Thai health authorities warn of more "chikungunya" virus cases in South Thailand

webfact

Thai health authorities warn of more "chikungunya" virus cases in South Thailand

8pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

In their latest reports of outbreaks of disease the Thai health authorities have reported 86 cases of the chikungunya virus in the last week alone. 

There have been 3,592 cases - nearly all in southern Thailand - this year. 

The virus is caused by bites from infected mosquitoes and symptoms are fever, headache and joint pain from between 2 to 12 days after exposure. 

People who have been in the south up to two weeks ago and are experiencing such symptoms have been urged to contact medical staff and not buy drugs to treat themselves, reported Manager. 

A helpline is available on 1422. 

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-10

I am just getting over this, never have I ever had a disease that caused fingers and toes and every other joint in between to hurt so much.

It came on last Monday and I assume I was bitten over the weekend while working in the garden, started with backache and overnight developed fully. Unable to walk upright, no firm grip, absolute murder to get up from the toilet, no appetite and sweat running down My shins.

A trip to the Doctor thinking I had Dengue but luckily one jab and five days of tablets and rest seem to be working, lesson to be learned, use bug spray.

Archived