TOT fibre cable any good in Phetchabun ?

MrMuddle

As we have a landline with them, TOT are going to connect our line to a new fibre optic system they are installing in our area. They told my wife that unlimited internet is around 500 Baht month, with them. Anyone have experience of this ? is it worth getting ?

Will I be able to get TV from the UK over the internet with this ?

Yes but....there's always a but...it depends how you want to watch....from the official sources (they make it difficult) from free sources (they can be unreliable) or from a paid 3rd party IPTV provider...all possible but with various "workarounds" or wallet thinning.

I've had ToT fibre 50/20MB thb631/mo for some years now and I'm happy with it...I use it for my laptop (no games, TV or movies) and others in the house use it for their phones (wifi router supplied for free), it's supposed to be the best service in this area (south Suphanburi)...but others on other threads living in other areas say it's crap...might be worthwhile to see what yer neighbors use and how they feel about the ToT fibre service... the quality of the service can vary significantly depending on the area and the provider...

19 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

They told my wife that unlimited internet is around 500 Baht month, with them.

Probably 590 (+7% tax). 100/100 Mbit/s.

Surprised to see that all packages are fully symmetric now.

Not in Phetachabun, I have ToT fiber (50/20) since 2014 and it's stable and fast enough for the family.

At times I had up to 9 devices connected.

I know I should upgrade speed but.. never touch a running system :biggrin:

Their central service hotline in English is a mess most times (last time that I outburst shouting on the phone).

Make sure you have local contact number for your wife to call.

Archived