BANGKOK 21 July 2019 00:56
colinneil

Scams everywhere these days

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Good point mate, no i am not sure.

I find it quite difficult to pick ladyboys, unless they are blatant. My Thai GF is unerring, can pick them from 50 metres away.

Just now, bluesofa said:

Surely, on your boy racer scooter you're at the right height to get a bird's eye view of any extras in nookie department?

Correct, but as nothing works in that department anymore, i wasnt looking.🕵️‍♀️

10 hours ago, Letseng said:

I wonder how someone can top up my sim but use the credit on another phone number.? 

its quite easy, you can "share credit with the friend"

just enter a prefix code, the friends number and the amount.

My ex gf could do in about 4 seconds flat

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Correct, but as nothing works in that department anymore, i wasnt looking.🕵️‍♀️

No harm in window shopping.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I experienced a brilliant scam here. My wife needed her wedding ring expanded as it had become too tight (like many of my clothes 😁), and we left it with a shop in Central, Bang Na. Weeks or months later we were in a place with UV lighting and noticed that some of the stones in the ring were a different colour. We discovered that many of the diamonds had been replaced with glass while the ring was being serviced. Normally, how would you ever know? And how could you prove it? 

Like when you take your PC for a repair. Unless you are careful your memory and/or processor can be replaced with something smaller/less powerful.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

It only takes a minute to transfer the balance.  Not difficult.  I have 4 sims and do it all the time.  

Which is not what has been done here.

2 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

its quite easy, you can "share credit with the friend"

just enter a prefix code, the friends number and the amount.

My ex gf could do in about 4 seconds flat

Since Colin's SIM was debited after internet use, it looks like something different happened here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

Like when you take your PC for a repair. Unless you are careful your memory and/or processor can be replaced with something smaller/less powerful.

Something I only ever considered when my wife had an Asus laptop - left it in the Asus centre, but my own PC I take and watch any work done that I don't want to do myself.

I got caught only once - oil change on a CBR400 cost me 800 baht about ten years ago, but they also replaced the genuine alternator on the quiet with some hand wound job that saw me stranded within 2 days...

Similarly with my phone - after 3 years the battery performance could use a boost... it's worth standing for half an hour waiting while they replace the battery rather than be lazy and leave it with them to pick up later.

16 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I experienced a brilliant scam here. My wife needed her wedding ring expanded as it had become too tight (like many of my clothes 😁), and we left it with a shop in Central, Bang Na. Weeks or months later we were in a place with UV lighting and noticed that some of the stones in the ring were a different colour. We discovered that many of the diamonds had been replaced with glass while the ring was being serviced. Normally, how would you ever know? And how could you prove it?

Happened to me in America.  Best have the ring appraised at a jeweler and keep the appraisal in a safe place.  

Is there a lesson to be learned here?  I'd say it's use the new tech to protect your valuables and it's worth some time spent learning to do so.  

why i just do not believe this stupid story ?

• Sad 1

I use to use AIS top up over the internet. But since my BKK bank card changed from Visa to Mastercard , it won't accept my card.

Top up with the Bangkok Bank App. No need need to use your MasterCard.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You should go back next Saturday and ask for more top up from the same woman, if she is there, as if nothing has happened. Might be interesting to check if A== have really done owt!

Rooster

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Free and will prevent that from ever happening.

I don't have a windows or android device but I took a look at your link.

I wonder how it can "prevent that from ever happening" when it appears to be an after the fact software.