UK not paying Brexit bill would be debt default, French source says

webfact

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Just like some Brits are not happy with Carney ….:wink: almost all western people are not happy anymore with their own country currency  isn't it ? 

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My error then. I wouldn't have thought the petty cash rate would have bothered a zoneonester. 
Not petty cash. A somewhat larger figure. Also maybe for others, if the fx rate is favourable, transferring a few slugs possible. Sterling rate is key for expats having to convert.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I would have thought you, the financial oracle, would have converted all your sterling to your preferred stronger currency and would be short selling British shares. 
Did a lot of that some time ago ie currency. Prefer property to shares, but for others they can organise their own strategies what to do. Just not sit there saying take a hit for Brexit.

On 6/14/2019 at 12:54 PM, Benroon said:

lol - ok who needs business, who needs jobs, corporate taxation, stuff em 

Is this a wind up ?

May i humbly suggest , you add more ice, enjoy ..

On 6/18/2019 at 10:13 PM, Caledonia Boy said:

"corrupt club"

If you think Westminster is not corrupt then I wonder where you've been.

Aka , the establishment/ royalty .

Keep the working class down .

2 hours ago, david555 said:

Just like some Brits are not happy with Carney ….:wink: almost all western people are not happy anymore with their own country currency  isn't it ? 

Much different. You'd need to read the linked story to understand.

6 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Got it covered. Now that the threat of Hard No-deal Brexit driving sterling down, will buy some cheap GBP with HKD. Thanks for the sterling slide boys!

Attaboy, that's the true Hongky way of looking at things - "How can I make money from this?" That's what the speculators have been doing to the pound.

BTW, is this trading allowed by the Remainer code of ethics - or do you actually have to be losing your pension to be able to moan loudly about it? I doubt 17.4 M Leavers will be overly concerned, but it does place you in the same category as those Brexiteer toffs and fund managers making money, which Remainers love to pillory.

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

It's not 'Europeans' in general, it's a German conservative lawmaker. It's also not new. They have always been proponents of the German ordo-liberalism that put the Eurozone on the verge of deflation.

On 10 June 2019 at 7:24 AM, webfact said:

Boris Johnson, the leading candidate to succeed Theresa May as leader of Britain's Conservative party and therefore its next prime minister, said in a newspaper interview that he would withhold the previously agreed Brexit payment until the EU gave Britain better exit terms.

Nice one Boris...learning from the Donald. That will get their jockstraps tingling.

2 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Nice one Boris...learning from the Donald. That will get their jockstraps tingling.

you know that game ... Ping ….Pong...ping....pong and so it goes ...game on  :whistling:

48 minutes ago, candide said:

It's not 'Europeans' in general, it's a German conservative lawmaker. It's also not new. They have always been proponents of the German ordo-liberalism that put the Eurozone on the verge of deflation.

Hans Michelbach and

Jens Weidmann and

Otto Fricke, with his interesting comment.."Either the economic situation in the euro zone is so fragile and endangered that Draghi had to make these far-reaching statements in the short term... Or he has only his legacy in mind."

I see that Boris is at the second strep.. The second step of Donald Trump's modulus operandi.

!.  Flatter them.

2.  Bully them.

3.  Sue them.

Can the UK sue the EU?

8 hours ago, nauseus said:

Hans Michelbach and

Jens Weidmann and

Otto Fricke, with his interesting comment.."Either the economic situation in the euro zone is so fragile and endangered that Draghi had to make these far-reaching statements in the short term... Or he has only his legacy in mind."

So, three German proponents of ordo-liberalism. Nothing new again: Weidmann had already threatened to resign when Draghi promised to do "whatever it takes" to save the Euro in 2012.

1 hour ago, candide said:

So, three German proponents of ordo-liberalism. Nothing new again: Weidmann had already threatened to resign when Draghi promised to do "whatever it takes" to save the Euro in 2012.

