BANGKOK 21 July 2019 02:44
ukrules

All bars are being forced to close at 1am by the police across Hua Hin

Does anyone know why the bars are being forced to close at 1am all over Hua Hin?

This has been going on for about 10 days now by the looks of it.

I've seen the police driving down a road full of bars and ordering them all closed at exactly 1am several times now.

This includes the karaoke area next to the hilton hotel, the nightlife is currently ending at 1am, party no more if you like to go out late and stay out even later !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KittenKong said:

Sounds good to me. If I could be sure that it was permanent it would encourage me to move there.

Now what do we do for fun?

I actually thought the law actually requires bars to close at 1am -- or at least stop serving...  and that police have not fully enforced it... if that is so then actually enforcing the law seems quite reasonable and actually proper.  (not saying anything on whether I agree with the law or not). 

• Like 1

Along Soi 94 it is still 2 A.M. at the moment. P.C. Plod drives past at about 1.45 and waves to put the shutters up. That is the last we see of them....

Does Hua  Hin have special resort status for serving alcohol that allows late opening.

Here in Chiang Mai we are told the 12 midnight deadline is national law.

• Like 1

Its probably to start the drunken road killing early to ease the A+E congestion🤔 

Soi 80 and 94 don't seem affected and still open at 2am.  Last night (Saturday) was no different.