UK not paying Brexit bill would be debt default, French source says

webfact

And from Europe you get back all those U.K. pensioners who have to run back to U.K.  …. can form a new  "Dad's Army"  from it 

No, they will stay there. Too old to be drafted and too important paying into the Spanish economy to be allowed to leave.
Would you like to take all the benefit junkies who sponge off the UK social security? You can have them, with pleasure. Some may even be European.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Loiner said:

No, they will stay there. Too old to be drafted and too important paying into the Spanish economy to be allowed to leave.
Would you like to take all the benefit junkies who sponge off the UK social security? You can have them, with pleasure. Some may even be European.

In such case they can not be allowed to stay …. so if U.K. don't take them back they must be detained.... just like Thailand does with unwanted overstayers …. remember the USA detaining all citizens from Japanese descendant after Pearl Harbor...:wink:

9 hours ago, david555 said:

In such case they can not be allowed to stay …. so if U.K. don't take them back they must be detained.... just like Thailand does with unwanted overstayers …. remember the USA detaining all citizens from Japanese descendant after Pearl Harbor...:wink:

Do you think their pensions would be continue being collected while in a Spanish jail? It's the money they want, just like Thailand.

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Do you think their pensions would be continue being collected while in a Spanish jail? It's the money they want, just like Thailand.

People jailed stop receiving money , (at least from a certain jail term …) as a jailed person is at the expenses of the jailing government .

BTW

I am just replying from the beginning from a poster who alluded that U.K. has Ttrident and can reach Germany or France ….., which made me reply France has also a 300 nuclear warheads ,and I was NOT saying to where they could be targeted ..., the conscript example made further  is same as a mobilisation , which alludes to a possible war ….and making johny foreigner males run of U.K. ...., that was reason for my opposite remark to reject all U.K. pensioners out of Europe ….,but this becomes nasty joking !

As I never started it ,and indeed  finally in such a ping pong situation it is always on both sides simple people becomes the victim , this 39 billion debt discussion shall not lead to a war, unless a very nasty economic financial war ...

Posting U.K. has Trident who can reach Germany  and France is not a nice posting 

14 hours ago, david555 said:

If that were to be the case - well, talk about the EU showing it's true colours...

Although I must say that such talk is rather more a case of EU Xenophobes (perhaps defined as one who is a true believer in the idea of a federal Europe, governed by bureaucrats rather than elected politicians) showing their true colours. However if they are the face of the future in the EU ( and it does rather seem likely) then perhaps already sound reasons for leaving are reinforced!

Archived