All bars are being forced to close at 1am by the police across Hua Hin

ukrules

1 hour ago, mike787 said:

Oh NO!  Now What do we do??  Time to find another country or head over to the Family destination of Walking street in Pattaya.

You can do that mate but you won’t find any prostitution there ????

24 minutes ago, Benroon said:

where ?

sexy rich Bangkok girls looking for octogenarian Leo vested sloths - my 'dubious' radar is going mental !

as it should be, other end of town btw

and no, singlet wearers need not apply :cheesy:

though i have seen some amazing chicks dropped off by their drivers (lol) at the hilton end of bintabaht around midnight.. heaven knows where they were heading, shhh ????

5 hours ago, darrendsd said:

Nothing new - the bar closure times have varied between 12 1 and 2am for years

Usual reasons are someone big from the Government or Royal Family in town

New HH Police Chief "negotiating" the Tea Money required for the bars to stay open past the permitted time which in HH is 12 am

I was in a bar on Friday on Soi 94 which closed at 2am

Correct been going on well over ten years...even had a few Saturday nights where the bars were shut all night from late afternoon..only the high end hotels(eg Hilton)were allowed to serve !Other times the police have just stormed in at the late night bars and closed them down without warning.Still has the affiliation and respect down there to the late Kings Palace there..they don't want another mini Pattaya I guess and keeping it clean and more for families.

Not sure why you experienced this, last Monday through to Wednesday we were still drinking at 2:00 am in the main HH bars with loud music.........I went back to the hotel at 2:00 am but the others never got in until 4:00 am ................drinking at others bars around the Hilton ....................

5 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

i went there 3 years ago and nearly everywhere shut at one am, i came back to bangkok on the TUESDAY  bored shitless. and i am an old timer lol , do peole go to this place to die,??

I think they are already dead but still breathing. I also visited once.....no hurry to go back. Maybe in 15 years when I turn 80.

I think it funny, any one here complaining about the early closing time from the UK?  I lived in the UK for 1 year and 1 day (yes I was counting the days which shows you how much I loved living there) - the first few months in St. Albans and I remember seeing the amazing seen of bars closing at 11:00, thrown out of the bar at around 11:15 or so and all these smashed english blokes causing problems and along come the patty wagons to pick up them to provide them state accommodations for a while.

On 6/10/2019 at 11:16 PM, KittenKong said:

Sounds good to me. If I could be sure that it was permanent it would encourage me to move there.

The only thing that is guaranteed to be permanent here in Thailand is the unfair treatment of us expats and tourists by Thai immigration.

10 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

I think it funny, any one here complaining about the early closing time from the UK?  I lived in the UK for 1 year and 1 day (yes I was counting the days which shows you how much I loved living there) - the first few months in St. Albans and I remember seeing the amazing seen of bars closing at 11:00, thrown out of the bar at around 11:15 or so and all these smashed english blokes causing problems and along come the patty wagons to pick up them to provide them state accommodations for a while.

No such bullshit in germany, go out thursday come back next tuesday, no one cares.

Same rubbish law in the USA imo, land of the free they say -.- one can only laugh.

But imho at least in London you can get a 24hour license so at least there are places to go legally, cant say that about thailand.

34 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Darn right, any decent expat worth his salt would have taken cocoa and be in his slippers by 8PM. All you 60 year old youngsters head banging at 9pm to that Fink Ployd rubbish and other rubbish should be ashamed of yourselves.

Signed

Mr Grumpy

Mayfair

You never mentioned Peltin Elton.

3 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

No such bullshit in germany, go out thursday come back next tuesday, no one cares.

Same rubbish law in the USA imo, land of the free they say -.- one can only laugh.

But imho at least in London you can get a 24hour license so at least there are places to go legally, cant say that about thailand.

There was no 24 hour license (that served alcohol) in the UK more than 15 years ago (approximately) -- that I know of.  That means anyone of age 50 years or older would have more adult time under the 11:00 rule than... so any 'retiree' should be more than use to it.  I have lived under 1:00am closing law in Toronto (extended to 200am now), many other places close early.  I find that bars only get going a set number of hours before closing... so if the closing hour was 1am, it would start getting more people around 930 and start getting going at 10.  When the hour was shifted to 2am closing all that really happened is everything shifted more to 1030/1100.    So all you have to do is adjust your clocks and it works fine.

