UK not paying Brexit bill would be debt default, French source says

webfact

I’m afraid the EU doesn’t agree, so unless you wanna hide on your island behind all your stockpiled food and the lorries waiting at Dover, your threat will not work [emoji846] 

We don’t need EU agreement. Everyone that matters is prepared. You sound like the type who pokes fun at doomsday preppers, so why take the Remainers big truck stop seriously?
And what exactly do you think is our threat, and what will it not work?

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Loiner said:

We don’t need EU agreement. Everyone that matters is prepared. You sound like the type who pokes fun at doomsday preppers, so why take the Remainers big truck stop seriously?
And what exactly do you think is our threat, and what will it not work?

Please read my post again; I completely agree: If you don’t need any agreements with the EU, your threat (of not fulfilling financial obligations) could actually work. Go ahead! Everyone is prepared. 

On 6/20/2019 at 1:28 PM, david555 said:

never satisfied .... oh that's the problem ….o.K. never pay ….. bare the consequenses

As a Brexiteer I am quite happy for the UK to pay the bill.

Provided of course before being presented the said bill has been audited by external auditors (the Swiss for example) and is verified line by line and verified as correct including the UK's debts to the EU and the UK's assets within the EU.

The accounts must balance and I am sure that it will be considerably less than £39 Bn.

No audit, no £39 Bn.

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

No 39bn, no negotiation, no agreements. 

That is already so by not signing the withdraw agreement !…. no payment  makes it all a few steps further difficult neighboring ... total no corporation on many levels 

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

No 39bn, no negotiation, no agreements. 

Your reply ignores Bild's very pertinent points. The claim for 39 billion is based on unaudited and unverified accounts. Accounts which have been unaudited and unverified for many years, maybe never. Now as a fervent European Unionist you may be content for your taxes to be used in that way, as a British Taxpayer I am not. If my government proposes to hand over a very large sum of money to the EU, then I expect the EUs accounts to be audited and verified before they do so.

Seems .... as those 39 billion gone become peanuts ...USDollar ,GBP, Euro  all down ….gold up Thai baht gold now 20250 baht last week was 19300 baht  range ......something is cooooomiiiing, looks like we all go a dive 

2019-06-21_210548.png

7 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

If I’m not mistaken, no one accused the UK of not paying their bills; it is Brexiteers threatening to do so. 

If not paying your bills is a “negotiating position” for you then go ahead with it. I believe it wouldn’t be the first time that Brexiteers heavily overestimated their negotiation power and shot themselves in the foot. 

When Brexiteers threaten to refuse honoring financial obligations, then they are the ones showing themselves in bad light. 

Thanks for your approval, the lads will be ever so grateful they can go ahead with it and negotiate the way they think fit.

A few Brexiters threats regarding the honouring or disowning of a financial obligation is hardly important in negotiating terms, they are not sitting at the table, and nothing has been settled, although I'm sure their views would have been considered, but the refusal of nations to honour an agreement made in 2014 is quite another. Oh dear! We are back to the EU nations who went back on an agreement to fund NATO by at  least 2% of GDP.,

Do you get the connection now or are you still in the land of pot, kettle , black.

I have asked you if you are au fait with this position but then I remembered you don't answer questions do you?

55 minutes ago, JAG said:

Your reply ignores Bild's very pertinent points. The claim for 39 billion is based on unaudited and unverified accounts. Accounts which have been unaudited and unverified for many years, maybe never. Now as a fervent European Unionist you may be content for your taxes to be used in that way, as a British Taxpayer I am not. If my government proposes to hand over a very large sum of money to the EU, then I expect the EUs accounts to be audited and verified before they do so.

You can ask for whatever you want. Why would anyone give it to you though? 

On 6/20/2019 at 1:55 AM, wayned said:

Can the UK sue the EU?

Doubt it matey , UK is broke the silverware has been sold , long time ago.

I pay my utility bills , to a Malaysia Company .

Proud to be british ,  those were the days, long gone..

On 6/20/2019 at 3:58 PM, welovesundaysatspace said:

That would be an issue the NATO would have to solve with Germany, no? 

NO ,  Germany is our friend , what wall ..

2 hours ago, david555 said:

Seems .... as those 39 billion gone become peanuts ...USDollar ,GBP, Euro  all down ….gold up Thai baht gold now 20250 baht last week was 19300 baht  range ......something is cooooomiiiing, looks like we all go a dive 

2019-06-21_210548.png

Fed held rates.

14 hours ago, aright said:

Thanks for your approval, the lads will be ever so grateful they can go ahead with it and negotiate the way they think fit.

A few Brexiters threats regarding the honouring or disowning of a financial obligation is hardly important in negotiating terms, they are not sitting at the table, and nothing has been settled, although I'm sure their views would have been considered, but the refusal of nations to honour an agreement made in 2014 is quite another. Oh dear! We are back to the EU nations who went back on an agreement to fund NATO by at  least 2% of GDP.,

Do you get the connection now or are you still in the land of pot, kettle , black.

I have asked you if you are au fait with this position but then I remembered you don't answer questions do you?

You can draw connections wherever you want to. But who would give a damn about it? 

23 hours ago, Loiner said:

There are no 'obligations' from a club we are leaving. Your 39Bn or more is the equivalent of the Italian tourist spot ice cream scams. Total rip off at an inflated price.

