Video: Crafty old farang steals a Thai's money at supermarket checkout

webfact

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, mstevens said:

If you saw someone drop money in a situation like that and didn't mention it to them and rather surreptitiously picked it up and kept it for yourself, that in my mind is the same as stealing it. Shameful, that man!

shows the guy needs it badly - it is morally wrong.

3 hours ago, MRDave said:

So she was also short changed by the Thai on the till. It looks like it was not her day. Either that or she is lying about the second 1000 baht in which case maybe she deserved losing the 1000 baht in the first place.

Bald head

beer gut 

plaid Camel shirt 

cargo shorts

open toed sandals

Without ultra-HD CCTV there's going to be an enormous amount of suspects in the frame. He would be advised to wear  shades and slacks trainers and a coloured t-shirt for the time being and let some other similar sod get collared for the crime. 

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

It's a broken by Brexit Brit trying to get some of his pounds back. 

Making ignorant statements like that from bigotry rather than knowledge is almost as bad a this thieving mean toe-rags behavior!

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Making ignorant statements like that from bigotry rather than knowledge is almost as bad a this thieving mean toe-rags behavior!

Gee, just imagine your rage if he committed a real crime.

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

I hope everyone he knows is on Facebook and reads TVF...

Judging by his attire, I suggest there would be quite a large group of TV members who know him.

2 hours ago, Billy The Kid said:

He will be the most famous & hated  farang in Pattaya  tonight, He would be better off move to Bangkok or Phuket Right now.. 

Nah not a chance. There will be at least a dozen more run amok and completely destroy any sense of dignity they may of had.

4 hours ago, I am More Thai Than You said:

Looks like a true Brit to me. Thai's hate it when they get their own nastiness dealt back on them. I'm not condoning what happened but why was someone going through the CCTV? Did the shop get robbed later by a local?

[Edit: the Thai claims she lost 2000B. Now either she is telling porkies or she got ripped off further by one of her country folk.]

It could well have been 2 new notes fresh from an ATM they often stick together slightly.

1 minute ago, shy coconut said:
4 hours ago, I am More Thai Than You said:

Looks like a true Brit to me. Thai's hate it when they get their own nastiness dealt back on them. I'm not condoning what happened but why was someone going through the CCTV? Did the shop get robbed later by a local?

[Edit: the Thai claims she lost 2000B. Now either she is telling porkies or she got ripped off further by one of her country folk.]

It could well have been 2 new notes fresh from an ATM they often stick together slightly.

No... of course it couldn't.... ... You can't let reality get in the way of good old fashioned stupidity and a dash of racism... :coffee1: 

Haha look at the state on him. Hopefully he will spend it on some new clothes or a gym membership. 

In fairness to Thais - I’ve been told many times by them that I’ve dropped things including my iphone, wallet, money (yes I’m a disaster).

My bet is on him being British (we’ve got millions of lower class idiots like this chap sadly)

11 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Which demonstrate how pervasive dumb xenophobia has become..

What do you call it when Thais are all tared by Thai Visa posters. People do not like being lumped in one big pot no matter who they are. 

7 minutes ago, moe666 said:

What do you call it when Thais are all tared by Thai Visa posters. People do not like being lumped in one big pot no matter who they are. 

Just read my post again and you'll have the answer.

You Thai? ????

Didn’t find the link for video. To take someone’s money is wrong no

matter if it’s a 20 or 1,000. Karma kicked his ass with the posting and he’ll regret it for a long time.

Stupid just plain stupid. Was it the same guy that borrowed his neighbors mattress without asking.......

Hopefully he gives a public apology. Would like to hear it...

5 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Impulse control issues can sometimes surface here. I think it comes from the illusion that there are no guard rails here.

I think you have nailed it...it was ghastly but looked opportunistic. It would perhaps seem likely that he did not intend to set out to steal when he entered the store but took advantage of that lady's unfortunate mistake. Although with the rather broad (elasticated?) shorts maybe a few bottles of Thai whiskey for later might have been secreted upon his person lol.

It was more likely to have been a 1000 baht note from looking at the video as if he was totally on his uppers he would not have been buying toilet paper and merely relying on the (wonderful) bum spray over a 20 Baht find. 

As to the crime of disrespect of one's foot used to stamp on a banknote with the King's image I think there is no doubt an issue with LM- however, in the nearly 20 years in Thailand I never knew of it being actually prosecuted through the courts however that was under a former state. It is, however, another matter entirely if some Thai saw some foreigner that they deemed to have so offended. Indeed, seeing individuals wearing national flags motifs as underwear/swimwear always struck me as rather strange, disrespectful but ultimately their choice. 

As to the old geezer, I won't throw him to the wolves. We all make silly and stupid mistakes and none here know exactly what was his situation at that moment. Silly bugger! But for those baying for his blood, just take a moment. 

58 minutes ago, Hackney35 said:

Haha look at the state on him. Hopefully he will spend it on some new clothes or a gym membership. 

In fairness to Thais - I’ve been told many times by them that I’ve dropped things including my iphone, wallet, money (yes I’m a disaster).

My bet is on him being British (we’ve got millions of lower class idiots like this chap sadly)

I often have locals telling me that my bag is open or that money is showing from the top of my pocket.

Even two, what might be considered suspect males on a motorbike, alerted me to such. Of course I already knew. The point being that you cannot always judge a book by it's cover.

The reason why these threads are growing is that everyone is a bit shocked that this kind of person would do such a thing.

If he found it on the street and didn't know the owner, the comments would be probably be split 50/50. But this was so close to blatant theft, that most cannot see the space between.

13 hours ago, ezzra said:

We must admit, the temptation of pocketing 20 bhat that are not yours, what an adrenaline rush must it be, poor guy, he must have needed that 20 baht badly...

And straight after went looking for a bar with balloons outside.

Just sad, really sad.

Archived