Videos: Woman takes a beating from Thai man - the crowd film but do nothing to help

webfact

After reading the previous post about the stupid old man nicking the woman's money and Thai people on Facebook saying it's typical! NOT!!!  I would like you know the Facebook link to this post as this is truly typical of Thailand, at least daily reported or captured via some kind of media. God know the true figure of violence against women?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour from the guy beating the crap out of the poor girl. Given the amount of times such scum pull out a gun when someone tries to intervene, I can kind of understand people not wanting to rush in to assist, but still an extremely poor show by the bystanders. There were plenty of them after all, and it went on for a while.

Friend of mine jumped off the back of a baht bus to help a Thai woman being beaten up by a guy. He ended up being severely beaten by the guy, the woman and a group of motorbike taxi riders.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Yeah, but then everything is ok then. Next time he gets angry, just beat her up again and pay a small fine for your behaviour.

may as well set up standing order from his bank - this is unlikely the first time this this tiny wee excuse for a man has beaten this girl and very unlikely to be the last.

On a positive note - if she loses it and shoots him she has some very compelling evidence to justify her action

either way - eventually sooner or later this will not end well

The by standers did intervene just not as heroically as monday morning quarter backs here would have liked or claimed to have done if they were there. He was trying abduct her on the motorbike and they did stop that. Where he went, the video cuts off it's possible someone got to him after that.

NO shock/surprise here.  It's the nature of the best, the Thai (wai) of life.  Learn from them.  You dare get involved, you will be destroyed beyond recognition.  Don't believe me, don't!!!  Read TVF how expats are destroyed by gangs and villages of people when they stepped into the fray of idiots, let nature take it's course.  Don't worry, Buddha will sort it out.  

4 hours ago, JMSIII said:

Pathetic coward!  Even more pathetic cowards just watching...

It's not just Thailand, this stuff is everywhere.

Guys like this honestly need to be beaten until they can't move.  Only after this will they stop!

I seriously wonder, if a foreign man would have stepped in and stopped this attack.  How many of the tough guy spectators would have jumped him and attacked him...

Guess you didn't see the story last week of that Brit up north who got the living shit kicked out of him resulting in a broken skull by some Thais just for trying to break up a fight. Trying to be the hero and be the peacemaker in this country has its consensuses.

I bet the bystanders would not be just standing around videoing the attack if it was a farang husband beating his Thai wife. They would gang up on the farang like the Thais normally do, but they do nothing when it is a Thai male (not a man) doing the bashing

5 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I bet the bystanders would not be just standing around videoing the attack if it was a farang husband beating his Thai wife. They would gang up on the farang like the Thais normally do, but they do nothing when it is a Thai male (not a man) doing the bashing

Of course they would, because all Thai's hate farangs and are looking for any opportunity to gang up on us right?????

It's post like the above which highly precisely how some foreigners here never get it... Foreigners are very rarely treated any differently by Thai's than Thai's treat each other.... general indifference. 

I'll go against the crowd here and say it doesn't matter that people are filming and not interfering. The availability of cell phone cameras and social media at least gives the victims some proof and justice - even in Thailand. 

5 hours ago, JMSIII said:

Pathetic coward!  Even more pathetic cowards just watching...

It's not just Thailand, this stuff is everywhere.

Guys like this honestly need to be beaten until they can't move.  Only after this will they stop!

I seriously wonder, if a foreign man would have stepped in and stopped this attack.  How many of the tough guy spectators would have jumped him and attacked him...

That behavior is Being called White Knight(ing) which Offers solid reasoning for nonintervention. although I sympathize with your sentiments, that is a bad policy today.

knowing what I know now, I would not intervene. easy simple's comment expresses that reasoning perfectly.

It does not matter if she is his wife, there is NEVER a good reason to beat a woman.

Borrowed from Jimmy Carr:
It's just so stupid, isn't it? Beating your wife... I mean, it's your wife- it's like keying your own car!
Some woman love it. My mother got beaten a few times a week for 12 years

Sent from my star using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Of course they would, because all Thai's hate farangs and are looking for any opportunity to gang up on us right?????

It's post like the above which highly precisely how some foreigners here never get it... Foreigners are very rarely treated any differently by Thai's than Thai's treat each other.... general indifference. 

Agree 100 percent with you on your post.

Will add, the kind of farangs that are treated differently (ripped off, scammed, treated with no respect and lied to,) are usually the kind that are arrogant, act and think they are superior to Thai people, and that Thailand culture is inferior and less evolved than that of their own country.  (or are just social misfits and rather dumb and would have similar problems in their home country).

