HDPrime and TVmucho video freezes in full screen mode

sumrit

As a setup I have a newish Acer laptop running Windows 10 plush a 22" Acer monitor connected as a second monitor. I usually use Chrome  as my browser but also have Brave, Firefox and Opera installed. I use CCleaner regularly as well as anti virus. I use AIS Fibre and don't have any internet/speed problems.

I usually watch UK TV via HDPrime (and sometimes TVmucho) using chrome and watch on the second 22" monitor, purely because of the larger size.

Everything has been working fine until a few days ago when the video started freezing as soon as I select to watch in the full screen mode, although the sound remains. Switch back to the small screen mode and the video works perfectly again. This only happens with HDPrime and TVmucho, it's fine on all other streaming sites I use.

It also only occurs when I use the streaming on the 22" monitor. Transfer to the laptop screen and everything works fine in full screen mode.

But here's what's confusing me. When watching on the 22"monitor using:

Chrome: Both video and audio work fine in small screen mode, Video freezes immediately in full screen mode but audio still works fine. Return to small screen and the video returns to normal.

Brave(which appears to be almost a clone of chrome): the same, Both video and audio work fine in small screen mode, Video freezes immediately in full screen mode but audio still works fine. Return to small screen and the video returns to normal.

Firefox: Everything works perfectly both in Small and full screen mode.

Opera: Again, Everything works perfectly both in Small and full screen mode.

It's strange because everything's fine when using the laptop monitor, the fault only occurs on the second monitor, but the fact that everything's fine in both Firefox and Opera would suggest there isn't a fault with the monitor itself, rather there is possibly some sort of compatibility problem with Chrome and Brave.

But I'm at a loss on where to go from here. Any ideas????

Edit: I have a dual boot tablet so have just tried it in windows 10, adding my 22" monitor as a second monitor, I can watch fine in full screen mode using chrome so the fault must lie somewhere in my laptop setup.

Archived