All bars are being forced to close at 1am by the police across Hua Hin

ukrules

Does anyone know why the bars are being forced to close at 1am all over Hua Hin?

This has been going on for about 10 days now by the looks of it.

I've seen the police driving down a road full of bars and ordering them all closed at exactly 1am several times now.

This includes the karaoke area next to the hilton hotel, the nightlife is currently ending at 1am, party no more if you like to go out late and stay out even later !!!

Nothing new - the bar closure times have varied between 12 1 and 2am for years

Usual reasons are someone big from the Government or Royal Family in town

New HH Police Chief "negotiating" the Tea Money required for the bars to stay open past the permitted time which in HH is 12 am

I was in a bar on Friday on Soi 94 which closed at 2am

I actually thought the law actually requires bars to close at 1am -- or at least stop serving...  and that police have not fully enforced it... if that is so then actually enforcing the law seems quite reasonable and actually proper.  (not saying anything on whether I agree with the law or not). 

Just the first round in negotiating the new tea money rate. The chief of police now has everyone's attention and everyone please send a representative to a meeting to find out what the new rates are.

2 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

I actually thought the law actually requires bars to close at 1am -- or at least stop serving...  and that police have not fully enforced it... if that is so then actually enforcing the law seems quite reasonable and actually proper.  (not saying anything on whether I agree with the law or not). 

The law is midnight.. Everywhere except some specific entertainment zones of which there are only a handful in the country, where it is 1. 

As is usual with unpopular (or profitable for the police) laws its been ignored for decades except in rare cases (chiang mai post coup, police shakedowns, royal visits, etc) instead of actually having a sensible debate deciding a law and implementing it. 

Hut hin is the royal family residence. Probably in these days there is an important person visiting the Hua Hin roads.

You know Thailand is a theater...they like positive social image, appearance, and reputation. Moralists without morality.

As a Bar owner in Hua Hin I can confirm that we all received a letter saying that there had been noise complaints and we were to shut at 1 am. That seems to have been lifted for now and yes we have to pay extra tea money to stay open for the extra hour (2 am) A lot of the bars do play Thai music at full blast so the noise complaint is plausible.

4 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Soi Bintabaht will be pulling down the shutters for good soon - Soi 80 will be the last refuge for the octogenarian HH sexpests ! (I would get there early !!)

absolute rubbish mate.

of course Bintabaht is not closing.

rumour has it, the bars near the hilton will shut, but that is it

35 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Oh NO!  Now What do we do??  Time to find another country or head over to the Family destination of Walking street in Pattaya.

No good for the old codgers from HH, not zimmer frame friendly.

13 minutes ago, sungod said:

No good for the old codgers from HH, not zimmer frame friendly.

actually a good late night scene in hua hin especially at weekends when all those sexy rich bangkok girls come down looking for a few hours away from their parents..

only old dudes wearing linen allowed mind you ????

Archived