Why Jomtien is the best place to live/retire in Thailand. 

beautifulthailand99

19 hours ago, champers said:

I wonder if a McDs opened, how long would it be before KFC, BK, Pizza Hut et al followed? Be careful what you wish for. I would not like Jomtien to be a copy of Pattaya. I want it to keep a seperate and distinct identity.

It is not a copy of anything.  Obviously these are successful companies.  There are plenty of space opportunities to open these stores in Jomtien.  But it is clear they do not feel a store in Jomtien is a viable or profitable investment.

Why is that?

Same with no mall....

Go to a movie

Go bowling

A decent clothes shop

Great food courts

Better restaurant s

Much better lady hookup opportunities. ????

Yes McD's occasionally

KFC

Starbucks

Go on and on.  The Jomtieners will say how much they hate these places. Truthfully, it is sour grapes as they need to come over the hill for a better big picture life variance.

There are really no activities or things to do in Jomtien.

And, like I said these major companies know something about the true demographics so they stay away.

All true....

Most I know that have bought in Jomtien because "it is cheaper" are not happy.

They want out 

I know I would....

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

It is not a copy of anything.  Obviously these are successful companies.  There are plenty of space opportunities to open these stores in Jomtien.  But it is clear they do not feel a store in Jomtien is a viable or profitable investment.

Why is that?

Same with no mall....

Go to a movie

Go bowling

A decent clothes shop

Great food courts

Better restaurant s

Yes McD's occasionally

KFC

Starbucks

Go on and on.  The Jomtieners will say how much they hate these places. Truthfully, it is sour grapes as they need to come over the hill for a better big picture life variance.

And, like I said these major companies know something about the true demographics so they stay away.

All true....

They want out 

I know I would....

I am unsure about whether I would want to live in Jomtien, but I do like to visit occasionally. I enjoy the contrast with Pattaya.

On 6/10/2019 at 5:02 PM, Jingthing said:

By one bedroom I assume you mean one room studios. One bedrooms are plenty big for one or two people.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I wouldn’t call 37-40 sq meters PLENTY BIG.......but it can be ample.

My wife and I lived in one of my 37 sq/M one bedroom, not Studio at Park Lane.

You have to be a good “stacker”.

You need a real fridge to live long term, not that small under counter one that comes with condo and turns to a block of ice.

Sooo you have Fridge, Microwave on top of fridge and Toaster Oven stacked on top of Microwave.

If you are going to have 2 people long term in 37 sq/M ya better really like that other person.

Now in 180 sq/M House..........mmmmm that’s living~!!!

You need a real fridge to live long term, not that small under counter one that comes with condo and turns to a block of ice.

Sooo you have Fridge, Microwave on top of fridge and Toaster Oven stacked on top of Microwave.

If you are going to have 2 people long term in 37 sq/M ya better really like that other person.

You misread my post. A one bedroom apartment means actually TWO rooms. A bedroom and also a living room / kitchen. I never suggested 37 Sq meters is enough space for two people. But double that is.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Go to a movie

Go bowling

A decent clothes shop

Great food courts

Better restaurant s

Yes McD's occasionally

KFC

Starbucks

They want out 

I know I would....

Go to a movie,                 just stream it on line.

Go bowling                      Have in Jomtien, but you don't know that,  like most.

A decent clothes shop      I can get a wife beater and cargo pants,  no problem.

Great food courts             Do people go to these places, sod that. parking nightmare.

Better restaurant s           No, just more choice.

Much better lady hookup opportunities. ????,   please get the internet, its the 21 century

Yes McD's occasionally       Puke. but ok for kids. they like this stuff.

KFC                                  Puke. but ok for kids. they like this stuff.

Starbucks                          Full up with, low grade ex-pats, and over ratted

They want out 

I know I would.,     yes right on man.  :cheesy:

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Why is that?

Same with no mall....

Go to a movie

Go bowling

A decent clothes shop

Great food courts

Better restaurant s

Yes McD's occasionally

KFC

Starbucks

All true....

They want out 

I know I would....

