"Foreigners" who stole antiques from Hat Yai restaurant turn out to be Thais

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Four Indian men go into a bar in Pattaya and ask fr one beer and four straws. After their beer they go out on the street and try to convince a Thai "lady" to lower her price and go with all four of them. Brilliant choice Thailand! Let's run the Western tourists out and replace them with Indian's and Chinese. What is you next target market? Nigeria?

When did a buffalo skull become and antique.  In addition, the "antique" bike just looks like an OLD bike.  These are not things that foreigners would even want.  Thais, on the other hand, seem to love old things, except for expats of course.

19 hours ago, connda said:

Got a Plan B yet folks.  You should.  
"Places in the world that are affordable and are nowhere as near as xenophobic as Thais" is one of my criteria for my Plan B, and Plan C for that matter. 
Thailand's dislike, distrust, and disgust of foreigners is really over the top as compared to other places that you can retire to, obtain a visa from, or simply visit.  
I reassess and reassess - but the anti-foreigner sentiment here is absurd as well as frightening.  

I could not agree more, although I do not detect it from the civilians. I get it from all government workers, and the army is the worst. But, the real question is, what are the affordable alternatives? Any suggestions? Cambodia, Burma, Laos, and Vietnam are not options for me, for a dozen reasons. Malaysia is nice, but not nearly as much fun as Thailand. So, where does that leave? 

14 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Settle down Mike,

it was an antique bicycle and a buffalo head. Stop tearing yourself apart with every alleged infraction

Time for you to leave the kingdom perhaps?

Quite lame. Nearly every time I see someone complaining, or observing a shortfall about the policies here, or the culture, some guy who has not taken the time to think things through, nor to devote any time, study, or focus on the issue at hand, says something like "Perhaps Thailand is not for you", or "maybe you should leave", or "it's not fair", or the top prize, "if you do not like it here, go back to your own country". 

Why? Because I have some issues with the place, I am not entitled to complain, or voice my opinions? Half of the posts on this forum are complaints. What is wrong with that? Don't we need someplace to vent? Why the sensitivity? Why such thin skin? Though absolute contentment must be a beautiful thing to be blessed with, it is not something most of us enjoy. The fact that I complain does not mean I do not love Thailand, my lifestyle, and most of the Thai people. I have a good life here. But, I do have some issues with the place, as most do, and I do not like the government, and there are some things I would like to see improved. Do you not see any room for improvement? I should leave because I complain? 

On 6/10/2019 at 11:16 AM, seajae said:

wonder if there will be an apology to foreigners or he will simply shut up due to loss of face, this shows how some thais look at all foreigners and how they think thais are perfect, thew reporters really need to make him face up to his false claims

Foreigners should do the "Thai" thing and sue for defamation. 

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:44 AM, darksidedog said:

Does show the intolerance so many Thais have towards foreigners though.

"So many"?  It does not show that at all.  It does show that the Thai in this case, not unreasonably from the CCTV, misinterpreted what was shown and jumped the gun.  Nothing to do with "intolerance towards foreigners".

They (the Thais) really are getting more and more race concerned and are starting/continuing to hate/discriminate farangs...but can we blame them ?

One just needs to read some hate comments from a minority of  supremacists on TVF or listen to some frustrated beer bellies in bars in Thailand and realise that hate/xenophobia/racism is a spreading global disease.

Archived