Sattahip: Udon Thani man drowns after saving two teens

webfact

Udon Thani man drowns after saving two teens

By The Nation

64219762_421182565399689_850959503829499904_n(1).jpg

Picture: Tnews

A man from Udon Thani managed to save two teens from drowning off a Sattahip beach in Chon Buri on Sunday evening only to drown himself, police said.

Police said Wutthichai Charoentham rushed into the sea after seeing two teens crying for help around 4pm but he was knocked over by a big wave and drowned.

Police quoted a relative of Wutthichai as saying that he saw the two teens being carried out to sea by a big wave and jumped into the water after hearing their shouts for help.

Wutthichai managed to push the two teens back to the beach but another big wave hit him and, exhausted by his efforts, he was carried out to sea and drowned.

The two survivors were identified as Singha Wangprai, 15, and Suthang Wangprai, 15.

Police said Wutthichai, a resident of Udon Thani’s Muang district, had taken his wife and their child to visit the beach.

Scuba divers from the Sawang Rojanatham Sathan Sattahip found Wutthichai’s body on the seabed about 200 metres from the beach.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30370808

thenation_logo.jpg

Kudos to the man and I hope he is now in a special place.  But two 15 year old teens can't make it back to shore?  At that age I had already passed the junior and senior lifesaving ranks, had done the Boy Scouts one mile swim.  Horrible that they can't handle the water there in the Gulf

12 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Kudos to the man and I hope he is now in a special place.  But two 15 year old teens can't make it back to shore?  At that age I had already passed the junior and senior lifesaving ranks, had done the Boy Scouts one mile swim.  Horrible that they can't handle the water there in the Gulf

Have you seen a Thai trying to swim..?!

18 minutes ago, nchuckle said:
12 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Have you seen a Thai trying to swim..?!

https://news.thaivisa.com/article/35773/thai-national-womens-water-polo-team-wins-gold-in-czech

Plenty of Thai's can swim, but there could be great improvement in lifesaving education for youngsters...  but thats not just swimming but safety skills in general, start with the roads, include swimming... 

49 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

https://news.thaivisa.com/article/35773/thai-national-womens-water-polo-team-wins-gold-in-czech

Plenty of Thai's can swim, but there could be great improvement in lifesaving education for youngsters...  but thats not just swimming but safety skills in general, start with the roads, include swimming... 

They are also gold medalist in child drowning. Last time I read the statistics no other country came close

On 6/10/2019 at 5:38 PM, nycjoe said:

Some run to danger and others away. Rest in peace.

What would you do, ?

LIke the average farang in LOS, i would ..

Archived