Videos: Woman takes a beating from Thai man - the crowd film but do nothing to help

webfact

6 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Will add, the kind of farangs that are treated differently (ripped off, scammed, treated with no respect and lied to,) are usually the kind that are arrogant, act and think they are superior to Thai people, and that Thailand culture is inferior and less evolved than that of their own country.  (or are just social misfits and rather dumb and would have similar problems in their home country).

Seriously? Dumbest post of the night.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Ctkong said:

That is why western culture differs from Thai culture. A Thai woman married to a Thai is deemed his property via his sin sot to wife’s family. She is his woman now and forever unless divorced under the law. How she was treated by her husband whether rightly or wrongly is her business and nobody else . It is deemed a domestic affair and no police would get involved in this. Hell... even the plod has his own domestic headache so everybody knows when to hands off. Let the couple resolve the conflict themselves. Get divorced legally if it becomes unbearable. 

Or she is murdered 

8 hours ago, TheHangingJudge said:

But that doesn’t answer the question of uncalled for violence against a woman .Or are you looking for an excuse to do nothing in this situation some of us have the balls we were born with others have them painted on.

Your opinion of uncalled for, is derived without knowing sweet FA about the history. The man doing the beating feels differently, and presumably knows substantially more. 

He is a spoiled brat bully throwing a tantrum, of course.

Many would balance getting involved with getting themselves seriously injured. A very likely scenario. I can only say I would have to have been there to know how I might react. 

I have been in this crazy country a long time and one thing I feel I have learned is to mind my own business. 

9 hours ago, Ctkong said:

That is why western culture differs from Thai culture. A Thai woman married to a Thai is deemed his property via his sin sot to wife’s family. She is his woman now and forever unless divorced under the law. How she was treated by her husband whether rightly or wrongly is her business and nobody else . It is deemed a domestic affair and no police would get involved in this. Hell... even the plod has his own domestic headache so everybody knows when to hands off. Let the couple resolve the conflict themselves. Get divorced legally if it becomes unbearable. 

Let the couple resolve the conflict themselves.

That is what the woman tried to do when she walked out on him but then she got a beating for trying.

If she ever mentions divorce she might end up in a much worse situation.

This woman does not need cowards people filming her, she needs protection before it is too late, pity that the Thai police are not up to the job.

I have one mantra when in any Asian country.  And that is that I cannot save the world. If I wasn't there, it would happen anyway. I know that sounds heartless and wimpy, but its not worth sacrificing my own life. As a farang, you will come out the loser.  Understand that or pay the price. Try saving someone in China, and the mob mentality will be on you like white on rice. You will not only pay with your life, but will pay financially also, if you are still alive. Bite your lip and move on.

22 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour from the guy beating the crap out of the poor girl.

Sign of the times.

I don't think people of any race, or religion would have helped anywhere else.

Heroes are a dying breed and truthfully, the only good hero often ends up sued, or behind bars for his/her actions.

Sign of the times we are living in. 

There is a lot that bystanders can do, while protecting themselves as much as possible.

https://www.nsvrc.org/bystander-intervention-resources

https://www.samuelmerritt.edu/sexual_violence/bystander

One thing is to make noises which may distract the offender, and allow the "victim" to run off.

I actually carry a whistle (yes the old postman's whistle) , which I used to make noise to distract a people who was intent on committing violence.

The whistle is on a lanyard, which is attached to the shoulder strap on my bag. I have a couple of them on different bags

2 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Sign of the times.

Not entirely true.  You may not have stepped up, but I know a lot that would.

3 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Sign of the times.

Heroes are a dying breed and truthfully, the only good hero often ends up sued, or behind bars for his/her actions.

Sign of the times we are living in. 

One does NOT HAVE TO BE A HERO.

Distract, remain safe, call for assistance.

If trained you may be able to utilise "disarming techniques", without being harmed.

Look up "Bystander Interventions"  

One of Australia's military leaders stated :

The standard we walk past, is the standard we accept".  He was referring to bullying and domestic violence.

16 hours ago, Ctkong said:

We can all see the type of guy you are then. Please tell us you're single or gay?

so i saw on facebook page: Pair Chirawat Laochai

Lots of weird reactions by Thai, or must be stupid translation by google 

In those reactions also saw Thai girls/ women who lived also such experiences !!

So it is just common in Thailand, Thai way ?! Cowards beating up a woman.

How ever i also see if the Thai woman gets angry, she just hires someone to kill their husband/ friend.

Same as in UK, though they (the women) do it them selves then and end up in jail.

Saw a docu about UK men, doing just the same to their gf's /wives and drove the women to finally kill their "beloved " ones. It is not only Thailand.

Archived