4 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

There was no 24 hour license (that served alcohol) in the UK more than 15 years ago (approximately) -- that I know of.  That means anyone of age 50 years or older would have more adult time under the 11:00 rule than... so any 'retiree' should be more than use to it.  I have lived under 1:00am closing law in Toronto (extended to 200am now), many other places close early.  I find that bars only get going a set number of hours before closing... so if the closing hour was 1am, it would start getting more people around 930 and start getting going at 10.  When the hour was shifted to 2am closing all that really happened is everything shifted more to 1030/1100.    So all you have to do is adjust your clocks and it works fine.

Might work for Pubs but not for Clubbing, imagine Ibiza would close at 1 AM, it would be an absolute dead island.

There's really nothing for the youth here, absolutely no electronic music scene, no clubbing of any other kind of music etc, festivals suck for equal reasons. The only purpose of clubs here is for prostitutes to find customers it seems but no one really goes there for the music as they close earlier as a mainact DJ would even start playing.

1 minute ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Might work for Pubs but not for Clubbing, imagine Ibiza would close at 1 AM, it would be an absolute dead island.

There's really nothing for the youth here, absolutely no electronic music scene, no clubbing of any other kind of music etc, festivals suck for equal reasons. The only purpose of clubs here is for prostitutes to find customers it seems but no one really goes there for the music as they close earlier as a mainact DJ would even start playing.

You need to get out more. Electronic dance/trance in many places. Not my thing personally.

24 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Nevada is 24/7.  Arizona allows bars to remain open till 3, and you can buy 1.75 liter bottles of booze at Safeway in California until 2am, for about what a liter sells for, here.  Decent smoke was a Dollar per gram in Arizona, and that  was way before it became legal.   And compared to Thailand, wine is 75% off, all the time.  Sorry to add some truth to your narrative.

2 minutes ago, moontang said:

Nevada is 24/7.  Arizona allows bars to remain open till 3, and you can buy 1.75 liter bottles of booze at Safeway in California until 2am, for about what a liter sells for, here.  Decent smoke was a Dollar per gram in Arizona, and the was way before it became legal.   And compared to Thailand, wine is 75% off, all the time.  Sorry to add some truth to your narrative.

Well i lived in New York, It's quite lame there compared to Europe clubbing wise, can't even compare Berlin or Barcelona to that - but yes a 100x better than Bangkok, i totally agree.

4 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

You need to get out more. Electronic dance/trance in many places. Not my thing personally.

yeah complete crap music or even worse some thai bs mashups. There's no decent techno clubs with good music in Bangkok except Mustace, Glow and Beam and they all get hammered down regularly when they stay open after 1 AM.

A friend from high school has been splitting time between the States and HH since 2004.  He set up a company and built 13 houses.  He just sold his last house (for 1/3 less than he could have got seven years ago, but did well).  He is coming out next month to close the deal.  It will be interesting to see if he stays, but doubt it.  He didn't like the Russians, and the situation with the Chinese is potentially 10 times worse.  The beach is about a 2 on a 1-10 scale.

6 hours ago, HHTel said:

Soi 80 and 94 don't seem affected and still open at 2am.  Last night (Saturday) was no different.

You're right, they reverted to normal a few days ago. I think it was Wednesday night when things returned to normal.

I was in town on Sunday 2nd of June and everything shut down at 1am, including the 'karaoke' area next to the hilton, apparently this continued until Tuesday 11th of June. I'm not sure when it started, I only noticed it on June the 2nd, the day after Liverpool won the champions league final.

6 hours ago, ally3220 said:

Actually most bars don't have the correct music license to play Thai music at all....

My wife owned a bar some time ago.  You don't need a license for Thai music but you certainly do for 'western music'.  It cost her after being caught playing 'farang music' without a licence.

On 6/16/2019 at 12:59 PM, nickmondo said:

absolute rubbish mate.

of course Bintabaht is not closing.

rumour has it, the bars near the hilton will shut, but that is it

I've lived in HH for over 13 years and heard that rumour when I first got here

It seems to resurface every couple of years - I will believe it when it happens and not before

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:55 PM, Vacuum said:

One would think that 8 hours of drinking (5pm to 1am) should be enough... 

well, not all people start drinking at 5 PM.  Thailand especially Pattaya was always fun for a holiday because at just about any hour of the day one could take a stroll somewhere and find something going on.  It was a great vacation place.  Sometimes snoozed or napped and then decided to go for a walk about at 2 am.

Archived