Video: Crafty old farang steals a Thai's money at supermarket checkout

webfact

Video: Crafty old farang steals a Thai's money at supermarket checkout

1.jpg

video screenshot

CCTV footage posted on Facebook showed an aging foreigner at a supermarket checkout in Pattaya. 

Only he notices that a banknote has fallen on the floor while a Thai woman completes her purchase. 

Then with a deft movement of a sandal-ed foot he covers the money and casually retrieves it before pocketing it.

He clearly believes his "heist" has gone unnoticed. 

But thousands have now viewed his thieving and "Kj.Jeab" called for leads to find him after the footage was posted on Pattaya Talk. 

It happened at the Friendship Supermarket in South Pattaya at 2.41 pm. 

Thai posters rounded on the man for not telling the woman about her fallen money with many saying this was typical. 

Only Tanapat Chonticha saw a funnier side saying in Thai: "Work is pressing". 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-11

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you saw someone drop money in a situation like that and didn't mention it to them and rather surreptitiously picked it up and kept it for yourself, that in my mind is the same as stealing it. Shameful, that man!

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

Then with a deft movement of a sandal-ed foot he covers the money and casually retrieves it before pocketing it

Out of all of the coins shown below which one can you step on in Thailand?

I'm thinking in the next few days, he is going to be putting money in another pocket...

Thai coins.JPG

24 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thai posters rounded on the man for not telling the woman about her fallen money with many saying this was typical. 

NO !!!! Thai posters, this is not typical !!!!!

In no way do I condone the low life act he did, but please stop tarring us all with the same brush, ????

15 minutes ago, Tonyt00 said:

Well, that equals things out! The farang that stole the bike was not a farang, but this one is. I wonder how it got on facebook?

The video is obviously security CCTV from Friendship, so I guess someone from that establishment put it up on F Book. Is that legal?

20 minutes ago, Tonyt00 said:

Well, that equals things out! The farang that stole the bike was not a farang, but this one is. I wonder how it got on facebook?

The guy in Friendship is also not a ferang, but a Thai.

He just happens to have had a good life - eating to excess. He also just returned from Korea after having cosmetic eye-rounding surgery.

The guy started to get nervous/excited when he saw the money drop and quickly moved in to cover the note when he had chance.
Looks like he knew exactly what he was doing and probably done similar before !

Most of us would simply point out to the lady she had dropped something irrespective of country/gender/religion etc , it’s the right thing to do !!

I have no sympathy for this guy when the BIB comes a knockin’ on his door.

ha ha that is so funny, i was in a  bar , with a load of Thais celebrating a birthday,  i keep my small notes in a plastic plastic zip lock bag in my pocket, had about 150 baht in it, i dropped it on the floor, i think every bloody Thai in the bar claimed it as being theirs.

21 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I can't see any way you could miss with your one shot. Will he be billed for the bullet?

Yes, he does seem to have a great mass and his gravity alone (compared to a bullet) would draw the bullet towards him, even if your aiming is bad.

22 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I have no sympathy for this guy when the BIB comes a knockin’ on his door.

If I exercise some creative thoughts I can be sympathetic. Has the financial knots tightened so much on this guy to make 20 baht worth this? Is it perhaps 1000, a substantial sum to some here? I can't tell, all my 20 baht notes are damp and creased up! 

Silly bugger!

Any different than the waitresses hiding 40+ baht of change under the notes on the silver tray?

Archived