BANGKOK 19 June 2019 14:36
colinneil

Scams everywhere these days

They can do something like that In the Philippines.  If a cute lady asks to borrow your phone, she used to be able to quickly transfer some of your prepaid credit to  her or another phone, just a few keystrokes.

• Like 1

From November until March my phone used absolutely no credit at all internet calls just stayed the same but alas in April someone woke up 🤔

So the internet charge is on your sim but the usage on another one.

I am not that technical savvy, but wonder if that is possible.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

They really must be desperate and devoid of any morals,

to scam an invalid ,could they get any lower,there are

people like this every where in the World,Colin you were

just unfortunate to come across one,if karma is real they

have pay back coming to them.

regards Worgeordie

Thats one way to think of it.

The other is to feel a bit sorry that these people are bought up in this kind of system that they must resort to such low practices.

In my own country i could not even be bothered to, and it is not even worth my energy to scam someone of $3..

because....err...its only $3!!!

But some places have no usable form of welfare, and the rich do not want to help the poor at all..really not even to give them some crumbs! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The agents at AIS and DTAC shops can do all sorts of wonderful things on your phone or rather the SIM card that's in it, all of them legal and most with your agreement. I wanted to try out DTAC data service and when I signed up, I told them I didn't want to get the SIM expiration prompts and need to 'top-up' that AIS gives you when your usage drops off. The sales guy said no problem and back-filled the new SIM with a 'history' of several pre-payments that made it look like I had been a heavy user for the previous 6 months. All this on a new SIM and only the initial 500 baht preload to get my first 30-day unlimited internet package going.

Pretty sad that a staff member would steal from seriously invalided customer. In lieu of having any ill-wishes towards that employee that AIS could possibly identify by their need for each employees to logged in to make third-party account transactions, let's just say I hope that karma prevails.

Yes, all of that on one SIM. But paying on one SIM for usage on another? I really had no idea that was possible. Like the idea, would keep a tab on the kids.