Nida and Suan Dusit polls give conflicting results on the government’s life span

webfact

Nida and Suan Dusit polls give conflicting results on the government’s life span

nida.jpg

A Dusit poll indicates that 73.65% those surveyed believe that a Palang Pracharat-led coalition government will last no more than a year, whereas 44.11% of respondents to a Nida Poll believe the government will survive its four-year term.

Suan Dusit University’s poll sought the opinions of 1,128 people between June 6thand 8th, while the National Institute of Development Administration’s (Nida) sampled 1,265 people on June 6th and 7th.

Nida showed 26.77% of the respondents are happy that the country can now move forward after parliament elected General Prayut Chan-o-cha as the next prime minister, against 24.75% who said they were disappointed as the country’s economy may remain at a standstill for a while.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/nida-and-suan-dusit-polls-give-conflicting-results-on-the-governments-life-span/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-06-10

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I think the government will last as long as the general has tanks and guns to back him.

There are two coalitions in effect: the parliamentary one, and one between two factions within the army and the establishment it serves. It remains to be seen which one fails first.

If the second one fractures, we will see the tanks and guns again...

Cha cha is a supersensitive primadonna.  If he comes under too much pressure, he could just walk out and had the reigns to somebody else.   It is sickening to think anyone would back such a person.  Thailand reminds me of green house.  Not much wisdom from outside gets in.  

2 hours ago, candide said:

The NIDA poll has obvious biased questions, which is not surprising. It is quite possible that not only the questions are biased.

I've always thought it shoud correctly be spelled Needapoll ????

Hand it over to someone else? No way! Will orchestrate another coup.

Cha cha is a supersensitive primadonna.  If he comes under too much pressure, he could just walk out and had the reigns to somebody else.   It is sickening to think anyone would back such a person.  Thailand reminds me of green house.  Not much wisdom from outside gets in.  

Archived