life on his first night.

He gave her everything.

Now he has nothing and lives off handouts of food.

A reporter from the TV show caught up with Tony Niko who was sweeping up at a temple in Jomtien.

He used to earn at least 300,000 baht a month in Switzerland running a building extension firm. The company employed 50 people.

Then he decided to come to Thailand. He was the happiest man alive on day one when he met the love of his life called Leuchakorn.

The couple met in Walking Street, South Pattaya.

61991744_1238925166274597_519172077622657024_o.jpg

Image: Tony and his wife in happier times

They were together for seven years. He bought her a house, a car, a plot of land in Rayong. She even ran a laundry business that Tony, 56, financed.

Not to worry. Tony had brought a nest egg of 10 million baht to Thailand. It was bound to last.

It was all so perfect that Tony popped the question. Would she marry him?

But she was distraught and cried unexpectedly. Then she said she could not marry him and said she was going to work "up country".

She sold up the house and land (that was apparently all in her name) and disappeared.

Tony doesn't know where his love went.

Now all his money is gone and he has nothing left but his smile.

He hopes that he will be reunited with her one day.

But he does not know when that might be.

In the meantime....now dressed in rags.....Tony is still smiling.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-06

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hilarious again, "wealthy" with 300000 a month in Switzerland? And 10 million Bahts in savings ?!

But, on the bright side, he looks in much better shape now.

And if I was him I'd be careful, now that money has run out, the jealous husband might take revenge.

4 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Hilarious again, "wealthy" with 300000 a month in Switzerland? And 10 million Bahts in savings ?!

....yes, but when minimum wage is around 8-9k Baht a month in Thailand, more than 30 times earnings.

Wealth & poverty is relative.

30 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Reunited for what Bro' she's shown nowt but greed for you're dosh and contempt for you personally thus far .. and things won't be any different if you were to hook up again .. Its just the way some of 'em are .. Money Money Money .. 

Lots of guys approach & perceive a relationship/marriage in Thailand in the same way as they do in their home countries, I think this is part of the problem.

I was talking to an old retired guy in a pub in Worcester where I now live, some months ago, he was moving out to live in Thailand the next day. He has/had the same girlfriend for 7 years in Thailand, she had convinced him that it's not possible for a farang to own any property in Thailand, condo included.

45 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

But he does not know when that might be.

Are you stupid or did you loose your brain too 

she had clearly not love you for one second you was just her ATM machine 

The music and format of the news report is the same that they use when making charitable appeals for families suffering severe hardship. Yes, I'm sure some viewers were sadly shaking their heads at his misfortune, but I can't help but thinking that the vast majority were guffawing at his naiveté, secretly admiring her cleverness, eager for more details on how she was able to pull it off.

Swiss Tony....."Making coffee - Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak. And then you put in the milk.

This story is certainly a good example of "the long game" if that's what really happened.

Many questions and thoughts.

Can't help but wonder what visa he's on. Without money, he won't be staying in Thailand long.

Amazing that in 7 years together that he never visited or learned of what village she is from in the North East. Maybe they spent all their time in bed (7 years?).

It looks like the time has come for Tony to return to his home country and using his big head for a change, rebuild his fortune. At 56, he still has time to do it.

This story is definitely not good for the image of Pattaya.

Some of the details in this story simply don't add up. What happened to his 10 million baht nest egg? If he gave that away he deserves what he gets, someone from Switzerland should surely be more sensible when it comes to financial matters?

How many people work their balls off day in and day out just to fly to a city packed with hookers and give their life savings to the first person they meet? 

At least Switzerland has euthanasia clinics, hope he saved enough for that.

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I'm wondering.....is Tony a member on this forum? Hands up if you're that Swiss man Tony in the new article. Interested to know if he's a member here.

You think he has a smartphone or pc? he can't even afford a shirt

Meh. Another fool and his money parted. Can't even blame the girl as he literally gave it to her.

I used to think getting married was the biggest financial mistake a man can make. Apparently not - investing in a bar girl is.

Reminds me of a friend who used to have a bar girl "girlfriend" who he was paying a "salary" to so she stays away from the bar. He would visit her for a few months then a few months back home. I told him my opinion and experience: they are all the same, there is no happy ending, she will cheat on him, and it's all about the money. Of course he swore up and down that his is different, and of course she wasn't different - he had to swallow that when he found out she was working while he was overseas.

5 hours ago, LongTang said:

This story with its good times and its bad times IS The Image Of Pattaya.

I am quite aware of that. I'm "street wise". I've read ThaiVisa for years (apparently Tony didn't).

I was taking a poke at TAT and their image nonsense.

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

She sold up the house and land (that was apparently all in her name) and disappeared.

I don't think she sold it. She may have borrowed money and ran away his real thai bf who she supoorts for his drug addiction and for a strange reason think he loves her

8 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Lots of guys approach & perceive a relationship/marriage in Thailand in the same way as they do in their home countries, I think this is part of the problem.

Who in their home country falls in love with a sex worker and give her 10 million unless he is a billionaire? If they do, she would treat him the same way. It is nothing strange unusual anywhere in the world. 

Archived