UK not paying Brexit bill would be debt default, French source says

webfact

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:
18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Which is why Farage hid and slipped out the backdoor when The Brexit Party failed to win.

16 minutes ago, david555 said:

Was a quote from reporter from The guardian , you think I keep all from where I take , this I kept ...

if I find it again I sure will deliver it , but can not search now , to much fun here for the moment :wink:

Nigel milkshowered.jpg

Which is why Farage hid and slipped out the backdoor when The Brexit Party failed to win.

The Guardian also said 

"Peterborough was a more delectable prize for Nigel Farage than any of the European parliament seats his Brexit party won last month."

Doesn't really sit well with what either of you said does it?

11 minutes ago, aright said:

The Guardian also said 

"Peterborough was a more delectable prize for Nigel Farage than any of the European parliament seats his Brexit party won last month."

That's why he probably was quit after the narrow losses as it was expected / hoped / wished ..to win in a Brexiteers area …..brexiteers failed him.... shame on them ...:wink: a kind of Anti Climax ...

This comes closest to what I quoted , but not same post but story around same ,including his stay at fine exclusive restaurant eating carvery and claret wine ..etc.:tongue:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/indepth/farage-s-silence-is-significant-after-by-election-bid-fails/ar-AACwsA3?ocid=ob-fb-engb-1511253547831

3 minutes ago, aright said:

The Guardian also said 

Regardless of how ‘delectable’ Farage thought it was, Peterborough was ‘a prize’ the Farage cult party failed to win.

For Farage and the Brexit Party, the delectable was unelectable.

I’m a poet and I didn’t know it.

2 hours ago, puipuitom said:

And YOU think, Boris the Liar, with 65 mln consumers behind him, can make better deals as the EU with 525 mln consumers behind ? 

As THAT was, is and stays the reason why I mentioned all these links.

Well, he would certainly get them done quicker than the EU does.

2 hours ago, puipuitom said:

of course... all what si different as in the minds of a Brexiteer is fake news. Even the library of the House of Commons… all fake news.. 

No...  just your fake poster.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yup, the US is just itching for ‘a quick deal’.

If they can get it signed and delivered before the electorate read the small print, we’ll that would be just swell.

A pity that was not done by more people before Heath signed the Treaty of Rome.

3 hours ago, david555 said:

That's why he probably was quit after the narrow losses as it was expected / hoped / wished ..to win in a Brexiteers area …..brexiteers failed him.... shame on them ...:wink: a kind of Anti Climax ...

This comes closest to what I quoted , but not same post but story around same ,including his stay at fine exclusive restaurant eating carvery and claret wine ..etc.:tongue:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/indepth/farage-s-silence-is-significant-after-by-election-bid-fails/ar-AACwsA3?ocid=ob-fb-engb-1511253547831

Amazing! I give you a Huff and Guardian link saying how well Nigel did in Peterboro and can provide similar Telegraph and Times links if you want and you give me an MSN link to MSN news, a Microsoft portal, based in the USA.

When did you last see MSN news reported as an authorative  source of info in Europe.

Is this the best you can do to support your argument?

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

No...  just your fake poster.

Came from a fake organisation, a British governmental…. , https://www.statisticsauthority.gov.uk/news/uk-statistics-authority-statement-on-the-use-of-official-statistics-on-contributions-to-the-european-union/

Never believe a Brit, even when lying so much… even a court does not spend time to it... 

11 minutes ago, aright said:

Amazing! I give you a Huff and Guardian link saying how well Nigel did in Peterboro and can provide similar Telegraph and Times links if you want and you give me an MSN link to MSN news, a Microsoft portal, based in the USA.

When did you last see MSN news reported as an authorative  source of info in Europe.

Is this the best you can do to support your argument?

I just Googled that's why , plenty there same story :coffee1: , the leader was disappointed , left side door dodging reporters ….,could read the whole page , would know then .

They also brought the story...

and further I don't gone let me wind up by a "mosquito chasing disappointed Brexiteer"….you 'l have to do with it...:mfr_closed1:

3 hours ago, aright said:

The Guardian also said 

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Regardless of how ‘delectable’ Farage thought it was, Peterborough was ‘a prize’ the Farage cult party failed to win.

For Farage and the Brexit Party, the delectable was unelectable.

I’m a poet and I didn’t know it.

You need to get your reading skills up to speed. Nigel didn't say "Peterborough was a more delectable prize" the Guardian did.....a newspaper of your political persuasion, by all accounts.

15 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

We did not rescue them after all then, along with the Yanks?

If you are referring to WW2, wow you must be approaching 100 years old, not bad for a keyboard warrior.

But your info is biased, Europe wouldn't have won over Nazi Germany without the USSR.

4 hours ago, david555 said:

I did not say it was Nigel 's quote , a quote from a newspaper , fact is he lost in a Brexiteers fortress …. is that not enough for him to worry about …..said from the side line ….. O.K. now ?

Let's take a proper look at the Peterborough result. 

This is a closely fought seat in GE's. In the 2017 GE Labour beat the Tories by just 607 votes. 

In this by-election Labour won by 683 votes, just about holding off a party that was formed less than 2 months ago. And this was after Labour campaigned for months, and did an almost obscene amount of canvassing in the week leading up to the election with Corbyn himself joining forces with the Labour candidate in Peterborough. 

