Video: Crafty old farang steals a Thai's money at supermarket checkout

webfact

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

he stepped on it?

for the good of other farangs we must publicly execute him.

i'll do it.

May I assist you, please? I'd suggest to stone him and leave him in front of the supermarket for three days that the locals can do the rest. 

And some locals will beat the shi_e out of him when they see him, or by accident hit the wrong guy. But you've got the right to execute him, of course — a good day in the Land of lost and hidden banknotes. 

Looked like a 1,000 baht bill and the "skinny guy" seems to be starving...

What's really annoying is this: " Thai posters rounded on the man for not telling the woman about her fallen money with many saying this was typical. 

I had a very similar experience at the local Big-C when shopping last week. A Thai woman had lost a 500 baht bill, I immediately told her that and pointed at the bill. Is that also "considered typical?"

Let's pray for him or not. Hallelujah! 

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, evadgib said:
1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thai posters rounded on the man for not telling the woman about her fallen money with many saying this was typical

Yeah, right! ????

Of course. He obviously wasn't a taxi driver.

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I wonder if this would even be mentioned if he had tapped her on the shoulder and given it to her,

NO !

The bad stuff is more sensational, people always want and thrive on the negative. ☹️

And after a witch hunt on certain Social Media, the foreigners will all be generalized, and many people believe that we all are nothing else than a pack of thieves. 

37 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Which demonstrate how pervasive dumb xenophobia has become..

Oh, in the reverse case the thread would be full of claims of "Thainess" from our bigots and xenophobes. Hee hee!

15 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I wonder if this would even be mentioned if he had tapped her on the shoulder and given it to her,

NO !

The bad stuff is more sensational, people always want and thrive on the negative. ☹️

That only works when spoon-feeding 'honest cabbies' in the other direction.

the times I have dropped money in the  st or shop.it happens I,am sure someone behind me has picked it up quick as a flash.i,am upset when I find out but I don,t expect to have it handed back.i found 600 baht in a burger king once  and the place was empty  and only staff were there.no one bothered to ask about.so the times I drop 500 baht out of my pocket so be it.

How is that people don't realize the CCTV is pretty much everywhere now, especially shops and supermarkets. 

Big brother is watching you where ever you go and what ever you do. 

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

NO !!!! Thai posters, this is not typical !!!!!

In no way do I condone the low life act he did, but please stop tarring us all with the same brush, ????

It’s not so nice when it’s someone doing it to us is it? Hopefully some will take note but I doubt it 

48 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

The only reason it's even here as news is because such behavior is so unusual and unlikely to happen with the majority of people, in my opinion.

You're right of course.  This level of dishonesty is not normal, not among Thai or expats.  The fact that this guy is a farang doesn't mean it will be front-page news, but certainly warrants some coverage because farangs are expected to "do the right thing" in most circumstances.  Perhaps that stereotype has had its day. 

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

I wonder if this would even be mentioned if he had tapped her on the shoulder and given it to her

"tapping" an unknown woman on the shoulder, or any other part of her body, would probably end up in an arrest and big fines.

NO !

Totally right, but that goes for every news. 

But this shows clearly that white pensioners are not the angels many on this board claim they are. The moment a Thai does something bad they jump on it like a pack of dogs and now I don't see that behaviour. I do see some remarks calling the guy bad but just imagine if it was a Thai stealing from a pensioner and the response here.

27 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

"tapping" an unknown woman on the shoulder, or any other part of her body, would probably end up in an arrest and big fines.

Give over, it isn't Saudi Arabia.

He appears as if he has been here long enough to use a Thai phrase to get her attention.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Totally right, but that goes for every news. 

But this shows clearly that white pensioners are not the angels many on this board claim they are. The moment a Thai does something bad they jump on it like a pack of dogs and now I don't see that behaviour. I do see some remarks calling the guy bad but just imagine if it was a Thai stealing from a pensioner and the response here.

Once a thief always a thief, you do/may not change just because you cross that age line....????......But....(Watch till the end)..

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

Oh, in the reverse case the thread would be full of claims of "Thainess" from our bigots and xenophobes. Hee hee!

The only reason it's even here as news is because such behavior is so unusual and unlikely to happen with the majority of people, in my opinion.

It is the news? Post on the Facebook?

It is “news” on the thaivisa. Who decide that?

I don’t see it on the Thai news. Only have it here and Facebook. Maybe

Read the comment on the Facebook, how many people really say it is “typical”?

It is a funny video. Because he the idiot. Look funny.

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

And after a witch hunt on certain Social Media, the foreigners will all be generalized, and many people believe that we all are nothing else than a pack of thieves. 

Not really. Some good, some bad. Everywhere same. Not hunt the witch.

Archived