It's amazing how dumb they can be... basically buying a wife, family, treating them like they are property and dumb pets that they can control (with money), and being spiteful and distrusting of any Thai people / customs and culture they happen across. 

Living in a farang land expat bubble and not able to adapt or have any flexibility to anything to do with Thai society.  

4 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I'll go against the crowd here and say it doesn't matter that people are filming and not interfering. The availability of cell phone cameras and social media at least gives the victims some proof and justice - even in Thailand. 

And some excuse, to be perceived as 'doing something'.

45 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Agree 100 percent with you on your post.

Will add, the kind of farangs that are treated differently (ripped off, scammed, treated with no respect and lied to,) are usually the kind that are arrogant, act and think they are superior to Thai people, and that Thailand culture is inferior and less evolved than that of their own country.  (or are just social misfits and rather dumb and would have similar problems in their home country).

It's amazing how dumb they can be... basically buying a wife, family, treating them like they are property and dumb pets that they can control (with money), and being spiteful and distrusting of any Thai people / customs and culture they happen across. 

Living in a farang land expat bubble and not able to adapt or have any flexibility to anything to do with Thai society.  

It is a pity that you have not witnessed the same things that my non bought Thai wife and I have witnessed especially over the last several months and I am not talking about your typical areas like Pattaya, I am talking about the Isaan Area and even my non bought wife has mentioned that it is getting worse with the gang attacks on farangs. It looks like you have written a very good description of the way you are and what you have done.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Hahahahahahaha, I had a good chuckle reading your post. Good one bud!

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

oh yes, true. anyone who has genuine thai friends or knows anything about the culture in thailand will know that generally speaking aside from family, though sometimes even family too, thais are capable of treating each other very shoddily.

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour from the guy beating the crap out of the poor girl. Given the amount of times such scum pull out a gun when someone tries to intervene, I can kind of understand people not wanting to rush in to assist, but still an extremely poor show by the bystanders. There were plenty of them after all, and it went on for a while.

Would you have jumped in to save her knowing there might be a chance you'd get shot or stabbed? Just thinking about what happened to the foreign guy who helped out in Pattaya recently and 'got taught a lesson' for his trouble which resulted in him being hospitalised.

8 hours ago, Mackstask said:

<deleted> cowards the lot of them. Typical Thai mentality to stay out of trouble, a man beating on a woman! Come on!

Seems to be a cultural issue from the past where you by the Law should not interfere as it was considered as a family issue. This Law has changed, but many still acting like before - sad ..

32 minutes ago, Cuba said:

Would you have jumped in to save her knowing there might be a chance you'd get shot or stabbed? Just thinking about what happened to the foreign guy who helped out in Pattaya recently and 'got taught a lesson' for his trouble which resulted in him being hospitalised.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Another case of Hegemonic masculinity is defined as a practice that legitimizes men's dominant position in society and justifies the subordination of the common male population and women, and other marginalized ways of being a man

1 minute ago, Bert got kinky said:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Brave men might do - other with common sense does not and rather calling the police … :thumbsup:

This is shameful and cowardice of the first degree how could grown men stand by and only film this criminal assault.

I am sorry but I couldn’t be a bystander to such a thing I have intervened in the past and would do again maybe it’s my upbringing I don’t know but I do know when appropriate action is warranted.

That is why western culture differs from Thai culture. A Thai woman married to a Thai is deemed his property via his sin sot to wife’s family. She is his woman now and forever unless divorced under the law. How she was treated by her husband whether rightly or wrongly is her business and nobody else . It is deemed a domestic affair and no police would get involved in this. Hell... even the plod has his own domestic headache so everybody knows when to hands off. Let the couple resolve the conflict themselves. Get divorced legally if it becomes unbearable. 

1 hour ago, Ctkong said:

That is why western culture differs from Thai culture. A Thai woman married to a Thai is deemed his property via his sin sot to wife’s family. She is his woman now and forever unless divorced under the law. How she was treated by her husband whether rightly or wrongly is her business and nobody else . It is deemed a domestic affair and no police would get involved in this. Hell... even the plod has his own domestic headache so everybody knows when to hands off. Let the couple resolve the conflict themselves. Get divorced legally if it becomes unbearable. 

But that doesn’t answer the question of uncalled for violence against a woman .Or are you looking for an excuse to do nothing in this situation some of us have the balls we were born with others have them painted on.

Archived