All things considered it's a pretty startling result for the Brexit Party despite not actually winning. 

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

This is a closely fought seat in GE's. In the 2017 GE Labour beat the Tories by just 607 votes. 

In this by-election Labour won by 683 votes, just about holding off a party that was formed less than 2 months ago. And this was after Labour campaigned for months, and did an almost obscene amount of canvassing in the week leading up to the election with Corbyn himself joining forces with the Labour candidate in Peterborough. 

All things considered it's a pretty startling result for the Brexit Party despite not actually winning. 

This not happening victory  seems really to disturb the "Nigel boy's " here ….:tongue:

4 minutes ago, david555 said:
8 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

This not happening victory  seems really to disturb the "Nigel boy's " here ….:tongue:

Which part of my comment shows disturbance? I'm saying it was impressive. Perhaps your grasp of English isn't so good. 

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Which part of my comment shows disturbance? I'm saying it was impressive. Perhaps your grasp of English isn't so good. 

Not much need  grasp of English to see that ...

What they really need is a Proper Negotiating Team. With MAY she was still all for staying in the EU and the deal reflected that. They need a team that will pull a hard brexit if need be and start negotiating free trade deals with the russians and chinese. Nothing the EU fear more then the british striking up a free trade deal with those 2!!!

51 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Specially impressive since both the Conservative and Brexit Party did not use the anti semitic card. I believe that card will be shown if and when we have a GE.

Since Peterboro I see 2 complaints of anti Semitism have been filed agaist Lisa Forbes

Apparently she said Theresa May had a Zionist Slave Masters Agenda. In another comment she said she had "enjoyed reading" a thread claiming Islamic extremism was created by the CIA and Mossad. You have to hand it to the Labor Party they both pick and endorse quality candidates.

9 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

You speak as if negotiations with EU will restart from zero because UK will have a new PM... They will not!

Most things (if nor all) concerning the "divorce" have already be negotiated and agreed by UK & EU; they will not be negotiated again.

What may be negotiated is the Irelands' problem - the "backstop" - if ever someone propose a better solution... that has still to be found ????

Well it would seem a technical solution to that problem,has already been made. Amazingly by the E.u. According to a report by the D.E. Brussels corespondent. And this after previously stating that it was impossible.

Backstop breakthrough: Brussels set to use Brexiteers’ plan for Irish border solution

EU chiefs are dreaming up plans for a technological fix to keep trade flowing between Ireland and the continent via Britain in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

6 hours ago, david555 said:

Was a quote from reporter from The guardian , you think I keep all from where I take , this I kept ...

if I find it again I sure will deliver it , but can not search now , to much fun here for the moment :wink:

Nigel milkshowered.jpg

You post this and think it’s O.K.  Well it may be in your country, but this is not how we do things in the U.K. Another of the cultural differences beyween the U.K and the E.u.

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

You post this and think it’s O.K.  Well it may be in your country, but this is not how we do things in the U.K. Another of the cultural differences beyween the U.K and the E.u.

Why the fuzz ,as from a standup comedian (a role I really find him funny in ..) he became apparently a respected politician now, not the first one who became greeted with tomatoes, egg , confetti , tarts or similar ….

BTW  did somebody not put egg on Jeremy Corbyn …? that was done also in U.K. (just comparing the "maybe in your country " ,Oh , that was maybe allowed as coming from the other " good" side :wink:

When seeing this ,..  I remember his E.U. speech /rant " you ain't laughing anymore now " seems he isn't laughing now anymore at that milk moment , but agreed should not be done …..also not to Corbyn ..:whistling:

5 hours ago, aright said:

You need to get your reading skills up to speed. Nigel didn't say "Peterborough was a more delectable prize" the Guardian did.....a newspaper of your political persuasion, by all accounts.

Well look at what you just tried to get away with:

9 hours ago, aright said:

The Guardian also said 

You post a quote from a news article and then object to me responding to the quotation you posted.

Away with you and your bait and switch nonsense.

5 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

At the time of the referendum Perterbprough returned in excess of 53,000 votes for Leave.

Last week Farage again hoes back to Peterborough asking for support to his single issue (and just so there is no confusion) Brexit Party.

They came second with just over 9800 votes.

With a chance to vote in favour of a single issue that Brexiteers tell us is becoming even more popular 43000 Leave supporters in Peterborough went AWOL.

When I read threads like this I always have the same question in my mind. As someone who retired in Thailand what possible benefits does BREXIT bring to me?

Indeed I see the only benefits to anyone who has actually left the UK, are wholly by staying in the EU.

The UK has decided to deny me the right to vote, charge me for the NHS, financially prevent me from returning or house ownership because of the tax liabilities on my pension, as well as not have a clear view of what life would be like for me post BREXIT.

The EU on the other hand allows me free movement in locations around the med (sun and warmth), MUCH reduced tax burdens, esp countries like Portugal, France and Italy, access to quality healthcare at an acceptable cost, good legal protections, and reduced cost of living in some countries.

As a UK expat currently living Thailand I just cannot see what benefits BREXIT could have for me??? Its a sincere question.

Archived