New dual track train line to slash travel time between Bangkok, Hua Hin and southern Thailand

webfact

32 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

The prices will soar ! And i would not trust anyone driving a high speed train here. I will wait a few years and count how many train wreaks first.

Agreed . These people are not ready for this .

1 hour ago, Mitkof Island said:

And how many Thais will be able to afford this? Second many foreigners will just fly cheaper and faster. This will be the biggest boondoggle in Thailand's history.

Next airport after Hua Hin (Air Asia is the only current user) is Surat Thani IIRC, then Krabi and further south- handy for people in between.

Strangely this isn't just about external tourism. Places like PKK and other towns down the isthmus will benefit.

Edited by Psimbo
  • Like 1

This has to be a joke. Thailand needs dual tracking for sure, but what it also needs is a reliable, cheap and safe passenger service, with as much freight as possible going by rail.

Prestige project, nobody will use it more than once although some people will make a lot of money building it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

And how many Thais will be able to afford this? Second many foreigners will just fly cheaper and faster. This will be the biggest boondoggle in Thailand's history.

People will fly to Hua Hin???

And did you not read the bit that said currently 90% of passengers between Bangkok and Chumpon are foreign tourists?  (Seems high, but I've never checked myself).  So people are already using the train, this will be faster and more convenient.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, happydays said:

mh1.jpg.1ec7b084e5c715e0816ab664a2b8d481

Is the track going to be elevated? Not sure I’d want to travel at 160kph above ground.

Oh well, 'happydays' to you when you have a liking for lobotomised vehicle drivers crossing the tracks, the odd ones falling unconscious (drunk and/or drugged) there, the pedestrian cousins of sleeping on the tracks, the buffaloes and other animals liking the specific(?) taste of the grass there, etc.!

Elevated is the only way to go, 2m. above surface or so (with steep, protected sides) already enough, mind you.

As for the, unsafe, narrow track width that will be retained, don't worry, there will be amulets available at a special rate for travellers... 

• Haha 2

Well that's all fine and dandy but what about the Eastern & Oriental express from BKK - Singapore and vicki verki hmm?? That likes to trundle along at a sedate speed so us peeps can view the countryside from the rear open bar with a G n T in hand and admire the locals from the dining cars while scoffing on exquisite cuisine, we don't want any of this high speed kerfuffle.

Having said that I do enjoy train travel and would probably use it once just as far as it goes to experience it. 

Chang bought a huge amount of land just north of Chaam/Petchburi so it doesn't take a genius to work out where one stop will be........not too late if you want some :0)

If they do half the developing of high class resorts and golf courses they have in their master plan a badly needed resort you can take your kids away from prostitution will become a reality and prices in the area will go through the roof