Scams everywhere these days

colinneil

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well for rob muirs information, several Thai visa members have been here, some quite a few times.

3 OF THEM HAVE BEEN VERY GOOD FRIENDS OF MINE FOR MORE THAN 13 YEARS, any member who has read some of my posts will know their user names, 1 Thai visa member visits me every wednesday, many on here know his user name, another member Possum has visited me twice, in fact just a few weeks ago

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Well for rob muirs information, several Thai visa members have been here, some quite a few times.

3 OF THEM HAVE BEEN VERY GOOD FRIENDS OF MINE FOR MORE THAN 13 YEARS, any member who has read some of my posts will know their user names, 1 Thai visa member visits me every wednesday, many on here know his user name, another member Possum has visited me twice, in fact just a few weeks ago

But they couldn't top up your phone credit?

14 minutes ago, colinneil said:

And I'm still waiting for my bloody invite.

Tight Northern B**t*rd - mind you, I am a southern shandy.

:cheesy:

49 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I look forward to hearing from them.

i hope you have a change of luck soon.

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

1.  Never use an ATM outside of a bank. 

OMG, I can't believe how lucky I (and millions of other people) have been - using ATM's in and out of banks

for forty years in seven countries and have never had a problem.

What are the odds!  Nearly 100% actually. 

11 hours ago, stevenl said:

So the internet charge is on your sim but the usage on another one.

I am not that technical savvy, but wonder if that is possible.

I wonder how someone can top up my sim but use the credit on another phone number.? 

5 hours ago, Henryford said:

I have stopped putting credit on my phone so no one can steal it. Only use it with wi-fi.

same here yet AIS still manage to charge 10 THB sometimes.

is it not that if the phone cannot find your wifi

it automatically goes to your call provider?

If you are with AiS (and probably the others) you can send credit to other numbers, possibly that's what's going on here.

Also, the MyAiS site now works very well with detailed usage, package changes etc etc.

Thank you Crossy, Monkey robot for your posts, now i am more aware of what can happen.

In future nobody will be given my phone, or my wife will top it up.

Going to the service providers shop, never for 1 moment thought about being scammed.

The woman had the paper with my number on, never gave it back, so when she wanted she clearly just took it out and bingo, she had access to the internet.

1 hour ago, faraday said:

Is that like a cunninglinguist? :cheesy:

Had to very careful with the predictive text there.....

It does say something about you that you knew you had to be careful.

Not moralizing, just observing.

10 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Thank you Crossy, Monkey robot for your posts, now i am more aware of what can happen.

In future nobody will be given my phone, or my wife will top it up.

Going to the service providers shop, never for 1 moment thought about being scammed.

The woman had the paper with my number on, never gave it back, so when she wanted she clearly just took it out and bingo, she had access to the internet.

Out of interest now, was your service provider made aware that the shop had apparently credited your payment to a different number, and if so did they say anything about it?

Did they suggest a date for the public execution of the errant staff?

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

Out of interest now, was your service provider made aware that the shop had apparently credited your payment to a different number, and if so did they say anything about it?

The service provider told my wife that they were aware of what happened to me, and would investigate the shop/ staff member, and they asked for a detailed description of the lady involved, given her description was easy, there are 3 female staff members, 2 short ones, and 1 tall one, she is the tall one.

9 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Thailand is very forgiving. An apology and a wai fixes a lot of things. Although there seems to be a double standard, as farangs don't get cut the same amount of slack.

I suppose it balances out, as we don't give a rat's posterior about loss of face.

8 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The service provider told my wife that they were aware of what happened to me, and would investigate the shop/ staff member, and they asked for a detailed description of the lady involved, given her description was easy, there are 3 female staff members, 2 short ones, and 1 tall one, she is the tall one.

Are you sure it was a lady, Colin?

1 minute ago, colinneil said:
5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Are you sure it was a lady, Colin?

Good point mate, no i am not sure.

Surely, on your boy racer scooter you're at the right height to get a bird's eye view of any extras in nookie department?

Archived