There speaks a true Pattayite - I would settle for a Chester's. It may be a small hill but there is a great gulf between our two tribes. No doubt if it came to civil war the Darksiders would join our troops! Without Jomtien then I wouldn't have bought anywhere in Thailand. 

Drink way less when I stay in Jomtien as opposed to Pattaya. Have toyed with selling in BKK and buying the same 80sqm with a jomtien sea view for a fraction of the cost and no I don't rent, master of my own domain and all and doubt a thai landlord would appreciate the strippers pole.

Jomtien also has the best gentlemen's clubs another plus

3 minutes ago, madmen said:

Drink way less when I stay in Jomtien as opposed to Pattaya. Have toyed with selling in BKK and buying the same 80sqm with a jomtien sea view for a fraction of the cost and no I don't rent, master of my own domain and all and doubt a thai landlord would appreciate the strippers pole.

Jomtien also has the best gentlemen's clubs another plus

Do it you won't regret it for all the reasons I mentioned in the OP. Bkk does my head in with the noise, crowds, heat and oppressive atmosphere. Plus whatever else anybody says - fresh air a real tonic for old lungs. Oh yes the clubs which I haven't been to are legendary apparently. A better class of girl and clientele I believe. 

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Do it you won't regret it for all the reasons I mentioned in the OP. Bkk does my head in with the noise, crowds, heat and oppressive atmosphere. Plus whatever else anybody says - fresh air a real tonic for old lungs. Oh yes the clubs which I haven't been to are legendary apparently. A better class of girl and clientele I believe. 

A lot of the girls go there before they hit the go gos and The clubs cap the price so you know what your paying up front usually no more than 1500 baht, great value as these girls charge way more in the go gos

1 minute ago, madmen said:

A lot of the girls go there before they hit the go gos and The clubs cap the price so you know what your paying up front usually no more than 1500 baht, great value as these girls charge way more in the go gos

I'll take your word for it. They probably like the more relaxed civilised atmosphere that gentleman clubs seem to offer. Plus you never know they may bag a well off sugar daddy looking for a gf. 

On 6/9/2019 at 7:00 PM, guzzi850m2 said:

Nice to read a positive post for a change and I agree with much of what you say.

We live in the Naklua area and we are quite happy there.

The singer Kim Larsen has sadly passed away, he liked his beer and smokes and he would rather die that give them up but having a good life instead albeit a bit shorter.

Would be interested to know where you live the rest of the year?

he/she live in PATTAYA !!!

I wish OP could have chosen another artist than Sputnik to represent my country but I guess anything goes after a few drinks.

Next to play at Lindas could be Jahn Teigen, 0 points in Eurovision but as I said, anything goes after a few drinks...

459996.jpeg

16 hours ago, Captain 776 said:

I suggest 60Sq M or larger to have room to stretch out, have a dining table, king size bed... small desk.

Try to include a good size patio in your search.  My patio is 10+ Sq Meters, and I cannot imagine living without it......

7 hours ago, balo said:

I wish OP could have chosen another artist than Sputnik to represent my country but I guess anything goes after a few drinks.

Next to play at Lindas could be Jahn Teigen, 0 points in Eurovision but as I said, anything goes after a few drinks...

459996.jpeg

They have to be retired and staying over in Jomtien to be in the running. We have to take what you have and is in the country. I can't see the Rolling Stone's playing anytime soon I'm afraid. Jahn Teigen would be an amazing night, and anyway the UK is the new null pointer. Like a say Jomtiem's motto should be a bit rubbish and a bit brilliant. 

Lived there...owned several condos...left there...happier elsewhere...

You may change your tune once the luster wears off...

In my opinion...Pattaya is the anal sphincter of Thailand...Jomtien is guilty by association...[emoji848]

The Thai Don’t call it crazy town for nothing !

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

I suggest 60Sq M or larger to have room to stretch out, have a dining table, king size bed... small desk.

Try to include a good size patio in your search.  My patio is 10+ Sq Meters, and I cannot imagine living without it......

10 sqm counts in the overall sqm count so yeah want to make sure you use it. Im in BKK and specifically didnt want a balcony but with a sea view its a no brainer

My favorite gueat house in Jomtien, and before the new rules and one month rent I liked the big balcony rooms at The Moonshine. Great place to live for some few weeks. 

