Thai minivan driver caught in double lie as female motorcyclist killed in Sattahip

webfact

Thai minivan driver caught in double lie as female motorcyclist killed in Sattahip

3pm.jpg

A minivan driver taking a group of South Korean tourists from Pattaya to U-Tapao airport told police that he was innocent after her hit and killed a 30-40 year old woman riding a motorcycle. 

Buasorn Donkaew, 39, said the motorcycle was going the wrong way and he hadn't been drinking.

An alcohol test showed he had 114 mg in his system, well over twice the limit for holders of five year licences. 

And CCTV showed that the motorcycle was innocently going along correctly in the left hand lane. He hit her from behind. 

Pol Lt Pattananan Somnuan said that Buasorn has been charged with negligent driving causing death and is now in custody. 

He added that the identity of the victim was not known and efforts were being made to find her relatives. 

The accident happened on Samakhee Hill KM marker 164 on Sukhumvit Road on Monday.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-11

22 minutes ago, essox essox said:

SO IT IS DIFFERENT FOR DRIVERS WHO HAVE A ONE YEAR DRIVING LICENCE IS IT??

Yes holders of the provisional 2 years licence have a lower alcohol limit....but for public service vehicle drivers it really should be zero ( well as close as).

The minibuses are some of the worst drivers on the road..always in a hurry zig zagging across the road thinking they are Formula One drivers..when in reality they are often drunk or high on amphetamines and always on the phone total maniacs !!!!!

3 minutes ago, johng said:

Yes holders of the provisional 2 years licence have a lower alcohol limit....but for public service vehicle drivers it really should be zero ( well as close as).

The minibuses are some of the worst drivers on the road..always in a hurry zig zagging across the road thinking they are Formula One drivers..when in reality they are often drunk or high on amphetamines and always on the phone total maniacs !!!!!

should be the SAME for all holders of any driving licence.....Sheer stupidity but where are we????!!!

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Buasorn Donkaew, 39, said the motorcycle was going the wrong way and he hadn't been drinking.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

And CCTV showed that the motorcycle was innocently going along correctly in the left hand lane. He hit her from behind

Clearly so drunk that he had absolutely no idea what was going on, and an innocent woman is dead because of it. It is well past time for seriously punitive sentences (10 years plus), to be given out for such incidents, which are happening way too often, especially among those who drive for a living, and even more so for the wealthy, who always seem to be able to buy their way out of it..

3 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Clearly so drunk that he had absolutely no idea what was going on, and an innocent woman is dead because of it. It is well past time for seriously punitive sentences (10 years plus), to be given out for such incidents, which are happening way too often, especially among those who drive for a living, and even more so for the wealthy, who always seem to be able to buy their way out of it..

this is the trouble MONEY can do so many things for wealthy people....

5 minutes ago, johng said:

Agree with the mini buses, crazy and always packed with passengers.I lived on Sukhumvit near Bang Sare, a trip from/to Pattaya was a nightmare in a van, always used baht bus.

16 minutes ago, essox essox said:

should be the SAME for all holders of any driving licence.....Sheer stupidity but where are we????!!!

Actually i can give you other countries in Europe where beginner drivers have lower limits too. But I guess that would spoil your Thailand rant.

See the lower limit for novice drivers (you first get a two year license novice then a 5 year on)

https://etsc.eu/blood-alcohol-content-bac-drink-driving-limits-across-europe/

12 hours ago, Olmate said:

Agree with the mini buses, crazy and always packed with passengers.I lived on Sukhumvit near Bang Sare, a trip from/to Pattaya was a nightmare in a van, always used baht bus.

there is NO difference between van driver and baht bus driver....they have no clue as to how to drive safely and properly,. thats why I drive myself when wanting to go places. I only put my trust with MYSELF....dont like being driven by any Thai person. Long time ago I was in a truck being driven by thai man.....we were going down a fairly steep hill with bad bends....what did he do....depressed the clutch...which made truck go faster....<deleted>

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

Actually i can give you other countries in Europe where beginner drivers have lower limits too. But I guess that would spoil your Thailand rant.

See the lower limit for novice drivers (you first get a two year license novice then a 5 year on)

I've been driving here for 20+ years, but only have the 2 year temp license (downgraded from the 5yr license because I didn't have a Non-Imm visa this time round)... All irrelevant though as I don't drink drive.

The limits for any driver of a public vehicle should be Zero - a hard no tolerance limit with automatic jail time - this is the only way this issue can be dealt with to protect innocent passengers. 

The manner in which Thailand repeatedly handles these issues is nothing other than juvenile.

Why would a tourist want to visit Thailand when their lives will be at risk on public transportation?

