Video: Crafty old farang steals a Thai's money at supermarket checkout

webfact

1 hour ago, balo said:

Well he escaped without even a penalty, just had to pay back the money to the girl And I believe no police was involved. 
So he can return to his happy life in Pattaya. His mates, if he got any will probably have some funny discussions over this for the next months, 

Well I'm happier to hear that he got off lightly than to hear he got lynched.

However, I imagine there are about 100 foreigners in town that look somewhat like him, so that ain't good! 

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/12/2019 at 2:19 AM, richard_smith237 said:

You don't think all Thai's are stupid because you met one stupid Thai, right?

You don't think all Thai girls are hookers because you talked to a Thai hooker in a bar, right?

Then there is no need to assume Thai's will tar all westerners with the same brush and associate us with this thief.

It is quite fortunate that in general Westerners are still judged by Thai's based on our own individual merits rather than the behavior of a negative minority. I find Thai's to be extremely forgiving in their generalizations, particularly when dealing with people face to face. 

Minority ???

30 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

He could be in big trouble. He deliberately put his foot on a Thai note with the King's picture. My advice is never to do it. Like it or not in Thailand there are laws about insulting the monarchy.

When's the last time you heard of a prosecuted case about that? I've never heard of even one. His intention was theft. 

2 hours ago, balo said:

Well he escaped without even a penalty, just had to pay back the money to the girl And I believe no police was involved. 
So he can return to his happy life in Pattaya. His mates, if he got any will probably have some funny discussions over this for the next months, 

I was wondering why the video was blocked, gave her 2,000B to remove it from her facebook account, but I wonder how she got it in the first place? is it not the property (copyright) of the Supermarket?

Anyway, it is still on the web and not hard to find...

Archived