"Foreigners" who stole antiques from Hat Yai restaurant turn out to be Thais

webfact

"Foreigners" who stole antiques from Hat Yai restaurant turn out to be Thais

hy.jpgCaption: Two thieves Caption: Two thieves arrested for stealing from Kai Tai Nam restaurant Hat Yai - Songkhla

Following reports from Southern Thailand last week that two foreigners were wanted for stealing antiques from a Thai restaurant we can report two arrests. 

They were Somchoke Buasri, 47, and 58 year old Surasak Somsri - both locals from Hat Yai. 

The owner of "Kai Tai Nam" in Hat Yai called "Lookmee" was convinced foreigners were to blame after an antique bicycle and a buffalo head were stolen on Monday and Wednesday of last week respectively. 

62242679_636470286836788_6647010667121344512_n.jpg

He said he was less worried about the loss of the items than nailing foreigners who come to Thailand to steal. The thieves were seen on CCTV.

HatyaiFocus reported the arrests by Pol Capt Phayoon Singkaew and his team. The bicycle and the buffalo head were both recovered along with a motorcycle used in the crime and the clothes worn by the thieves. 

Thaivisa notes that the reporters did not go back to owner Lookmee to see if he was dining on humble pie after his own countryfolk had stolen from him. 

Source: HatyaiFocus

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-10

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, webfact said:

he reporters did not go back to owner Lookmee to see if he was dining on humble pie after his own countryfolk had stolen from him.

555555555  ????    just another "misunderstanding"  honest govner I thunk it was them foreigners what did it.

Glad this story has a happy ending. LOL

Does show the intolerance so many Thais have towards foreigners though.

If something really nasty happens, it must have been a farang, cos Thai's wouldn't do that, right?

wonder if there will be an apology to foreigners or he will simply shut up due to loss of face, this shows how some thais look at all foreigners and how they think thais are perfect, thew reporters really need to make him face up to his false claims

I've come close several times to accusing a Thai of something, only to realize later that I would have been in the wrong. I think everybody's falsely accused or thought about falsely accusing someone. The embarassment when you discover you were wrong is lasting. I'm sure this guy has learned his lesson. No need to pile on the guy. Forgive and forget.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

than nailing foreigners who come to Thailand to steal

yeah  sure  right, no  honest  I believe  you......have  cancelled my 10 year  subscription for Hat Yai News,  reason "sensationalism"

Typical isn’t it, if anything bad happens in Thailand, blame the foreigner. I’m surprised the police didn’t go along with the ‘foreigner’ accusation and just arrest a couple of foreigners around the area, or should that read Burmese people??

2 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

About time foreigners boycott those thai establishments, too much risk to get accused of something ????

Great idea try not to spend money and lets see what the brains trust Junta does about the fragile economy.

The demonization of foreigners continues unabated. With the army being re-elected, expect more of this nonsense. It filters down from the top, with the nitwit, racist, hate mongers, in the army. It filters down to all levels of government, and even some foolish civilians are buying into it. I feel like one of Trump's hated "immigrants" here, sometimes. Fortunately, I think most of the Thai people are fine with us. But, the army? Five more years of these nonsensical, nationalistic, fake puritan diatribes? 

Police: So what did the thief look like.
Witness: Well, they looked like farang.  You know - shifty, dishonest, whiter skin, a little tall, round eyes - criminal looking you know!
Police: Yes, sound like farang alright.  Stealing anything in sight.  See all the graffiti in town - all farang work.  No respect for Thailand.  Dine and dashers too.  There was a farang in Bangkok who ate thousands of baht worth of food a expensive restaurants before he was caught. 
Witness: I thought that was a Thai?
Police: No no no.  Only farang do that.  
Witness: True.  Look at the nasty farang woman doing yoga at Thai temples.  She should be deported.
Police: We try our best miss.  Don't worry, we'll caught those evil farang who stole your bicycles.  They are probably criminals who have overstayed their visas too.
Witness: Good.  Lock them up and then kick the buffalo kee butts out of our virtuous country.
Police: We are working on that miss.  We're trying to get rid of all of them except for their millionaires.  The rest are no good scum.  We're working on new laws to get rid of the hoi polloi.  Have patience.
Witness: May Buddha bless you and curse these evil farang.

===24 hours later
Witness: They were Thais?  Oh my goodness.  Those must be the men we loaned the bikes to.  Go ahead and take them for a spin.  You're Thais.  We trust you!!!

Archived