Maybe I can answer that: for the same reason Thais drink and drive! Just don't care, or too stupid to know any better.

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I've been driving here for 20+ years, but only have the 2 year temp license (downgraded from the 5yr license because I didn't have a Non-Imm visa this time round)... All irrelevant though as I don't drink drive.

The limits for any driver of a public vehicle should be Zero - a hard no tolerance limit with automatic jail time - this is the only way this issue can be dealt with to protect innocent passengers. 

The manner in which Thailand repeatedly handles these issues is nothing other than juvenile.

The manner is logical its done this way in the EU too, most countries except for a few out of date ones have a lower limit for alcohol for novice drivers or 0. I see only a few countries UK for one also the one with the highest allowed alcohol (wonder why people still say that the UK has no drinking culture)

You can't expect the Thais to change their system as some foreigners a minority can't get a better license. These laws were made with Thais in mind. 

28 minutes ago, robblok said:

I believe a lower limit for novice drivers is a good rule. But those employed driving as a public service, buses, coaches, etc should be a near zero limit. So here we have a liar and a drunk who selfishly cost someone their life. Manslaughter charge required, long driving ban, lifetime public service driving ban, vehicle confiscation and, if there is an owning company, prosecution for employing drunks.

43 minutes ago, essox essox said:

Aus has the same restrictions on new licence holders.. Probatinary P Plates displayed on the car indicate new holder,zero alcohol permitted and random breath testing is Everywhere!

Just now, jacko45k said:

I believe a lower limit for novice drivers is a good rule. But those employed driving as a public service, buses, coaches, etc should be a near zero limit. So here we have a liar and a drunk who selfishly cost someone their life. Manslaughter charge required, long driving ban, lifetime public service driving ban, vehicle confiscation and, if there is an owning company, prosecution for employing drunks.

I agree 100% those driving commercially should have a near zero limit.  In almost all countries in Europe this is law.. except.. UK. 

30 minutes ago, essox essox said:

there is NO difference between van driver and baht bus driver....they have no clue as to how to drive safely and properly,. thats why I drive myself when wanting to go places. I only put my trust with MYSELF....dont like being driven by any Thai person. Long time ago I was in a truck being driven by thai man.....we were going down a fairly steep hill with bad bends....what did he do....depressed the clutch...which made truck go faster....***ker

That’s called “angel gear”

36 minutes ago, essox essox said:

there is NO difference between van driver and baht bus driver....they have no clue as to how to drive safely and properly,. thats why I drive myself when wanting to go places. I only put my trust with MYSELF....dont like being driven by any Thai person. Long time ago I was in a truck being driven by thai man.....we were going down a fairly steep hill with bad bends....what did he do....depressed the clutch...which made truck go faster....***ker

In the mornings from Sattahip to Pattaya the white baht buses were generally very good, slow to collect as many as would be waiting.In the afternoons generally packed with school kids, so again pretty slow. So on that route I would disagree with you ,NOT the same as vans.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I don't think anyone has suggested that this is a Thai-only thing. Which means it is just you ranting about something that no-one has written.

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I don't think anyone has suggested that this is a Thai-only thing. Which means it is just you ranting about something that no-one has written.

Then if it is so foolish.. why have most European countries adapted the same rules, lower limits for novice drivers ? Only a few backward countries have not done so. But the majority has a lower alcohol limit for novice drivers.

So why is it that in Europe a good thing and in Thailand a bad thing ?

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Then if it is so foolish.. why have most European countries adapted the same rules, lower limits for novice drivers ? Only a few backward countries have not done so. But the majority has a lower alcohol limit for novice drivers.

So why is it that in Europe a good thing and in Thailand a bad thing ?

You are quoting the wrong person. I haven't said whether it is a good or bad thing.

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You are quoting the wrong person. I haven't said whether it is a good or bad thing.

The person suggested it was a bad thing, not a Thai only thing. I countered it that they did this in Europe too so its not a bad thing at all but something generally accepted. (in progressive countries)

3 hours ago, essox essox said:

An alcohol test showed he had 114 mg in his system, well over twice the limit for holders of five year licences.

SO IT IS DIFFERENT FOR DRIVERS WHO HAVE A ONE YEAR DRIVING LICENCE IS IT??

WELL WE ARE IN THAILAND ARE WE NOT???

It's 'different' depending on how much money you have and if they 'know who you are'.   After all; millions of them don't even have a license at all !

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I strongly agree with zero tolerance but rarely happens because it negates the greedy police and lawyers.

As far as I know the limit for five year licences is 50 mg and two year ones is 20mg. (Would that even be one drink?) I stand to be corrected but maybe the fact it is not zero is to cover eventualities like people showing positive for alcohol when they have used Listerine or something.

Rooster

Archived