Jump to content
BANGKOK 17 June 2019 08:11
webfact

Thai minivan driver caught in double lie as female motorcyclist killed in Sattahip

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, robblok said:

Actually i can give you other countries in Europe where beginner drivers have lower limits too. But I guess that would spoil your Thailand rant.

 

See the lower limit for novice drivers (you first get a two year license novice then a 5 year on)

 

https://etsc.eu/blood-alcohol-content-bac-drink-driving-limits-across-europe/

I believe a lower limit for novice drivers is a good rule. But those employed driving as a public service, buses, coaches, etc should be a near zero limit. So here we have a liar and a drunk who selfishly cost someone their life. Manslaughter charge required, long driving ban, lifetime public service driving ban, vehicle confiscation and, if there is an owning company, prosecution for employing drunks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, essox essox said:

should be the SAME for all holders of any driving licence.....Sheer stupidity but where are we????!!!

Aus has the same restrictions on new licence holders.. Probatinary P Plates displayed on the car indicate new holder,zero alcohol permitted and random breath testing is Everywhere!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jacko45k said:

I believe a lower limit for novice drivers is a good rule. But those employed driving as a public service, buses, coaches, etc should be a near zero limit. So here we have a liar and a drunk who selfishly cost someone their life. Manslaughter charge required, long driving ban, lifetime public service driving ban, vehicle confiscation and, if there is an owning company, prosecution for employing drunks.

I agree 100% those driving commercially should have a near zero limit.  In almost all countries in Europe this is law.. except.. UK. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, essox essox said:

there is NO difference between van driver and baht bus driver....they have no clue as to how to drive safely and properly,. thats why I drive myself when wanting to go places. I only put my trust with MYSELF....dont like being driven by any Thai person. Long time ago I was in a truck being driven by thai man.....we were going down a fairly steep hill with bad bends....what did he do....depressed the clutch...which made truck go faster....***ker

That’s called “angel gear”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid met stupid, one dead.

Oh well. 

Carry on drivers and riders of Thailand, your the best of the best. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by stanleycoin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, essox essox said:

there is NO difference between van driver and baht bus driver....they have no clue as to how to drive safely and properly,. thats why I drive myself when wanting to go places. I only put my trust with MYSELF....dont like being driven by any Thai person. Long time ago I was in a truck being driven by thai man.....we were going down a fairly steep hill with bad bends....what did he do....depressed the clutch...which made truck go faster....***ker

In the mornings from Sattahip to Pattaya the white baht buses were generally very good, slow to collect as many as would be waiting.In the afternoons generally packed with school kids, so again pretty slow. So on that route I would disagree with you ,NOT the same as vans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robblok said:

Actually i can give you other countries in Europe where beginner drivers have lower limits too. But I guess that would spoil your Thailand rant.

 

I don't think anyone has suggested that this is a Thai-only thing. Which means it is just you ranting about something that no-one has written.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

 

I don't think anyone has suggested that this is a Thai-only thing. Which means it is just you ranting about something that no-one has written.

Then if it is so foolish.. why have most European countries adapted the same rules, lower limits for novice drivers ? Only a few backward countries have not done so. But the majority has a lower alcohol limit for novice drivers.


So why is it that in Europe a good thing and in Thailand a bad thing ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, robblok said:

Then if it is so foolish.. why have most European countries adapted the same rules, lower limits for novice drivers ? Only a few backward countries have not done so. But the majority has a lower alcohol limit for novice drivers.


So why is it that in Europe a good thing and in Thailand a bad thing ?

 

You are quoting the wrong person. I haven't said whether it is a good or bad thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

 

You are quoting the wrong person. I haven't said whether it is a good or bad thing.

The person suggested it was a bad thing, not a Thai only thing. I countered it that they did this in Europe too so its not a bad thing at all but something generally accepted. (in progressive countries)

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, essox essox said:

An alcohol test showed he had 114 mg in his system, well over twice the limit for holders of five year licences.

SO IT IS DIFFERENT FOR DRIVERS WHO HAVE A ONE YEAR DRIVING LICENCE IS IT??

WELL WE ARE IN THAILAND ARE WE NOT???

It's 'different' depending on how much money you have and if they 'know who you are'.   After all; millions of them don't even have a license at all !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I've been driving here for 20+ years, but only have the 2 year temp license (downgraded from the 5yr license because I didn't have a Non-Imm visa this time round)... All irrelevant though as I don't drink drive.

 

The limits for any driver of a public vehicle should be Zero - a hard no tolerance limit with automatic jail time - this is the only way this issue can be dealt with to protect innocent passengers. 

 

The manner in which Thailand repeatedly handles these issues is nothing other than juvenile.

I strongly agree with zero tolerance but rarely happens because it negates the greedy police and lawyers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There,s definitely something about these minivan drivers that gives me the willies ! Would never ever use one while there is any alternative !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I know the limit for five year licences is 50 mg and two year ones is 20mg. (Would that even be one drink?) I stand to be corrected but maybe the fact it is not zero is to cover eventualities like people showing positive for alcohol when they have used Listerine or something.

 

Rooster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...