BANGKOK 17 June 2019 08:13
webfact

Video: Mud covered motorcycle emerges from the Pattaya depths - 3 teens seriously hurt

4 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Where i live they like the stick with a plastic bag to mark out such hazards.

Yep they do that in Pattaya as well

10393849_340728559462481_3956548440374967744_n.jpg.05b357554377ad3b5ad4206dfaa8f0e2.jpg

10931282_336454223223248_2818946619767060117_n.jpg.b02c03285e0d49ebecb683836f9140c3.jpg

2 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Where i live they like the stick with a plastic bag to mark out such hazards.

On red roads it's often with nothing ; here it's between the road and a bridge ...at about 500 meters from my house ..

If you don't know about it and are on a motorbike , you fall down .

P1070526_KSR.thumb.JPG.40ca688cefcd546f7143b6ab7c51f4c3.JPG

If the barriers were originally set up as seen in the video it looks like an invitation to a motorcycle driver!

If the coating on the bike is any indication of how sticky the contents of the hole is I hope the guy up to his waist in it  got some appropriate compensation for the need for a very personal scrub down!

Its going to take somebody to sue the local authorities for a lot of money before this horrific situation concerning lack of correct safety barriers/lights, etc, to be corrected.  Only money talks here!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, johng said:

Yet again no one takes responsibility, no one held responsible, no one seems to care !!!

It was obvious that the hole had been dug by foreigners and a bike and Buffaloe Head was also retrieved with a sticker for Lookme on it “;0)

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, johng said:

Yet again no one takes responsibility, no one held responsible, no one seems to care !!!

Yep,...(the two meter deep, three meter long trench was not lit up and just had a barrier. 

It has been the cause of many accidents yet nothing is done to prevent them, they said.)...Everybody Knew and nothing was done,..lives where waisted and it is Nobody's fault again....!?

Edited by off road pat

7 hours ago, johng said:

Ive been saying this for years...NOBODY CARES!!  It's Thailand, the nature of the beast.  They do not care, I do not care!  Just issue a Wai, all is gone.

• Like 1

2 meters deep!!!

The guy standing in there must be the tallest Thai in the land!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, johng said:

Including the parents. What the **** are two 14-year-olds and a 16-year-old doing out at 2am? People in Thailand seem to have kids purely as an insurance policy to cash in when they are old and the kids feel obliged to care for them. The parents often dump their kids to be raised by grandparents, who are of course quite elderly themselves and need looking after, rather than have to look after someone else's kids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike787 said:

Ive been saying this for years...NOBODY CARES!!  It's Thailand, the nature of the beast.  They do not care, I do not care!  Just issue a Wai, all is gone.

I say this to my wife, repeatedly. Especially when we are out driving and see kids on bikes they are too young and weak to properly control. The parents don't care, the schools they drive to don't care, the police who watch them go by three and four to a bike with no helmet and for sure no insurance don't care. As far as they are concerned there is no problem as they are driving safely - until they get killed and the parents who are guilty of not caring are in tears and blame it all on bad luck.

Caring takes effort, and Thais are not very good at making an effort. Too hard.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, essox essox said:

very typical.....of this place....in FACT it is diabolical that roadworks are NOT highlighted....just HOW did they know that there was a deep trench there....they should sue who ever is responsible for a large ammount

It did have baracades maybe they tried going through them cause it might have taken an extra minute to go around. Still hope their ok

I am surprised someone actually went in to recover the m/c.

• Like 1

same same Cosy beach area. there are many unmarked holes and trenches, as they update the drainage in the area- been going on for many months now...ive seen two cars stuck in uncovered manholes-during daylight hours...