Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Sattahip: Udon Thani man drowns after saving two teens

Recommended Posts

Udon Thani man drowns after saving two teens

By The Nation

 

64219762_421182565399689_850959503829499904_n(1).jpg

Picture: Tnews

 

A man from Udon Thani managed to save two teens from drowning off a Sattahip beach in Chon Buri on Sunday evening only to drown himself, police said.

 

Police said Wutthichai Charoentham rushed into the sea after seeing two teens crying for help around 4pm but he was knocked over by a big wave and drowned.

 

Police quoted a relative of Wutthichai as saying that he saw the two teens being carried out to sea by a big wave and jumped into the water after hearing their shouts for help.

 

Wutthichai managed to push the two teens back to the beach but another big wave hit him and, exhausted by his efforts, he was carried out to sea and drowned.

 

The two survivors were identified as Singha Wangprai, 15, and Suthang Wangprai, 15.

 

Police said Wutthichai, a resident of Udon Thani’s Muang district, had taken his wife and their child to visit the beach.

 

Scuba divers from the Sawang Rojanatham Sathan Sattahip found Wutthichai’s body on the seabed about 200 metres from the beach.

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30370808

 

thenation_logo.jpg

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kudos to the man and I hope he is now in a special place.  But two 15 year old teens can't make it back to shore?  At that age I had already passed the junior and senior lifesaving ranks, had done the Boy Scouts one mile swim.  Horrible that they can't handle the water there in the Gulf

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The number of child deaths by drowning is staggering; yet ignored by a succession of politicians as there is no money in it for them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Kudos to the man and I hope he is now in a special place.  But two 15 year old teens can't make it back to shore?  At that age I had already passed the junior and senior lifesaving ranks, had done the Boy Scouts one mile swim.  Horrible that they can't handle the water there in the Gulf

Have you seen a Thai trying to swim..?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, nchuckle said:
12 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Kudos to the man and I hope he is now in a special place.  But two 15 year old teens can't make it back to shore?  At that age I had already passed the junior and senior lifesaving ranks, had done the Boy Scouts one mile swim.  Horrible that they can't handle the water there in the Gulf

Have you seen a Thai trying to swim..?!

 

https://news.thaivisa.com/article/35773/thai-national-womens-water-polo-team-wins-gold-in-czech

 

Plenty of Thai's can swim, but there could be great improvement in lifesaving education for youngsters...  but thats not just swimming but safety skills in general, start with the roads, include swimming... 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

 

https://news.thaivisa.com/article/35773/thai-national-womens-water-polo-team-wins-gold-in-czech

 

Plenty of Thai's can swim, but there could be great improvement in lifesaving education for youngsters...  but thats not just swimming but safety skills in general, start with the roads, include swimming... 

 

 

They are also gold medalist in child drowning. Last time I read the statistics no other country came close

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2019 at 5:38 PM, nycjoe said:

Some run to danger and others away. Rest in peace.

 

 What would you do, ?

   LIke the average farang in LOS, i would ..

 

 

Edited by elliss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A real hero, not many of them around. RIP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You were a good man Wutthichai.

Sadly missed but never forgotten. Loved by many.

RIP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

Any self respected person would have abandoned the dump for better pasture. 

My home country has become a bigger dump, and nobody else will have me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Derogatory post removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True hero. Although Farang here often complain about inactive Thais bystander syndrome there are some real good men and women here too. Sadly one less.......RIP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...