Video: Mud covered motorcycle emerges from the Pattaya depths - 3 teens seriously hurt

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Where i live they like the stick with a plastic bag to mark out such hazards.

On red roads it's often with nothing ; here it's between the road and a bridge ...at about 500 meters from my house ..

If you don't know about it and are on a motorbike , you fall down .

P1070526_KSR.thumb.JPG.40ca688cefcd546f7143b6ab7c51f4c3.JPG

If the barriers were originally set up as seen in the video it looks like an invitation to a motorcycle driver!

If the coating on the bike is any indication of how sticky the contents of the hole is I hope the guy up to his waist in it  got some appropriate compensation for the need for a very personal scrub down!

6 hours ago, johng said:

Yet again no one takes responsibility, no one held responsible, no one seems to care !!!

It was obvious that the hole had been dug by foreigners and a bike and Buffaloe Head was also retrieved with a sticker for Lookme on it “;0)

7 hours ago, johng said:

Yet again no one takes responsibility, no one held responsible, no one seems to care !!!

Yep,...(the two meter deep, three meter long trench was not lit up and just had a barrier. 

It has been the cause of many accidents yet nothing is done to prevent them, they said.)...Everybody Knew and nothing was done,..lives where waisted and it is Nobody's fault again....!?

7 hours ago, johng said:

Ive been saying this for years...NOBODY CARES!!  It's Thailand, the nature of the beast.  They do not care, I do not care!  Just issue a Wai, all is gone.

8 hours ago, johng said:

In my neck of the woods they've tried illuminating roadworks at night... locals steal the lights and/or batteries!!!

They've reverted to the old method... take your chances !

8 hours ago, johng said:

Including the parents. What the **** are two 14-year-olds and a 16-year-old doing out at 2am? People in Thailand seem to have kids purely as an insurance policy to cash in when they are old and the kids feel obliged to care for them. The parents often dump their kids to be raised by grandparents, who are of course quite elderly themselves and need looking after, rather than have to look after someone else's kids.

1 hour ago, mike787 said:

Ive been saying this for years...NOBODY CARES!!  It's Thailand, the nature of the beast.  They do not care, I do not care!  Just issue a Wai, all is gone.

I say this to my wife, repeatedly. Especially when we are out driving and see kids on bikes they are too young and weak to properly control. The parents don't care, the schools they drive to don't care, the police who watch them go by three and four to a bike with no helmet and for sure no insurance don't care. As far as they are concerned there is no problem as they are driving safely - until they get killed and the parents who are guilty of not caring are in tears and blame it all on bad luck.

Caring takes effort, and Thais are not very good at making an effort. Too hard.

8 hours ago, essox essox said:

very typical.....of this place....in FACT it is diabolical that roadworks are NOT highlighted....just HOW did they know that there was a deep trench there....they should sue who ever is responsible for a large ammount

It did have baracades maybe they tried going through them cause it might have taken an extra minute to go around. Still hope their ok

same same Cosy beach area. there are many unmarked holes and trenches, as they update the drainage in the area- been going on for many months now...ive seen two cars stuck in uncovered manholes-during daylight hours...

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Things like this can be seen all over Thailand. The road works on the end of Hwy 36 may also be contenders at  the moment. Smaller holes and edges on the roads are deadly and common. It isn't a problem here until someone dies or is badly injured.... oh and it gets into the News. 

So,  the perps may get their 5 minutes of game, but still no responsibility.  Just one of the many reasons I have decided not to spend my final twilight years here. The others include health care, politics and uncertainty of howong the welcome mat will remain out here for us. I get the feeling that the official position has decided to shift to more upmarket targets and we retirees,  married to Thais or not, are no longer the flavour of the month we used to be.

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Things like this can be seen all over Thailand. The road works on the end of Hwy 36 may also be contenders at  the moment. Smaller holes and edges on the roads are deadly and common. It isn't a problem here until someone dies or is badly injured.... oh and it gets into the News. 

don't kid yourself.....most deaths don't make the news

5 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

On red roads it's often with nothing ; here it's between the road and a bridge ...at about 500 meters from my house ..

If you don't know about it and are on a motorbike , you fall down .

P1070526_KSR.thumb.JPG.40ca688cefcd546f7143b6ab7c51f4c3.JPG

learn to ride a motorbike

36 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

So,  the perps may get their 5 minutes of game, but still no responsibility.  Just one of the many reasons I have decided not to spend my final twilight years here. The others include health care, politics and uncertainty of howong the welcome mat will remain out here for us. I get the feeling that the official position has decided to shift to more upmarket targets and we retirees,  married to Thais or not, are no longer the flavour of the month we used to be.

do you also promise to stop posting on this forum? after all there is little point in you doing so is there?

12 hours ago, sotsira said:

Three girls on a scooter, two 14yrs old and one 16yrs old

at 2am.

They probably just finished work at a gogo bar or karaoke place and were heading to their 3000 baht apartment which they share. If they would not work their family in the village would have to work and could not do nothing all day long.

1 hour ago, Pasuwan said:

Reading the typical comments. Look at your country not so perfect. If it's so bad here. Why live here? Nobody is keeping you here. I fed up moaning Farangs. ????????????????????????????????

If that's the case, you may be on the wrong forum.

20 hours ago, essox essox said:

does it matter in this case.....the authorities are at fault for NOT identifying a deep trench..

Sorry, it does matter, think about it if it was your kids?  2 am,  14-16 what do you think they were doing that late putting themselves in a position for something to happen and it did.

Yes agree the authorities are at fault, there are a number of these holes like this Pattaya Klang, 3 road,  all not identify,  when I going to the clubs at night and going home darkside late at night covered or not I know they are there the position of the barrier placed correctly No but I have enough sense to know they are there going at a safe speed which I don't think they were or even care at that age that late.

12 hours ago, emptypockets said:

probably not...….you have made a big enough fool of yourself already.

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

Sorry, it does matter, think about it if it was your kids?  2 am,  14-16 what do you think they were doing that late putting themselves in a position for something to happen and it did.

Yes agree the authorities are at fault, there are a number of these holes like this Pattaya Klang, 3 road,  all not identify,  when I going to the clubs at night and going home darkside late at night covered or not I know they are there the position of the barrier placed correctly No but I have enough sense to know they are there going at a safe speed which I don't think they were or even care at that age that late.

at their ages should not be out at that time of night.. SIMPLE AS THAT...

Archived