Krabi Airport baggage handler arrested for stealing passenger’s cigarettes

webfact

Krabi Airport baggage handler arrested for stealing passenger’s cigarettes

By The Nation

kr.jpg

FILE photo

Krabi police have arrested a baggage handler employed by a private company at Krabi Airport for allegedly stealing cigarettes belonging to an AirAsia passenger.

Passakorn Jaiyen, 27, was arrested on Sunday after police checked security camera footage at the airport and saw him ransacking the passenger’s bag, said Pol Lt-Colonel Atthapong Saenjaiwut, a tourist police inspector in Krabi.

Police took the action after Monthian Wongdee posted to his Facebook wall that he found that his bag had been opened during his flight from Krabi to Don Mueang Airport on Friday.

He said he flew on AirAsia flight FD3228, which had been delayed from 4.20pm to 4.40pm. After arriving home, he discovered that six bundles of 10-pack cartons of foreign cigarettes had gone missing.

Atthapong said a private firm employed Passakorn as an outsourced worker to load bags. He allegedly admitted to stealing the cigarettes, saying he wanted to try a foreign cigarette.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30370813

thenation_logo.jpg

So checking in a bag which is not locked or secured, really bright.

I use combination locked cases and have a plastic slip tie through the zipper holes, if that is broken I would take the case directly to airport security or airline desk

Were the cigarettes for resale???

21 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

So checking in a bag which is not locked or secured, really bright.

I use combination locked cases and have a plastic slip tie through the zipper holes, if that is broken I would take the case directly to airport security or airline desk

Were the cigarettes for resale???

usually leaving a bag unlocked or without any visible locking device will not catch stealers attention, having something locked and showing the lock means MAYBE something valuable it's inside thus curiosity for luggage handlers, we all know that curiosity killed the cat...

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

usually leaving a bag unlocked or without any visible locking device will not catch stealers attention, having something locked and showing the lock means MAYBE something valuable it's inside thus curiosity for luggage handlers, we all know that curiosity killed the cat...

Well I really do not think your theory worked this time:)

Archived