Videos: Woman takes a beating from Thai man - the crowd film but do nothing to help

webfact

Videos: Woman takes a beating from Thai man - the crowd film but do nothing to help

6pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Daily News

CCTV and mobile phone footage from Chonburi showed an attack by a Thai man on a woman in broad daylight in the street.

Though many came to watch - and record the incident for Facebook - no one intervened. 

The footage shows the woman being dragged and punched as the assailant - described in the Thai media as "Mai Man" (not manly) - tries to force her onto a motorcycle. 

He eventually gives up carrying her elsewhere as people get their mobile phones out. 

One trader in an apron who stood by very close to the attack, yet did nothing, is heard to say:

"She was taking one hell of a beating".

Netizens commented on the story in droves wondering about the fate of the woman.

The attack happened in the Don Hua Lor area of the eastern Thai province. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-11

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour from the guy beating the crap out of the poor girl. Given the amount of times such scum pull out a gun when someone tries to intervene, I can kind of understand people not wanting to rush in to assist, but still an extremely poor show by the bystanders. There were plenty of them after all, and it went on for a while.

23 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour from the guy beating the crap out of the poor girl. Given the amount of times such scum pull out a gun when someone tries to intervene, I can kind of understand people not wanting to rush in to assist, but still an extremely poor show by the bystanders. There were plenty of them after all, and it went on for a while.

That mother yucker, GD cowardice, small dick, street punk beating the crap out of a defenseless little girl is lucky that I wasn't one of those bystanders. Maybe lucky for me too but the hell with the consequences, I wouldn't have been a do-nothing bystander.

Scum !

Society is falling to pieces - in the big cities.

I can guarantee you this lack of intervention would not happen in a village or market town.

Where everyone is a local and everyone knows each other.

The big city - what a mess.

13 minutes ago, neeray said:

That mother yucker, GD cowardice, small dick, street punk beating the crap out of a defenseless little girl is lucky that I wasn't one of those bystanders. Maybe lucky for me too but the hell with the consequences, I wouldn't have been a do-nothing bystander.

Scum !

I feel you but I saw a guy try to intervene in a domestic, big guy too, in a soi off WS one night a couple years ago. 

The assailant turned on him, as did the chick getting beaten and two other Thai guys standing nearby. 100% not worth it

8 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

I feel you but I saw a guy try to intervene in a domestic, big guy too, in a soi off WS one night a couple years ago. 

The assailant turned on him, as did the chick getting beaten and two other Thai guys standing nearby. 100% not worth it

I hear you and that's why I said "but the hell with the consequences", 'cuz man, I know myself and that would not be tolerated. Not intervening would have been beyond my control.

Footnote: It was gratifying to watch the little girl use her brains and brawn and get off that motorcycle (that his Momma bought him). Had she not, this story might have ended much more tragically, out of the view of CCTV.

12 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

That may well be the case but if I were there then I would not be able to stand back and ignore the situation.

Maybe I would take a beating but I doubt that, if he was a real man he would not be beating on a woman.

It was obvious to the bystanders from their conversation that they are couple, husband and wife.

What seem to stop people from helping her probably was how she interacted with the wife beater. Continue to cry, apologise/ admit guilt like a child while he was beating her indicates she still wants to stay with him.

If he is arrested, she won't press charge, and worse, could turn against anyone who interfere just to show him she is protecting her man. Seem weird, nonsensical, but yes, it happens all the time.

Pathetic coward!  Even more pathetic cowards just watching...

It's not just Thailand, this stuff is everywhere.

Guys like this honestly need to be beaten until they can't move.  Only after this will they stop!

I seriously wonder, if a foreign man would have stepped in and stopped this attack.  How many of the tough guy spectators would have jumped him and attacked him...

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The film should at least ensure that he's caught and served on a platter in the next few days, courtesy of the synchronized pointing team ????

I hope the victim is ok.

1 hour ago, Mackstask said:

<deleted> cowards the lot of them. Typical Thai mentality to stay out of trouble, a man beating on a woman! Come on!

His friends would have came out of the woodwork like roaches to help him. Even with the video the bib probably won't do anything ????

29 minutes ago, Easy Simple said:

It was obvious to the bystanders from their conversation that they are couple, husband and wife.

What seem to stop people from helping her probably was how she interacted with the wife beater. Continue to cry, apologise/ admit guilt like a child while he was beating her indicates she still wants to stay with him.

If he is arrested, she won't press charge, and worse, could turn against anyone who interfere just to show him she is protecting her man. Seem weird, nonsensical, but yes, it happens all the time.

I think some places in the US will arrest the attacker and charge them based on the video

Thai "Mai Man" assailant who attacked woman in the street was her angry husband

6b.jpg
Arrested : "Mai Man" (non-man) who attacked woman

Police in Chonburi said that a man who savagely attacked a woman in the street while onlookers filmed is her husband. 

He was cross that she had walked out on him for a week. 

Don Hua Lor police chief Pol Col Anukarn Thammawijarn said that the assailant was Prasan Laosing the husband of Ramida Namsri. 

The couple have been living together for a year. Prasan found her after she went missing for a week then assaulted her. 

Ramida was not badly hurt. 

He has been fined for assault and let go. 

The attack happened on Sunday and the arrest was made on Monday. 

The case became known as "Mai Man" in the media - this is a Thai expression using the English word for "Man" with "not" indicating it was the cowardly action of a person who is not a true man. 

However, the videos and CCTV also revealed several Thai men who were reticent to intervene as the beating took place.

Many seemed more concerned with their phones and filming the incident than saving the woman from a beating.

4 minutes ago, webfact said:
Thai "Mai Man" assailant who attacked woman in the street was her angry husband

6b.jpg
Arrested : "Mai Man" (non-man) who attacked woman

Police in Chonburi said that a man who savagely attacked a woman in the street while onlookers filmed is her husband. 

He was cross that she had walked out on him for a week. 

Don Hua Lor police chief Pol Col Anukarn Thammawijarn said that the assailant was Prasan Laosing the husband of Ramida Namsri. 

The couple have been living together for a year. Prasan found her after she went missing for a week then assaulted her. 

Ramida was not badly hurt. 

He has been fined for assault and let go. 

The attack happened on Sunday and the arrest was made on Monday. 

The case became known as "Mai Man" in the media - this is a Thai expression using the English word for "Man" with "not" indicating it was the cowardly action of a person who is not a true man. 

However, the videos and CCTV also revealed several Thai men who were reticent to intervene as the beating took place.

Many seemed more concerned with their phones and filming the incident than saving the woman from a beating.

So it's ok to beat your wife just say a wai pay a small fine and continue on. How fing stupid are the bib

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Redundant comment, removed. 

38 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The film should at least ensure that he's caught and served on a platter in the next few days, courtesy of the synchronized pointing team ????

I hope the victim is ok.

Caught very quick. Yes..

Served a on a platter. No...

Small fine and his ex wife looking over her shoulder waiting for the next time. :angry: 

the only message it sends to a pos like this is *oh i can beat the shit out of my wife / girlfriend and it will only cost me a small fine,* this country is run by males, women have no say, and i bet she has gone back to him, next time it will be a knife or a gun,

Archived