23 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I’m afraid the EU doesn’t agree, so unless you wanna hide on your island behind all your stockpiled food and the lorries waiting at Dover, your threat will not work ???? 

19 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Please read my post again; I completely agree: If you don’t need any agreements with the EU, your threat (of not fulfilling financial obligations) could actually work. Go ahead! Everyone is prepared. 

Read it again but it did not make any sense and you haven't made any yet. (Never in any of your posts, but that's another topic.)

We are Leaving and not legally obligated to pay anything to the EU. You present an over inflated 'divorce bill' for some vaguely identified things you are not entitled to, in exchange for an unagreed 'WAG'. What is our threat and what do you think we are threatening it in exchange for? "If we don't pay you 39Bn, we won't.....(insert something)".

Nobody is hiding on our island and we don't need to stockpile anything. It is obvious that Johnny Foreigner is susceptible to the Remainer propaganda. Everybody is ready - even the boss of Calais port. Last week you pooh poohed the idea of wine & cheese imports being stopped.
Please explain clearly what you are trying to imply.

12 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

“...discuss any other matters with you.”

You really could have known. The EU made it clear.

Of course, it won’t come to that. There won’t be a no-deal Brexit. Only a delusional Brexiteer would still have hope.  

"If we don't pay you 39Bn, we won't.... discuss any other matters with you." Well that doesn't sound right does it?

You say "There won’t be a no-deal Brexit." but your EU says "No more negotiations." Come on, which of you is telling porkies?

The UK has said no to your WAG, but it has also said yes to Withdrawal and legislated for that, without any mention of a deal. So that really does concur one of your previous post #684: No 39bn, no negotiation, no agreements. And we're out!

49 minutes ago, Loiner said:

The UK has said no to your WAG, but it has also said yes to Withdrawal and legislated for that, without any mention of a deal. So that really does concur one of your previous post #684: No 39bn, no negotiation, no agreements. And we're out!

I'm hoping the EU pushes it to a war or edge of war. 

IMHO the UK should start conscripting everyone on benefits as an indication of intent.

Maybe start negotiations with Russia for a 'mutual military support' situation.

Start thinking about leaving NATO as well.

19 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You can ask for whatever you want. Why would anyone give it to you though? 

Well perhaps because the failure/inability to produce audited or verified accounts completely undermines the EUs credibility as a properly run accountable quasi government, and what is more, that same failure/inability rather strengthens the argument that the UK should not part with any more of its taxpayers cash.

2 minutes ago, JAG said:

Well perhaps because the failure/inability to produce audited or verified accounts completely undermines the EUs credibility as a properly run accountable quasi government, and what is more, that same failure/inability rather strengthens the argument that the UK should not part with any more of its taxpayers cash.

Accounts and the EU, I recall the EU messed up regarding Greece joining the EU..

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

“...discuss any other matters with you.”

You really could have known. The EU made it clear.

Of course, it won’t come to that. There won’t be a no-deal Brexit. Only a delusional Brexiteer would still have hope.  

What are you going to do? Send Michael Glos (Frau Merkel's deputy) over in a light aircraft a la Rudolf Hess to talk some sense into us?

On 6/21/2019 at 2:46 PM, welovesundaysatspace said:

I’m afraid the EU doesn’t agree, so unless you wanna hide on your island behind all your stockpiled food and the lorries waiting at Dover, your threat will not work ???? 

Were quite used to that scenario - leaving aside the last unpleasantness when a "united European order" threatened our Island (1940s) - free movement of imports has regularly been disrupted every time the French fishermen , farmers and anyone else who fancies it gets a monk on. We will survive. I'm sure that it will be inconvenient, possibly more expensive and difficult, but if the likes of you decide on a Monty Python Frenchmen in a castle impression, then we'll just have to cope. And we will.

One thing is for sure, if we are blockaded (we won't be) the Irish will certainly find out how good their "European Partners" are.

IMHO the UK should start conscripting everyone on benefits as an indication of intent.

Start thinking about leaving NATO as well.

Two great ideas. The first one could lead to bit of a population reduction, as all those adult males run off back to their own countries.

One thing is for sure, if we are blockaded (we won't be) the Irish will certainly find out how good their "European Partners" are.

555 just imagine all those trucks and their products stuck between the UK ports and Ireland.
It’s about time they paid for their pounding on the UK roads too.

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

Two great ideas. The first one could lead to bit of a population reduction, as all those adult males run off back to their own countries.

And from Europe you get back all those U.K. pensioners who have to run back to U.K.  …. can form a new  "Dad's Army"  from it 

:cheesy:

Screen-Shot-2018-12-06-at-15.42.33-ab49fe6.png

Remainers, this must surely be fake news isn't it or is it a Telegraph plot?

The demise of Deutschland AG: why Germany's once untouchable giants are gripped in scandal and crisis

In the home of schadenfreude, misery loves companies. Germany’s once seemingly untouchable national champions – from VW and Deutsche Bank to Bayer and Wirecard – have been gripped by scandal and crisis. Business rivals are asking each other how much worse it can get for Deutschland AG.

https://flipboard.com/@TheTelegraph/the-demise-of-deutschland-ag-why-germany-s-once-untouchable-giants-are-gripped-/a-JP3kVB4kSIaT9TnIRtwqpw%3Aa%3A3199678-2c87edfdbb/co.uk

Archived