You get big rooms, nice view and just some few steps you are on the baht bus. No need to live in stinky Pattaya [emoji6]  

well, Pattaya have an terribel smell, and how can people live up there? 

601310BA-8B2C-4B1F-8E51-A32139788652.thumb.jpeg.3455bfd17073d329af46243e5a770796.jpeg
3FE7378B-8B47-4362-99A5-94EEEC22BDC9.thumb.jpeg.ee99b0cbdb899e6a3121a972f0f14ecc.jpeg
826B9DD7-438E-4BC4-83AA-C248F3020203.thumb.jpeg.81d466f32833b5d535502b9c557dbce5.jpeg
69E3629C-B7FF-4CD3-8466-74897662F136.thumb.jpeg.ee58741312bb4d6eda119c07601ffc03.jpeg
F753C2A2-D55D-4549-98C2-6777A972D83D.thumb.jpeg.93b49c62cc918725d30d33d7ddf42edf.jpeg
07DEA696-B223-400D-831B-589E48B3F3DD.thumb.jpeg.c63b08146787d2e3443ae36e24bde6a9.jpeg
FC446D68-15AF-446D-A0F5-AC72AB3C06BA.thumb.jpeg.424b5922dd17b5ec57db3c40a97a9868.jpeg
C770A3B1-7539-48D8-86C8-4B0C58C6AFD9.thumb.jpeg.b91ec67390994d4d11dc7fc19b51d3ce.jpeg
9B05320E-2183-4F19-B2A0-80CA9053C9A1.thumb.jpeg.88f5bbfbc1d89b06243c062757bb18b6.jpeg

Throw socks on the floor like that hope you have a nice Lady to pick up after you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Date Masamune said:

Throw socks on the floor like that hope you have a nice Lady to pick up after you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just arrived after a longer ride on bike, and just stripped off to have sex. Do you have sex with socks on? Look closely, there is two pair laying there. Sometimes I pick up, and sometimes she pick up. Anything else Sir? 

No very good. I drop socks or undies on the floor on purpose, to check domestic skills.

I used to clean the whole condo, except the guest bathroom after sleepovers. “Your job is to clean your bathroom OK?”, proffering mop and bucket. Looking for weak scrubbing movements, lack of enthusiasm or any residual dirt.

Had a real nice one once, could not cook or clean. Turns out her Father of all people did ALL the housework. Totally useless outside the bedroom.

On 6/10/2019 at 7:21 AM, Destiny1990 said:

If the choice is Thailand then Jomtien is my number one.

What i still miss in Jomtien is a seaside shopping mall.

At some point there will be a condo developer thinking hey lets built a big fat mall here with a condominium on top of it.

IconSiam announced plans to develop a huge luxury shoppingmall  annex hotel in NaJomtien with investment of I billion baht...

On 6/10/2019 at 6:58 PM, bkk6060 said:

Well, they already have one with a luxury hotel on top.  It's called Terminal 21.

But it is a short ( one hour on Friday evening s) baht bus ride to your desired malls all of which are in Pattaya.

They will never ever build a mall in Jomtien.

Sorry.

Maybe even a McDonald's in Jomtien would be joyful for many.  Let's try starting with that. ????

You might have missed the news that IconSiam, a Bangkok developer is planning to spend 1 billion baht to build a luxury shopping mall/hotel complex in NaJomtien... 

On 6/10/2019 at 11:15 AM, KittenKong said:

I see nothing wrong with the 20th/30th floor. In fact I see nothing wrong with the 50th floor. The higher you go the cleaner the air is and less noise there is.

Wait until there's power cut, and you have to walk all the way up.  555

lived in Bangkok for 4 years, condo 17,000 baht a month, got the same here in JOMTIEN, but with a sea view, no 140 baht a beer, water 105 baht, electric, 600, 100 yard walk to the beach, whats not to like, i agree with all that you printed,  and the princely sum of 9000 baht. a month

5 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Wait until there's power cut, and you have to walk all the way up.  555

My condo (not even high-end) has a generator for such circumstances. We rarely get power cuts of more than a minute or two where I am in Jomtien anyway.

Archived