Does that make them wrong?

14 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Did a lot of that some time ago ie currency. Prefer property to shares, but for others they can organise their own strategies what to do. Just not sit there saying take a hit for Brexit.

This is an interesting article for those who have tied them self to the Euro mast.

Currency war is the next phase of global conflict and Europe, the chief parasite, is defenceless 

The eurozone is chief global parasite. It has been sucking demand out of the global economy with current account surpluses of €300bn to €400bn. China is a saint by comparison. This ‘free rider’ behaviour is the result of the euro structure and the austerity bias of the Stability Pact and German ideology amplified through currency union.

https://flipboard.com/@TheTelegraph/currency-war-is-the-next-phase-of-global-conflict-and-europe-the-chief-parasite/f-0ba2b9738a/co.uk

5 minutes ago, aright said:

This is an interesting article for those who have tied them self to the Euro mast.

Currency war is the next phase of global conflict and Europe, the chief parasite, is defenceless 

The eurozone is chief global parasite. It has been sucking demand out of the global economy with current account surpluses of €300bn to €400bn. China is a saint by comparison. This ‘free rider’ behaviour is the result of the euro structure and the austerity bias of the Stability Pact and German ideology amplified through currency union.

https://flipboard.com/@TheTelegraph/currency-war-is-the-next-phase-of-global-conflict-and-europe-the-chief-parasite/f-0ba2b9738a/co.uk

Thorygraph ….. no comment :whistling:

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

Thorygraph ….. no comment :whistling:

And therein lies the problem....

We have ardent remain newspapers on one hand (Guardian and Independent spring to mind) and the Telegraph on the other...

In short, we cannot trust any media - as they all have their own agenda.  The best we can do is rely on personal experience/common sense - plus read a smattering of articles from those 'papers.

12 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I'm not sure why we are all still arguing about the topic, bearing in mind the eu has already admitted that it cannot enforce any payment - presumably because the demanded payment cannot be justified!

Maybe some brexiteers are anyway worried that U.K. go pay anyway ….. never heard the pay terms are 45 years …. not straight away ...oh no .....E.U. are  reasonable  until no good intensions are shown from counterpart(s)

Besides in case of no deal the 39 becomes 30  as 9 billions where counted for the transistion period , which is non existing in case of a no deal leaving …!

14 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I'm not sure why we are all still arguing about the topic, bearing in mind the eu has already admitted that it cannot enforce any payment - presumably because the demanded payment cannot be justified!

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Maybe some brexiteers are anyway worried that U.K. go pay anyway ….. never heard the pay terms are 45 years …. not straight away ...oh no .....E.U. are  reasonable  until no good intensions are shown from counterpart(s)

Yes!  A few of us are concerned that for some obscure reason (????) uk politicians will agree to pay a made-up figure of 39bn!

12 minutes ago, aright said:

For those who struggle with financial concepts and the language "no comment" is a comment.

o.k. I rephrase no further comment …… 

5 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Yes!  A few of us are concerned that for some obscure reason (????) uk politicians will agree to pay a made-up figure of 39bn!

And the good news I....

Besides in case of no deal the 39 becomes 30  as 9 billions where counted for the transition period , which is non existing in case of a no deal leaving …!

Just now, mejomini said:

Just tell the froggies "No" in a firm voice. They will fold. They always do (if history is any kind of guide). 555

I think this is a reversed Waterloo, as in tat time the Prussian cavalry from Blucher  came just in time to save your asses , now they are on our side ….

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

How is that good news?

A made-up figure that cannot be justified is slightly reduced if the uk actually leaves at the end of the latest extension?

never satisfied .... oh that's the problem ….o.K. never pay ….. bare the consequenses

51 minutes ago, david555 said:

Besides in case of no deal the 39 becomes 30  as 9 billions where counted for the transistion period , which is non existing in case of a no deal leaving …!

Transition period was 21 months so about 17 million.

Archived