BANGKOK
Scutty

Buying internet for phone 1 month ?

Jesus 100 baht.

I just paid 700b for the same package with AIS (4mb 30 days).

Does AIS have any promos like this?

I can only apologise to the OP for the Trolls and misinformation on his thread. 

AIS SIM valid for two years?? When did that begin?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KittenKong said:

The only minor inconvenience that I have found (so far) with CAT is that their shops are very few and far between. The other brands such as True, DTAC, AIS etc seem to have shops every few yards and in every mall, but with CAT you are lucky to have even one in a city the size of Pattaya, and they only work very limited government department hours. So "popping in" may be a bit problematic.

They do apparently have a branch at BKK airport.

"Inconvenient", "problematic"?  A CAT office at the airport he's flying in to could hardly be more convenient!

8 hours ago, TheGhostWithin said:

Can someone who uses their services comment on the signal reception in Bangkok and Pattaya for CAT Telecom? I would very much appreciate and be grateful for your quick response.

I use it and have noticed no problems.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Scutty said:

As i dont plan on spending more than 150 bath a day , 10 b is not an insignificant amount . Anyway , I do not agree with wasting money or allowing myslef to get cheated by Thais . This just encourages them and pushes up prices for all farang including you .my guess is that you are a rich newby pensioner with very little understanding of Thai culture and probable less interest.

How exactly is buying a Thai SIM card being cheated?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pravda said:

Jesus 100 baht.

I just paid 700b for the same package with AIS (4mb 30 days).

Does AIS have any promos like this?

It's only a one-off promo for newly registered CAT SIM and you can only use the codes within the first 31 days. AIS used to have a similar promo, but since AIS doesn't offer unlimited capped data to newly registered SIM, they won't have a similar promo. 

6 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"Inconvenient", "problematic"?  A CAT office at the airport he's flying in to could hardly be more convenient!

Is there one in DMK?

Otherwise it depends on where he is heading for his hols. If Pattaya, there is one on Pattaya Tai.

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

How exactly is buying a Thai SIM card being cheated?  

He is referring to the Tourist SIM sold with bundles that only last for a few days. Why are so many having difficulty with this?

Clearly he tried at airport booths and they claimed that they did not have the basic 49 baht SIM in stock.

Just now, JamJar said:

He is referring to the Tourist SIM sold with bundles that only last for a few days. Why are so many having difficulty with this?

Clearly he tried at airport booths and they claimed that they did not have the basic 49 baht SIM in stock.

So he would not be being "cheated", then.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Not so convenient if you happen to be in Pattaya where there is only one shop as far as I know.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Is there one in DMK?

Otherwise it depends on where he is heading for his hols. If Pattaya, there is one on Pattaya Tai.

Don't know, I was commenting on something another poster said.

1 minute ago, KittenKong said:

Not so convenient if you happen to be in Pattaya where there is only one shop as far as I know.

Is he flying into Pattaya?

5 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Is there one in DMK?

Yes, there is one there as I pointed out. That compares very poorly with other providers who have shops in just about every mall and on every street.

Not an issue for me but possibly of interest to others, as are the very limited opening hours of the CAT offices.

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

Is he flying into Pattaya?

Maybe he is arriving at night. Maybe he would just like to get his SIM the next day. Do you know? I don't.

What I am saying is that CAT shops are very rare compared to those of other providers and that may be of interest to him. It doesnt bother me as I have a car and plenty of spare time.

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

So he would not be being "cheated", then.

Cheated by claiming they were no 49 baht Tourist SIM in stock in so that they can perhaps sell a Tourist SIM with 6 to 8 GB of data for 15 days for 599 baht doesn't sound like fair play. He still have to buy more data for the remaining two weeks.

• Haha 1